V1.C16 Training with new skills
5.7k 9 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo ran in the caves, wishing for some prey to appear in his minimap. He could do it all day with his enhanced endurance and a lick of divinity stone.

(Don't treat it like some candy.)

He caught sight of a Kickboxer Rabbit dashing in bursts, causing sonic booms with every dash.

'I should teach this bastard that it's illegal to break sound barriers.'

(.....)

He followed it while keeping a distance, he nearly lost sight of it multiple times. The rabbit headed for the river to drink water.

He had a flash of inspiration as his lips stretched in a cruel smile.

Kickboxer Rabbit drank water cautiously. Feeling something, its ears twitched and it looked around. Finding nothing Rabbit resumed drinking water with a good mood, happy about not meeting the Claw Bear.

The water below changed from faint blue to red. Following its instincts, Rabbit tried to jump but a numb feeling stopped it. After that, all it saw was a flash and the cave spinning.

Leo looked at the Kickboxer Rabbit corpse greedily. He stopped [Final Breath] and stored the corpse in inventory and went back to his home(cave).

He cooked the meat in his precious oven and consumed it.

The pain came, it was not brutal like before. It still made him groan, it was over before a minute. He felt his senses getting sharper. He concentrated his vision to see everything in slow motion. His head started buzzing after two seconds.

['Air Dance' skill acquired]

['Aerodynamic' skill acquired]

['Supersonic Step' skill acquired]

['Extreme focus' skill acquired]


[Air Dance (Passive skill)]

Increases the base reaction speed of the user, and gives the ability to move at high speed


[+Aerodynamic (Active skill)]

Allows the user to create small plates of compressed air under their feet


[+Supersonic Step (Active skill)]

Allows the user to move with a speed that breaks the sound barrier.


[+Extreme Focus (Active skill)]

Increases perception to the limits for a short time. Causes mental fatigue if used too much.

Leo Evans

Age:17 Male

Title: [Behemoth Killer]

Race: Human-Monster Hybrid

Level: 16

Strength: 480

Vitality: 580

Defense: 500

Agility: 600

Magic: 1500 (Sealed)

Magic Defense: 1500

'I'm stronger now! I need to train these skills, then I will confront that Claw Bear. 100th floor is the goal after that.'

(.....)

'[Air Dance]… That rabbit used explosive power in its legs to achieve such speed. It should be [Supersonic Step]. Let's try it.'

He made a mental image of mana gathering in his legs and dashed forward, only to slam face-first on the wall. The collision formed craters on the wall.

"Ouch!"

He stood and checked his body to find no injury.

'Damn, my endurance is monstrous. Next is [Aerodynamic], it should be the skill that Rabbit used to change direction mid-air.'

He leaped and made a mental image to create something solid below his feet. The wind compressed itself into a solid platform for him to stand on. He balanced himself to avoid falling and sighed in relief but the plate disappeared making him fall.

After training the skills for a day, he hunted three twin-tailed wolves and one kickboxer rabbit. He ate them but his stats didn't increase much.

'So my stats won't increase from eating a monster over and over. One more reason to descend quickly. But I need that Claw Bear's skill.'

Leo ran through the caves, using aerodynamic to dodge the protrusions. His figure blurred in the caves.

He searched for the claw Bear while collecting all kinds of ores here. He wanted to make a gun from them later. A dozen kilogram was already stocked up in his inventory.

[Blastrock]

An ore that burns slowly and explodes violently if a large amount is burned in a confined place.

Basically gunpowder of this world.

[Taur stone]

An ore that can easily handle heat and impact. It becomes fragile and brittle when cooled.

The best material for bullets, he could make a gun, but he lacked the necessary tools to make it.

"Forget it, I'll try after I leave he—" his eyes fell on the Claw Bear munching on something with its back wide open and his face formed a vicious smile.

He held his sword tightly and faced the bear. Using supersonic step with extreme focus, he vanished from the spot.

The claw bear chewed on a kickboxer rabbit. Its aura intimidated other monsters on this floor, so no one messed with it. It never stayed vigilant, it had the pride of a king of the floor. But it suddenly felt a chill, it tried to dodge the sneak attack, but something was shoved in its backhole.

