4. The Truth
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple -Oscar Wilde-



After once again walking down so many halls past so many rooms that my head starts to hurt again, doubt starts to form in my mind. There’s no way that only two people live here that’s impossible.  

“Shiro this place is like a maze!” Starting to feel angry I can’t help but start ranting “How is a person expected not to get lost in this place?!” “What do I do if I need to go to the bathroom at night, I might not even make it out of my room?!” “This is ridiculous!” 

“Pfff” So lost in my anger I hadn’t noticed shiro and Aki turning to look at me as soon as I stopped walking relieved expressions on their face. Looking up at them Shiro has his arms crossed over his chest looking at me with a very soft expression while Aki is covering his mouth stifling his laughter. 

Cheeks burning I avoid their eyes as I awkwardly shift on my feet. “It’s not that I’m not grateful But….the house is honestly too big” 

Aki chuckles nudging Shiro raising his chin in my direction “So shiro don’t you think now is a good time to tell him about them?” Shiro seemed to break out of a trance making his way over to me, smiling as he pats my head “Well you’re right about the house being too big It’s still too big even for seven people but now that there’s eight of us I hope that’ll help with the emptiness.  

Not believing what I just heard I turn my head towards Aki for confirmation. 

Aki is running his hand along his face in frustration as he heaves a big sigh.

 Looking at me he lets his hand fall to his side as he nods. 

A huge silence seems to engulf the whole house as we stand in the hall staring at one another. Time seems to stand still as I try to wrap my head around the new information I was given. The silence continued until our stomachs couldn’t take the hunger anymore and roared protesting to be fed, causing laughter to spill out of our mouths. Looking at each other we all decided to leave the discussion for a later time or at least until we’ve finished eating. 

Walking to the kitchen Aki slowed down his pace so that we were side by side “You don’t have to be embarrassed we were worried about you.”

Puzzled I pointed at my face “Worried? About me? Why?” Walking in front of us Shiro also slowed down his pace so that he was walking beside me. “We were worried because you never once complained even when you saw the outside of the house and we know you had your doubts but you never tried to express them. 

Chuckling Aki ruffled my hair 

“Yeah even though we could easily tell because everything was written on your face” 

Holding my burning cheeks in my palm’s I look down at my feet mumbling “You guys have been so nice to me I didn’t want to complain.” 

“It wouldn’t have been complaining, it's just a matter of sharing your opinion Sai.”

“Yeah, Shiro’s right there’s a difference between complaining and just speaking your mind there’s no need to feel like you need to hold your tongue.” 

Nodding my head I grab both of their hand in mine “Ill try”

Reaching a wood-carved door we stop walking. Swinging both of our arms Aki chuckles “That’s the spirit Sai besides if you don’t learn how to yell over people you won’t be able to survive long in this house.”Wide-eyed I turn to look at Aki “What d------

Opening the door to the kitchen a loud crashing noise echoed through the house followed by cursing. 

 

A soothing masculine voice could be heard whispering “Shiro is going to kill us” 

 

Another masculine voice filled with anger sounded “I TOLD YOU TO BE CAREFUL YOU IDIOT!” 

 

Another  angry masculine voice yelled back “I BARELY F*CKING TOUCHED IT!”

 

An irritated Female voice could be heard “Geez guys it was supposed to be a surprise that we all finished our mission early, Quiet down.” 

 

Another soft female voice could be heard sighing “Sara I told you these idiots would mess it up.” 

 

The door to the room was pushed open and everything went silent as everyone turned their heads to face I Shiro and Aki’s direction. Looking at the people in the room there were three men and two females. The men were in the middle of picking up a large empty pot that was knocked to the floor. 

The man that was in the process of lifting the large pot on the floor was pale with a faint blue undertone to his skin making it more noticeable was his dark blue hair that looked almost black along with pitch-black eyes like the ocean with a storm brewing in them. Wearing long floor-length blue and black clothes in the style that Aki called hanfu.

