V1.C10 Cursed Sword, Trap?
6.1k 12 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo sat in his room and released a deep sigh. 

'I can't save Eri like this. I need power...'

(You are doing well, Leo. You need to get better equipment and level up.)

[Hidden Quest triggered: Greed]

Your greed to become stronger has triggered a hidden quest. You shall reach the 100th Floor within a month.

Difficulty: SS

Penalty: 'The Creed' all functions locked for three months

Rewards: Unlock [Mystery Shop] Function, 20,000SP

[This Quest can't be denied]

'Does the system really want to kill me? I can't even clear 20 floors by myself. There is no way Irene's party will help me on this suicidal quest.'

'Then I'll become a madman and clear the fucking Labyrinth.'

He fell on his back and closed his eyes to sleep. He was already exhausted from all the fighting.

***

Leo woke up by a loud knock on the door. He staggered to the door and opened it. Irene stood on the other side dressed in casual clothes.

"Good Afternoon Leo," she greeted.

"Good Mo— wait, it's afternoon already?" he replied in a stupefied manner.

Irene shoved something in his face, he clasped it to see a lunch box.

"Wait here for a bit," he said and went to brush his teeth.

Irene stood there blushing. Why the hell was she blushing?

A chilly wind hit his chest, he moved his head to see his slender muscles out in the open. Looking back, he shot a dubious gaze at her.

After he ate the delicious breakfast, they went out for some shopping.

"Where are we headed for?" he asked curiously.

"Blacksmith," she said.

He nodded his head and followed her inside the shop and saw an old man sitting on a crude wooden chair, his hands moving the sword back and forth against a whetstone.

"Hey little girl, got yourself a boyfriend?"

Irene shook her head with a sigh, this old man always annoyed her like this.

"Uncle Tars, stop calling me little girl and he is not my boyfriend."

The old man laughed merrily. "So what do ya need from these old bones?"

"Show some good armors for him," Irene said.

Tars scratched his beard while examining Leo. "Hmm… what kind of armor do you want?"

Leo pondered for a moment before answering, "Durable and easy to move in."

Tars moved his gaze to the sword tucked on Leo's waist. 

"Swordsman?"

"Yes."

He fought with swords, so technically he was a swordsman.

The old man tinkered around his collection for several seconds before he pulled out three armors. He separately placed them on the counter sitting to the side of his chair.

"These are the best armors for agility based fighters."

'Analyze'

[Lizard Skin Armor Set]

Light Armor made from lizard skin, boosts defense.

Rank: C

P. Defense. 50 M. Defense. 20

[Bearskin Armor Set]

Light Armor made of bearskin, boosts defense.

Rank: C

P. Defense. 60 M. Defense 25

[Leather Armor Set]

Light armor made from leather, boosts defense.

Rank: C

P. Defense. 50 M. Defense 20

He chose the leather one without any second thought. The other two looked too ugly in his eyes.

Leo pointed at leather armor. "How much for this?"

"You got good eyes boy."

Irene also nodded, satisfied by his choice.

"It's eight thousand Luta."

"Four thousand Luta." 

Leo replied, instantly cutting the price in half.

He bargained with the old man until they agreed for 5000 Luta. He laughed seeing the old man sulking after Irene scolded him.

Leo wore on the armor, satisfied by the looks of it.

The old man whistled loudly. Irene stood there with a poker face, but one could see the blush on her face.

"Let's go," he said with a shrug.

***

Leo followed Irene, she wanted to take him somewhere again.

"Where we headed for this time?"

"To buy a new sword," Irene said seriously.

"For whom? That old man shop wasn't enough?"

She pointed at him. "You can't survive with that crappy sword and I have an acquaintance that has better swords."

"Don't call my sword crappy, even though it's crappy."

"You could have died back then, I—"

Ignoring the cold look in her eyes, he smiled. "Don't worry, it will take far more than that to kill me."

"Honestly, you are stupid."

"I'm not stupid, you idiot."

"....."

"Let's go and kill some monsters," he asked with hopeful eyes.

"You are not going anywhere today, I'll keep an eye on you," she said in a cold voice.

His lips curled in a playful grin. "Just tell me if you want to spend time with me, no need to find excuses."

Irene looked away with a smile, ignoring his words.

***

They walked inside a big shop and a man in his early twenties welcomed them.

"Hey Irene, long time no see."

Irene flinched at his greeting then stared at the man. "Jacob, show some good swords for my friend."

Jacob glanced at Irene's friend, a young man in leather armor. His smile cramped when he saw Irene talking to the man with a smile.

'She never showed a smile and always treated me coldly. What does he have that I don't? His handsome face?' he thought.

Envy and hatred surged inside his heart, but he kept a calm face and went inside to pick a sword with a sinister smile.

Leo shook his head with a bitter smile. "Looks like he dislikes me? Poor guy is jealous."

Her eyes turned hollow, his words angered her. "We used to be friends, not anymore."

"Friend—"

"He confessed to me, saying he loves me so much. But I didn't feel the same," her eyes turned cold. "He kept annoying me so I skewered him with Ice spears. Now we are back to acquaintances."

'Remind me to never mess with her.'

(.....)

Jacob came out with a Longsword in a black sheath. 

'Analyze'

[Cursed Magic Sword]

A Magic Sword cursed by Spirits. The wielder needs to have a strong mind, or they will lose their will to the sword.

Enchantments: [Aura] [Final Death]

Rank: A

P. Attack +150 

M. Attack +100

'It's pretty powerful, I can use it right Jen?' he thought excitedly.

(If you can't, then nobody can.)

"How much for it?"

"It's twenty thousand Luta normally, but you are a friend of Irene so only five thousand Luta will do," Jacob replied with a smirk.

'This bastard wants me to die, huh.'

(Jealousy…)

"I'll buy it."

He grabbed the hilt and pulled out the blade, black longsword gradually appeared, crimson runes carved on it. It was a masterpiece in both craft and beauty.

'Absolutely gorgeous, my new baby.'

Leo sensed something inside the sword, but he ignored it. After sheathing the sword, he saw Jacob standing there, his mouth opened wide in shock.

Leo extended his hand and grasped his neck.

"If you ever try anything like this, I'll kill you. Feel free to try me if you want."

He put some strength in his hand and lifted the weakling.

"Guhh!"

Jacob struggled to break free, digging his nails on Leo's hand. He couldn't even put a little scratch.

He released his hand. Jacob collapsed on the ground holding his neck. "I-I... sorry."

Irene watched everything with a poker face. Leo glared at his miserable state and walked out.

He really would've killed him if he stayed there any longer, but he had to stay in this town for now.

Jacob sat there in fear and confusion. 'Wasn't it a cursed sword? What kind of monster is he?'

Irene looked at him, her eyes emitting a cold and chilling light. "If you dare to do anything to him, even if he spares you. I'll not. Understand?"

She threatened Jacob and ran out of shop in a hurry. Irene caught up to him as Leo walked rather slowly and started walking beside him in silence.

Leo broke the heavy silence. "Looks like you want to ask something?"

She thought for a moment then said, "How did you know it was cursed?"

"Just a skill of mine," he replied indifferently.

"This is my first time seeing someone wield this sword."

'She didn't stop me despite knowing it was a cursed sword. Maybe she doesn't care about me, just wants to repay me for saving her.'

(.....)

They strolled around for the rest of the day, bought some things (Which Leo paid for), kicked ass of a thief and some random stuff.

Leo ate dinner and escorted Irene to her home. No way he would let her go alone this late.

106