CH. 5 – Planetary Reversal
77 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Which hero school should the MC go to?
  • U.A. (Best East) Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Isamu Academy (Visitation to the U.A. after Sports Fest) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ketsubutsu Academy (U.A's rival) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shiketsu (Best West, disciplined) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MC creates a hero school Votes: 3 75.0%
Total voters: 4

I still need to do school for another three years before U.A. Ugh. Maybe I'll go to another hero school. Or maybe I'll make a new one. My parents have the resources to build one. I can contribute by raising an entire island to make it a school version of I-Island. Eh, I'll put that thought on the back burner.

Now, these are the events before I acquired my sidekick. The six years I was bored to death at school. So I did what I'm best at when bored to death: trolling the entire Earth!

Anyway, my first time trolling the entire Earth was... rotating the earth back by eight hours! Yup! You heard that right! I rotated the Earth back by eight hours. Imagine the surprise on everyone's faces. Hah. I want to do that again, except this time, fast-forward Earth's rotation by eight hours.

It all started when I stole a box of limited edition All Might golden age figurines straight from the factory. I had played with the heroes that chased me so much that I forgot the time. When I reached my bed and closed my eyes, the alarm rang and jolted my eyelids. I crushed the alarm into dust and went back to sleep.

That was until a maid came inside and shook me awake. I didn't want to be awake yet, of course, so I strapped her to the ceiling. The last intrusion was from his pet mother. "Eight more hours," I answered her.

"You have school, honey," voiced his pet.

"It's still night, mom!" I answered. I used my palm and imagined that I grabbed a ball, the ball being the Earth, and rotated it clockwise. I kept rotating it as my bedroom plunged into darkness and stopped when a light came through the window. I rotated it counter-clockwise until it was all dark again before going back to sleep.

She looked outside the window and realized that it was still nighttime. "Ah. Uh. So it is. Have a good night, Hiro," she said, kissing her son in the forehead.

"Night," I said before falling into Morpheus's embrace.

Why didn't I just pause time instead of the harder way of rotating the entire planet? Well, for one, I was sleepy and only had a fraction of a brain cell that had woken up with me. Two, because I'm not a morning person, I need at least thirty to sixty minutes to fully wake up, sooner if I had my coffee. Three, I was so tired from playing villain that I forgot I could stop time to indulge in sleep.

The others weren't appreciative of what I did, though they didn't even know I did it. An emergency warning flared all over the globe, telling them to stay indoors until further notice. News channels covered about the irregular spin reversal of the Earth.

It's not like it was a big deal. The Earth spun wrong, so what? I can fix it later if I wanted to. I even made sure its inhabitants weren't affected or flung into space. See? I care about them.

When I woke up, it was 5 in the morning, by my estimation. I got in front of the TV in the mansion's living room and was about to watch my favorite cartoon channel. I pressed the remote to that channel and watched whatever cartoon was on.

Only it wasn't the cartoons I expected, but a news channel reporting live about some Earth incident. I changed it to an anime channel to find it the same. Then to a comedy channel, the same. What is a guy gotta do to watch some good broadcasts these days!? Because the live news was on all channel, might as well watch what it was all about.

"We are now speaking with a geologist expert on the why's the Earth had a sudden temporary reversal on its rotation," the news broadcaster spoke.

"The reversal of Earth's spin was deemed improbable by us without any human hands. Nature and physics don't work like that," the expert said. "Even if it were artificially induced, the energy to reverse the Earth's spin would be astronomical."

The news anchor asked a question: "It's improbable, but it did happen; do the experts happen to know the answer?"

The expert replied with his inner conspiracy theorist at the front, "It is very likely the doing of a gravitational wave quirk. If they did use their quirk, the backlash would be so great that they condensed themselves into a black hole before it collapsed as the quirk user is no more." The experts didn't have any tangible explanation for it.

"… Okay. How would this effect Earth?" asked the news anchor.

"Every clock is off by 9 hours, 44 minutes, and 31 seconds; every animal and human needs to adapt their circadian rhythm, readjust our calendar, and more! The list will be posted on I-Island's website." Alright, so maybe not eight hours, but I have to admit, it was pretty close—by nearly two hours.

"You said that the Earth's temporary reversal could be caused by a quirk user; has the quirk user been identified?" said the news anchor.

"Well, no, but we put all our effort into finding the cause or person of the temporary reversal, and until we do—" I turn off the flat-screen. Has that news aired live since... eleven-ish hours ago? Wow, they need to get a move on.

I checked my phone for any messages from my ears—peers. The group without any teacher that I had set up (because his 6-year-old-ish classmates don't know how to make one) was celebrating no school this week. The reason? To acclimate us to the new time. Adults don't get such luxuries. Although they got a day off, they still have to go to work the next day at the new time.

The world is searching for the cause at large, but they'll never know it was me who did it. My mother and the maid, I stuck to the ceiling, might. However, a mind-whammy took care of that.

Anyway, the immersive driving simulation device I bought arrived! I can now drive recklessly from the top of a mountain. I can already do that IRL; just get into a car in my garage, teleport to a mountain top, and drive as I please. Meh, I'll let Momo play the driving sim. I opened the shopping app and bought a motorcycle simulation device. I'll buy the airplane one after that.

1