 The man in front of the Blue haired man was holding more pots on top of the counter trying to keep them from toppling like the one on the floor had. Stunned I stared at the slightly tan man with light fluffy pink hair and brown eyes that had red specks seemingly floating around, he was wearing similar clothes as Shiro when I had first met him, A white button-up shirt that was tucked into black pants a black vest with silver details, and black boots that went up to his knees but the most eye-catching thing about this man was the sword he held in a black leather sword belt the hilt of the sword as well as the scabbard encrusted with red gems.

Behind them also holding a pot was a pale man his skin almost looking translucent in the light with golden pupils hidden by long bangs his long dark green hair pulled up into a long ponytail, wearing a black long-sleeved loose top that cut off a little before his waist with what seemed to be a sheer black fabric under the shirt exposing defined abs, black pants that tucked into his black boots at the knees. 

The two girls were in the middle of walking over to help. One of the girls was pale with long straight raven black hair parted in the middle giving a clear view of her mesmerizing purple eyes, her clothes consisted of a blue long-sleeved shirt with frilly sleeves and a purple ribbon around her neck with a round purple pin in the middle, a dark purple and black plaid skirt that reaches just above her, knee-high leggings and black and white shoes with a large buckle at the front. 

The other girl was about to help the pink-haired man with the pots and was about to move one aside. She had wavy blond hair tied up with a red hair tie, her hair parted at the front with two long strands of hair on either side of her face. She was wearing a white blouse with all the buttons undone, a black shirt underneath, sleeves rolled up to her elbows, Brown and black checkered pants and black running shoes.

Visibly shaken by Shiro’s abrupt appearance they all started to panic rushing to explain what occurred before Shiro had walked in. 

 

The blue-haired man pointed his finger at the pink-haired man without hesitation “Shin knocked over the pots”  

 

Putting on an expression as if he’d been wronged the pink-haired man shin spoke to his defense “I didn’t knock them over they fell when I walked past.” 

 

The black-haired girl spoke softly “That’s because you bumped into them as you walked past.” 

 

Shin looked at the black-haired girl complaining “Yuma I thought you would be on my side on this!” 

 

The blond-haired girl walked over and stood next to Yuma “And why would you think that? We saw your elbow bump into the pot's shin.” waving her finger at Shin, she chuckled. 

 

Dramatically sighing shin looked at the blond-haired girl “Wow, you too sara that’s so cold of you.” 

 

Turning on his heels to point at the golden-eyed man he sighed “What about you kage are you going to rat me out just like Ryu did?” The golden-eyed man Kage hesitated for a moment before nodding his head. 

 

Mouth agape Shin mumbled, “I live with wolves in sheep’s clothing as soon as they get the opportunity they just bite into you.”

 

Heaving a heavy sigh, Shiro looked around at the messy kitchen “What did you guys do?’ 

 

Everyone looked around avoiding each other’s gaze sighing Sara stepped up “We got home from our mission early and thought we would like to surprise you with dinner…… as you can see it didn’t go as planned.” 

Pushing past Shiro, Aki looks around the room and starts to laugh “AHah are you guys, idiots, what were you guys even thinking none of you can cook.” 

All of the people that were minutes ago acting like they couldn’t hear anything turned to glare at Aki. 

Sweating nervously, Aki hid behind Shiro ``wow there calm down I was just saying!” mumbling Aki held Shiro’s shoulder “If looks could kill I’d be dead a hundred times over already” 

Pulling Aki’s arm to get his attention I noticed a slight shift in the air as everyone noticed me. 

Looking down at me Aki grabbed me and held me in his arms apologizing “Ah sorry Little one we got to caught up with these idiots and forgot about you for a second, You must be hungry huh?” At the mention of food, everyone’s stomach decided to protest. 

Cheeks burning everyone started to scatter.

