Chapter 15
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ezio waited in the large circular room along with the other disciples who had passed. He observed all of the new inner court disciples carefully that came in. Anyone of them could potentially be a threat or a rival in the future. Watching for a couple minutes he was quite happy the rude girl had not made it through. Served her right for what she said to him. He liked to imagine what she would say to him if she found out who his father was. There was little doubt in his mind that she would have a complete and hypocritical change in attitude suddenly trying to win his favor to which he would righteously ignore her.

Just as Ezio was about to leave his spot leaning against the pillar to look around one of the testing room doors opened and from behind it came the rude blue eyed girl and his head immediately began to pound against his skull giving him an instant headache just thinking about the fact that girl had made it through. He really disliked her. He had never met someone so disagreeable. Considering her status she should try much more to be cordial with people so they would see their initial impressions of her eye color were mistaken. Choosing to ignore her, Ezio left to speak with some of the other disciples as they waited for their briefing from Grandmaster Zhou.

The briefing was quick and to the point which Ezi appreciated. Making his way to the first area where all the newly blessed inner court disciples would wait to be tested to determine which masters would seek to teach them. Ezio had no qualms about the fact that he was privileged and treated differently considering his background, but many would consider it wrong to use that privilege. His father always told him he disagreed with that mentality. ‘The point of past generations fighting for future generations is that they had shoulders they could stand on to reach greater heights. It all depended on attitude. Attitude was vital.’ he would say.

The fact that he was talented enough to be blessed by the Phoenix god of rebirth was enough to allow him to be confident and prideful. Few deities had as many followers or sheer influence as Saisei which only proved he was cut from a different cloth than most the other students here. This wasn’t him being smug, but just accepting reality. This was a world where strength mattered most; it was a fact of life.

Ezio made his way up towards where the Elders would be selecting their disciples. The area was an open field just beyond the small wall that separated the outer court with the inner court. As he approached he couldn’t help, but notice the hateful glares coming from around him. “What are their problems?” He said out loud to himself. Though he kept an uncaring expression he was still curious as to who was giving him that look.

“They don't’ like you.” Besides him a young black haired youth with long shoulder length hair with the top portion put into a hair clasp that rested on the top of his head. The youth crossed his arms over his chest as he stood beside Ezio “you came in here after not being in the outer court at all and they feel that you put no work in to get into the inner court. They feel the same way about any of the children from high ranking officials.

Turning to the young man to get a clearer image of him the youth couldn't have been older than his own age, his face had a noble hawk-like feature that made him look older than he was, but the hints of youthfulness gave him away.

Holding out his hand towards Ezio he smiled. “My name is Sun Yun it is nice to meet the youngest son of the crown prince.”

Grasping his hand Ezio gave a nod “Sun Yun huh? You must be the youngest child of grand general Sun Shuren. It is a pleasure it seems that we are likely the most prestigious of the new disciples.”

With a smirk he responded, “Yes…It would seem. I always expected to be under a watchful eye, but now I feel like you may take some of the pressure off me. So allow me to thank you in advance, young prince.” Stepping away he gave Ezio a small bow.

Ezio nodded, his smile growing slightly Sun Yun’s humor was his style. Blunt and witty. He had seen Sun Yun from a distance before, but had never formally introduced himself even though he knew their fathers were close confidants and dared to suggest they were even friends which was a rare luxury to have for nobles.

Several moments passed before Ezio broke the silence. “So what deity did you receive a blessing from?” He asked curiously.

“Iarae, goddess of dusk.” He said without any hesitation.

“...Huh?!? *gak*” Ezio coughed as he was caught off guard “wait… isn’t Iarae the goddess that only accepts females into her familia?”

“Well yes, but apparently she took a liking to me so she accepted me as her first and allegedly only male in her familia.” Sun Yun smiled, his eyes glazed over with a hint of admiration.

Ezio couldn’t believe his ears. Surely this guy was some sort of player who would take advantage of all the females in his goddesses familia. Why else would he even try to join that familia?

“Well err… good luck! I will see you around.” Ezio moved away swiftly towards the front of the crowd trying to get a more clear view of the Elders up ahead and to not associate too much with Sun Yun whom he was certain was a pervert.

1