The bear cried loudly in pain, most likely for mercy. Even Leo felt bad for it. "Yo!" and activated his cursed sword ability [Final Death] with mana manipulation.

The bear tried to turn back but the sword was fixed firmly in its asshole. Gray aura moved from sword to the inside of the claw bear and burned everything there.

[Title: 'Cruel Hunter' Acquired]

[Cruel Hunter]: The one who can hunt anyone, anywhere and anytime in the cruelest and vicious manner.

Effects: Increases Stats by 20% when striking undetected.

His lips twitched seeing its description.

'It's survival of the fittest here bastard.'

He drank some Ambrosia and put the corpse in his inventory. His inventory only had 25 slots, each could hold 1000kg. 1 slot was nearly filled with ore and corpses.

(Good job, Cruel Hunter.)

Jen said in a sarcastic tone.

'.....'

He was kinda grateful to her, if it weren't for her he would be dead after the fall or he would have broken once again, which he never wanted to experience again.

"Just wait for me, Eri…" he said, his voice filled with yearning.

He ransacked all the ores, even green glowstones were not spared. The labyrinth looked really terrifying in the darkness.

***

Leo stood in front of the stairs of the next floor, only darkness reflected in his heterochromatic eyes. There were no green glowstones here, giving him a creepy feeling.

"I was never good with horror," he whispered.

He held the lantern with his left hand, his right hand open to take care of any monster. He moved forward using his senses to the limits, glancing every now and then at the map. He was sure he would get ambushed.

(The Cruel Hunter became the prey.)

Jen laughed in his mind.

'Well someone is having fun today.'

He saw something moving ahead and goosebumps appeared on his body.

"I really don't want to be here."

He sensed something from the right and dodged. Moving his lantern quickly to the place, he saw a large grey lizard with its golden eyes shining menacingly in darkness.

He looked at his left hand slowly being petrified.

'Analyze'

[??]

Strength: 350

Vitality: 450

Defense: 400

Agility: 500

Magic: 350

Magic Defense: 350

Skills: [Petrification Eyes] [Night Vision] [Sense Presence]

He calmed down his heart and covered his hands in dark-red lightning. Closing the distance with supersonic step, he punched its head with his right hand. It was an insta-kill.

He quickly sprinkled Ambrosia on his arm and drank some to stop the petrification.

"[Minimap] won't work here, huh."

After killing another basilisk, he found a small and narrow cave. He took out a basilisk corpse and started to dismantle it. After cooking it, he ate the meat, still unable to digest its taste.

This time he didn't feel any pain.

[Level up]

['Night Vision' skill acquired]

['Petrification resistance' skill acquired]

['Sense Presence' skill acquired]

[Night Vision (Passive skill)]

Allows better vision in dark or night

[Petrification Resistance (Passive skill)]

Increases resistance to petrification

[Sense Presence (Passive skill)]

Allows the user to better understand the surroundings and sense presences in a radius of 10 meters radius.

'Just what I needed to get out of this place.'

He checked his status.

[Status] 

Name: Leo Evans

Title: [Behemoth Killer] [Cruel Hunter]

Race: Human-Monster Hybrid

Age: 17

Level: 19

Job: Berserker

Strength: 600

Vitality: 700

Defense: 650

Agility: 700

Magic: 1700 (Sealed)

Magic Defense: 1700

[Gale Claw]

Creates pressurized blades of wind or mana which attack nearby objects

His stats had reached to the next level after one-day training.

'How strong am I compared to Ehit's weakest servant?'

(Not even 10%)

He was dumbfounded hearing this, he had more than 600 points in strength and he was not even 10%.

'Then I just have to devour more monsters. I will devour every one of them here and go kick his ass. I'll devour him too.'

His lips morphed into a bloodthirsty expression.

(He is ugly.)

'Then forget it.'

He moved towards the stairs of the next floor and killed 5 more lizards in the process. He had collected every useful thing he could find in his inventory.

He descended the stairs to another floor.

93