Aki walked to a large archway to the right of the kitchen door where he sat me down at a large fancy dining room table that can seat up to around twenty people. In the seat I was seated at one could see the entire kitchen and most of the dining room. 

Sara went to get the two pots of ramen on the stove and handed one to Aki while Yuma handed plates and silverware to Ryu and Shin, Kage was in the corner talking with shiro as they got the drinks out of the fridge. Watching as everyone busied themselves I felt a warmth in the empty place in my heart. A warmth called Family slowly filled up the emptiness inside me that I never knew I had. 

As everyone came into the room they were startled to find Sai with tears streaming down his face having a difficult time breathing. Worried everyone came over to him in a rush. 

Sara walked over and knelt near the chair  “Does something hurt?” 

 

Yuma was behind Sara slightly leaning forward “If something hurts just point where it hurts ok?” 

 

Shin nodded his head “That’s right It’s ok well help you.” 

 

Kage was behind the chair rubbing my head “Is it very painful?”

 

Ryu was standing next to Kage “Shiro we should call a doctor.”

 

Aki was already running out of the room “I'll go find Grandpa Shu”

 

Shiro threw a white glass key that looked like clouds were forming on the inside at Aki “You’ll need this” 

 

As my vision goes black, I hear Shiro’s voice “Take him to his room upstairs, it's already ready for him.”

 

 In my unconscious haze it starts pitch black then suddenly I see a white orb. The white orb seems to be shaking as I hear a girl’s voice talking to me. Her voice panicked but I can’t seem to hear her. 

“H-s-t  -uo ne-d  to r-n t-h-y   l-ed!!” The white ball seems to at some point turned into a young girl with long blue hair and white eyes, blue runes glowing in her eyes and on her body wearing a simple white dress and no shoes, as she pulls me to run a rift seems to open. She goes to pass through the rift with me when she suddenly yells out in pain. Startled I turn trying to grab her but as I look back I can see another rift behind a man wearing a full face black mask and black clothes with the visible skin covered in red runes, her pain coming from her hair violently being pulled as the man drags her away from me. 

Falling the last thing I hear is the girl’s screams and the man’s rough and haggard voice “Did you actually think you could save him, a puny little ****** like you ``''Our creator, will just give him an even crueler fate all thanks to you. His horrible laughter fills my ears as I fall.

Waking up drenched in sweat I look around the darkroom. The only light source is a moon-shaped lamp next to the bed, its silver glow reflecting off of the furniture casting shadows throughout the room. Looking down at my hands I begin to remember my dream. Those were not my hands……..My hands are pale and scared but the man’s hands in my dream are soft yet muscular tanned and have calluses on the inner part of his thumb and fingers. Looking around I decided to just lay back down in bed, looking at the ceiling I start to feel drowsy again slowly sinking back into sleep. There is no dream this time.

 

End of Sais POV

Peaking into Sai’s room to see him asleep I walk back down the large staircase. Aki is talking to Grandpa Shu a medical doctor from Ancient times known as the miracle doctor as for why he’s called Grampa Shu, well he’s immortal considering how he’s five hundred and sixty-three but looks no older than forty although I call him just Shu after all, I met him when he was quite young.

Seeing me coming down the stairs, Aki asks “So how’s Sai, Is he sleeping?” Nodding I turn to Shu cupping my hands together as I bow deeply. With a disapproving look on his face, Shu grabs my arms forcing me to stand straight “There’s no need for that, me and you have been old friends for decades now, Just make sure to take care of that poor child that you picked up.” 

Nodding I ask “Shu how is that child?”

Shaking his head and sighing deeply giving me a helpless look “I say, old friend, you sure do have a very particular eye huh? This child just like the other six is cursed to live a cruel fate over and over again spanning into his next lives. Unfortunately once again I cannot see when the vicious cycle will end nor what caused it.” “He’s running a slight fever and passed out from the pain in his chest but that’s just the effect of the curse being broken since you interfered in his fate.

