Chapter 9
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ei'en, the jewel of the continent. Ei'en was so immense that parts of the city had slightly different weather conditions due to it wrapping part way around the edge of the mountain. The capital rested near the southern areas of the continent causing it to receive heavy rains and be extremely humid.

Atop the city's zenith loomed the Imperial palace, the pinnacle of architectural magnificence in Kuro. Referred to by some as the Imperial City, it was divided from the rest of Ei'en's expanse by walls slightly less towering than those defining the city's outer perimeters.

The palace was made of the traditional architecture of the region and had black tiled roofs. The palace had 4 constantly running water chuts that poured into four canals and ran the entire length of the city. Each of the chuts was fed by a redirected mountain stream. The representation of this design was clear. It told the people from where their prosperity and wealth came from.

A figure stood stoically on one of the palace's balconies, overseeing Ei'en with an air of authority that commanded attention. Within his gaze lay the bustling throngs of everyday citizens. It was this man who guided and ruled the empire in all, but name.

"The citizens of our empire are not merely subjects but souls entrusted to our care and provision,” the man stated sternly, “It is the obligation of nobility to safeguard and nurture. While many forsake this duty, exploiting the populace for their own gains, we must not succumb to such moral decay... do you grasp this?"

Crown Prince Ryohei who starred as a young boy who was merely fourteen years old, but resembled the Crown Prince quite a lot. Both had square jaws that came to a subtle point at their chins. Their eyes were a light brown and both had hawkish brows. Ryohei however looked to be a forty something year old man with a tint of white hairs on his head occasionally. If he were to color his hair one would have guessed significantly younger perhaps a man in his early thirties

Walking over to the young boy, Ryohei put his hand on his shoulder. “The selection ceremony is of vital importance son. All your older siblings were blessed with talent and will try to gain the attention of your grandfather once he comes out of his secluded meditations.”

The young boy looked up at his father who could see the fires of determination in his eyes. Giving Ryohei a faint smile his youngest son was always trying to keep up with his older siblings.

"'Are you prepared?' Ryohei inquired.

"Father, I shall not falter. I will earn the favor of a major god,” the boy asserted his gaze unwavering with determination.

Ryohei's smile widened. “Excellent. Do not falter. Now, go! Arrive early at the academy."

As the boy left Ryohei saw his fists clenched; he knew that his son understood the importance of the Imperial family maintaining an image of being blessed by the powerful gods of the Imperial pantheon specifically, now if he also succeeded in doing so, he would secure his place as the heir to the empire for another hundred years.

2