V1.C18 Cyclops, Vampire Princess
5.6k 14 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Leo kicked the ground and bounded backward, prepared to run if an absurdly strong monster appeared.

Looking up, he caught sight of two statues struggling to break free from the tomb. They were huge, more than three meters with only one eye. It would be a comical sight if it weren't for the nearly 4 meters sword in their hands.

'Analyze'

[??]

Strength: 1200

Vitality: 1400

Defense: 1700 

Agility: 700

Magic: 1500

Magic Defense: 1200

Skills: [Diamond Skin]

'I'll call it Cyclops.'

He held the cursed sword and activated final breath, with a huge amount of mana focused on his legs, he shot upward like a bullet leaving a large crater on the ground.

Boom~

His attack hit and exploded one of Cyclops into meat pieces. The wall behind Cyclops was half pulverized by pure shockwave. He caught the mana crystal and landed back on the ground, his legs still a tad bit numb.

He drank some Ambrosia to recover the weakness from [Final Breath] and looked at his sword breaking down after the attack, it was a miracle it lasted so long here in the abyss.

'Thanks for all the help.'

He walked forward and picked up the huge sword of Cyclops.

'Analyze'

[Giant Sword]

Rank: S

A sword made from a compound of azantium and taur ore, focusing on pure destructive power.

Effects:

P. Atk +400

M. Atk 0

'Perfect weapon for destruction.'

It weighed nearly 500 kg but he waved it with ease and flashed a disdainful smirk at Cyclops.

The now freed Cyclops jumped down and roared at him.

Leo covered the distance with supersonic step and swung down the sword on Cyclops. It hurriedly raised the sword to block the attack. A deafening boom later, both sides stood their ground. The cyclops size and mass gave it an edge over Leo who was not even half of it but Leo had a 10% stats boost from the title [Behemoth Killer].

He freed his left hand from sword and shot a wind blade at its large eyes.

Roar~!!!

A burst of blood erupted from the single eye of Cyclops. The large sword in its thick arms waved around without any target, he dodged the attacks and retreated back.

Looking at the berserk monster coming, he completely hid his presence and moved to its back and pounced on its back. He slashed its defenseless back with double boost from [Cruel Hunter] and [Behemoth killer].

After a thin resistance, the sword tore the defense provided by diamond skin and dug through the thick muscles and crashed against its backbone.

"Argh!"

He yelled and applied more strength, the backbone of cyclops snapped and with it the life of cyclops ended.

He took out its mana crystal and kept the corpse in inventory. He went up to the door again and noticed two indents in it, the same size as Cyclops mana crystal. He brought one of them near the door, like a magnet the mana crystal was pulled inside the indent.

"Just what is here for someone to use two strong monsters to guard it?"

The mana crystals began to glow red. He used [Detect Mana] to see a huge amount of dark-red mana pouring into the magic circles from mana crystals.

Click~

A clicking noise was heard then the light faded slowly. A faint layer of mana covered the door and illuminated the place. His mouth opened wide at the light he hadn't seen for days.

He shook off the surprise and pushed open the door. What appeared in his sight was a pitch black hall. He could still see after enhancing his eyes with night vision.

The interior was made with finely crafted marble, two thick rows of pillars spaced out and extended all the way to the end. A cube of stone in the very center of the room, reflecting light coming from outside.

There was something sticking out from the stone, he focused mana on his eyes to check and nearly screamed in horror.

"... Who goes there?" a hoarse female voice called out to him.

What he saw was a girl buried from the neck down in the stone. Golden-blonde hair concealed her face, eyes as red as blood peeked out from the gaps of hair covering her face. She looked young, too young to be here. He became suspicious.

'Analyze'

[Aletea Galdea Vesperitio Avatarl]

Race: Vampire

Age: 323 Female

Level 55

Job: Divine Priestess

Strength: 50

Vitality: 150

Defense:50 

Agility: 80

Magic: 3970

Magic Defense: 4050

Skills: [Automatic Regeneration] [+Pain Dampener] [+Regeneration control] — [All Elemental Affinity] – [Spell Melding] — [Mana Manipulation] [+Mana Emission] [+Mana Compression] [+Remote Manipulation] [+Increased Efficiency] [+Ether Absorption] [+Body Strengthening] — [Image Composition] [+Increased Imagination] [+Multiple Spell Image Composition] [+Delayed Casting] — [Blood Conversion] [+Body Strengthening] [+Mana Conversion] [+Stamina Conversion] [+Mana Strengthening] [+Blood Oath] — [High speed Mana Recovery]

This was the first time he used [Analyze] on a human, no, a vampire and the result left him stunned.

'What the hell is with these skills? She is even more of a monster than me.'

'Jen, what should I do?'

The vampire girl had her eyes wide open, she never expected someone to reach here. A spark of hope flared up inside her long dead heart.

(Do what your heart says.)

"Please! … Help me!"

The girl shouted, her rough voice brought out a sense of pity inside him.

He couldn't ignore her now. So he walked closer and stood in front of her. His eyes locked in her empty eyes.

He couldn't help but ask, "Why are you here?"

"I… was betrayed..."

She only said these words but he could feel the sorrow and regret in her voice.

He shook his head. "I can help you but you are a vampire, a long extinct race. I still can't trust you when you can kill me easily with your strength."

"H-How do you know about that?" she asked in a panicked voice.

"I can see the status of other people, just a gift of mine."

"That is… impossible…" she said and coughed loudly.

He folded his arms in front of his chest, his lips twisted in a grin.

"You have [Automatic Regeneration], [Mana Manipulation] with 6 of its derivative skills, [Image Composition] and a dozen other skills."

She lowered her head with a gloomy expression. "You are… right."

He let out a sigh and plopped his butt on the ground.

"Go ahead and tell me your story. If you were betrayed then why did they seal you here?"

She closed her eyes, her brows furrowed in a helpless frown.

"I'm an atavistic vampire… I was granted great power from birth… because of it, I worked hard for my country… But one day my retainers said... I wasn't needed anymore…. So Uncle became the king… I was fine with that… My power was a threat to them… They couldn't kill me… So they sealed me here."

She talked slowly, her voice becoming more hoarse after every word.

Leo looked in her eyes full of sadness and despair.

"So you are a Former Vampire Queen and current Vampire Princess?"

Aletea nodded her head to acknowledge.

"Why can't you die? Automatic Regeneration?"

"Injuries heal immediately... Even if decapitated."

Leo flinched at her words, this girl was basically an immortal. But the pain she had to go through would be unimagina— no, he himself had experienced far more inhumane pain.

"Please help me…"

Leo weighed his options, if he helps her he could ask her to teach him magic. There is a chance of being betrayed. Or he can just ignore her and walk back.

The more time he took in deciding, the more grim Aletia’s face became. 

After a long discussion with himself, he came to a decision. He stood and looked at her pale face and opened his mouth.

"I…"

100