“F*ck” overcome by anger Aki punches the wall next to him the force of the impact causing his hand to start bleeding. 

 

Shu rushes over and smacks him in the head “Are you an idiot why hurt yourself out of anger!” “Tch children these days don’t know the importance of self-control” Aki looks down at Shu treating his wound “Sorry grandpa Shu,”

 

 Looking up Shu’s eyes softened “Aya what to do I can’t be mad at my grandchild now can I, seeing you six grow up I can understand where the anger is coming from. Leaning closer to Aki Shu whispered something making Aki hang his head in shame.

 Ruffling Aki’s hair, Shu turns to me “well old friend I think it’s about time I head back no need to escort me I know you’re busy at the moment. With that said Shu disappears into a puff of smoke. 

Looking up at the sky through the large skylight I take a deep breath. 

“Shiro…... I’m sorry.” looking away from the skylight my eyes fall on Aki’s silver hair as it seems to glow under the light out of the corner of my eye I see something white flash next to Aki looking back up at his head I can see his silver ears drooping.

 “Look at you, your ears and tail came out Aki” chuckling I drew Aki into a hug. What's got you so upset that you couldn’t control your ears and tail huh? Resting his head on my shoulder Aki’s voice cracks “I-- I let my anger get the best of me even though I know you’re the one that's always hurt the most when things like this happen.” sighing I tighten the hug “It’s ok Aki you have nothing to apologize for its natural to be angry. Mumbling Aki buried deeper into my arms. 

After a couple of minutes, Aki looks up, his ears and tail gone. “Better?” nodding Aki lets go “Better” “Alright well then let’s go. The rest of the kids are waiting in the Study.” As we walk in Everyone has already made themselves comfortable. 

Sara is the first to speak up. “So? What did Grandpa Shu say? How is he?” Making my way towards my black velvet chair I sit down. Looking around I mentally prepare myself before I begin to speak slowly I open my mouth “Shu said that he is under the same curse you guys are…..or were under.” As if on cue complaints and curse words could be heard. 

 

“This is F*cking ridiculous!”   

 

 “That's too much, What the f*ck!”   

 

“The Poor Kid” 

 

 “This is f*cking stupid I swear---”  

 

“He must have been lonely”  

 

Aki spoke up waving his hand’s “Guys calm down there’s more” 

 

All five of the people looked like they’d been shocked flinching. Seemingly in a trance, they all murmured “Right there always has to be more.”

Waiting for them to settle down I looked around at the sad faces of everyone present. Sighing I tapped my finger on the desk “Do you want to hear his story or not If not-----”

“No, we do” Yuma with a determined look in her eyes Spoke up in a slightly loud voice “We want to know so that we can help him and avoid things that could hurt him!” 

Shocked that Yuma raised her voice we all chuckled. “Wow, Yuma, that's the first time we’ve heard you raise your voice” Blushing Yuma slowly sat back down in her Purple velvet chair “Sorry…..I just really do want to help him.”

 “Awww and it’s back to whispering” Glaring at Shin Yuma pouted her lips refusing to say another word. “I’m just kidding Yuma. We know you try your best” Looking at shin Yuma then turning to look at shiro 

Yuma spoke up once more,  “Shiro, can you tell us?” nodding I called out “Blue Wing the reports” slowly appearing out of the shadows was a man wearing all black with a mask covering the lower half of his face short blue hair and blue eyes holding a sealed folder in his hands. Bowing slightly while handing me the folder he then turns and bows to Kage before disappearing back into the shadows. 

 

Opening the folder I look over the contents quickly before speaking up. 

 

“Sai’s world is less developed loosely set in something resembling the victorian era. In his world vampires exist although in this case vampire is a loose term because they don’t actually suck blood but instead feed on negative emotions and or negative thoughts, the reason that Sai’s parents thought that sai was a vampire was because Sai was born a blessed child or a so-called chosen child of God.

 Bearing light-colored hair and light-colored eyes But at his fourth birthday banquet  Sai’s hair turned black and his eyes turned red and the reason word spread so far is because at the time sai’s family was a well renown wealthy family and leading up to Sai’s birthday they filled their mansion with white roses.” 

 

Sara slightly raised her hand “Wait I have a question why White roses. why not just use normal roses?”    

 

Looking at her I nod “Mmm good question apparently red roses don’t exist naturally in Sai’s world. Meaning they could artificially create red flowers but because of a stigma around red roses and just the color red in general, they say red is against God’s will and condemn it.

 

Looking confused Yuma raised her hand “Even though they have red blood?” 

 

Chuckling Shiro nodded “It seems like a huge plot hole doesn’t it?”

 

Ryu adjusted himself in his chair as an ironic smile came onto his face ‘Well I’m not surprised everyone in my world seemed to have a pit in their brain.”

 

Chuckling we all agreed with Ryu

 

Sara turned to look at me “Ah sorry Shiro go on”

 

Nodding I continued speaking. “ So to provide more security and to flaunt their wealth, Sai's parents planted white roses everywhere and put white roses everywhere inside the house as well. And so on Sai’s birthday while he was supposed to give a small speech of thanks the white roses started to turn red and his hair and eye color also changed along with the roses causing mass panic” 

 

Shaking his head, Shin asked, “So what was the real reason for the reaction?” 

 

“The real reason for the roses turning red is that there were too many negative emotions in one place Interestingly enough Vampires after getting full-on negative emotions can use flowers more specifically roses to act as a sort of container of sorts and by doing so the roses turn red, even more, interesting is how the whole, They suck blood rumor came to be it's actually because vampires need to eat the rose to absorb the energy I don’t know about you but I tried biting a rose once and it was not edible at all and that sentiment was also felt by these vampires so that's when the idea of rose tea or rose juice or you know rose liquid which would most definitely come out red, caused a misunderstanding.  

 

Waving his hand in the air Ryu looked annoyed as he asked: “Then why did those stupid people believe roses turned red when there was a vampire involved?”

 

As for why It’s because unless a vampire train’s the roses they really wouldn’t react to negative emotions because plants would absorb it like if it was sunlight process it and release good emotions but vampires can instead redirect the negative emotions and double the good energy that gets released into the air so vampires are large roses or plants and are good for the planet, unfortunately, they’re severely misunderstood. As for Sai’s abrupt change, it's because there was a strong killing intent directed at him and so he started to absorb it, got full and so instinctively asked the roses for help. But before the banquet, his hair had already started to slowly lose its white luster and was turning a dull light gray. Usually, it wouldn't have such a drastic change. If his parents hadn’t gone insane and had just let him slowly detoxify then his white hair and blue eyes would have been possible to recover in a matter of days but now it’ll probably take him decades to recover. 

A heavy silence filled the room, no one felt like talking sitting in the room and staring into space each person lost in their thoughts.

 

 Looking up suddenly Ryu turned to me “Shiro what would have happened to Sai had you not found him?” Startled everyone turned to look at Ryu conflicting emotions in their eyes. 

 

Wrinkling my eyebrows “I'm not su-- “ Cutting me off mid-sentence is a light and playful female voice 

 

Its ok Shiro I’ll answer that question 

 

Turning towards the direction of the voice we see a woman with tan skin, Light coral colored wavy hair styled in a long braid with a golden headpiece with two large golden flowers one either side of her head. Her shirt is sleeveless with a deep v-shaped plunge in the neckline the shirt cutting off at just above her waist. Followed by a long flowing skirt that reaches her ankle also adorned with a golden belt and three large golden flowers matching her headpiece. As she walks the vibrant dark red-colored clothes seem to fade into a light red color then quickly disappear much like a mirage. On her feet, she wears dark brown sandals tied up to her ankles. 

 

Sighing of relief I smile “Juno you came just in time”

 

Walking over to sit next to my chair Juno smiles her golden-eyes sparkling.

If you want to know what Sai’s fate would have been if shiro hadn’t interfered I'll tell you but as you know it will most likely end very badly so prepare yourselves” 

Reaching her hand into the air Juno pulls a crystal ball out of what seems like thin air, looking towards me she points at my desk. “Shiro get a pen and paper ready and as always please write everything I say down” 

Nodding I take several pieces of paper out of my desk after stacking the papers up and grabbing my pen I look at Juno “I’m ready you can start now.” 

Clapping her hands together Junon looks around explaining “Ah before we start Sai’s name, since shiro isn’t involved will be the name his parents gifted him at birth. Hence I will be referring to him as Albert Lefae” Nodding in understanding we all stare at Juno.

 

Junon sits in the chair with her eyes closed, legs crossed while holding the crystal ball on her lap. Taking a deep breath she starts to speak in a deep voice.

 

”Albert Lefae born to Aria and Samuel Lefae a powerful wealthy family living a life envied by many. Born with white hair and light blue eyes Albert was rumored to be the strongest messenger of God But at the age of four instead of a messenger of god they labeled him cursed due to the fact his hair and eyes turned black and red. His parents out of fear locked him up. 

At the age of fourteen, Albert learned he had a younger brother also at fourteen his younger brother helped him escape, only for Albert to be caught by human traffickers perhaps by luck he managed to escape being rescued by mercenaries where he spent five years traveling with them. 

At the age of nineteen, he decided to go back to find his brother Adio. Unfortunately by the time Albert got back to RoseFront,  his family had lost all their wealth only left with their mansion being that it was a gift from the king of their country as thanks to Alerts father for fighting in the war as his right-hand man.

 Learning about Adio’s unfortunate suicide Albert descended into madness going on a murdering spree. The first victims, of course, being his parents then he moved onto one of Adios friend’s named Edward Velot no one seemed to know why then rumors started to spread that Albert not only murdered his parents but most likely also murdered Adio. 

Slowly the rumor was turned into truth by the public. Albert, having nowhere to go joined a clan of vampires named Red Rose. As Albert rose in ranks managing to get a high position in  Red Rose, Changes were occurring in the outside world and without his knowledge, the whole word now considered Albert the Vampire king. In addition to that Edwards’s younger sister was granted the title vampire slayer and was assigned to the task of assisting a man from the church that in recent years was beginning to be known as “The only messenger of God” to hunt down and kill Albert. 

On the day of Alberts Twenty-second birthday party, the church made its first attack towards the vampires. This event would later be known in history as the First Inquisition. 

As the only high ranking vampire in the building, Albert had the responsibility of leading everyone to safety. Thanks to Albert’s quick thinking and yelling a command to escape the Red Rose only lost 50 vampires while the church lost 80 priests. 

Unfortunately for Albert as soon as he issued the command all the priests watched and relayed a video to the church of all of the vampires retreating at his command. This only served as proof that Albert was, in fact, the vampire king. With solid proof, every country sent their best vampire hunters to go and kill Albert who was now known to the whole world as the vampire king. 

Albert realizing the situation started a war with the church fighting back viciously. Two years into the war Albert was cornered and killed by the man known as “The only messenger of God” 

Albert died in an enormous throne room all alone a sword stabbed through his heart looking at the man that killed him, Albert, slowly started to laugh his manic laughter getting louder with every passing minute, now and again he would cough up blood while having his laughing fit. Slowly his voice was no longer heard throughout the halls of the Red Rose’s hideout.

Edwards’s sister married “God’s only messenger” successfully getting revenge for her older brother while “God’s only messenger” was promoted to the highest position in the church. 

After Albert died the man known as “The only messenger of God” much to everyone’s displeasure and surprise made the old Red Rose headquarters his palace.  

Legend says if you go to the throne room he died in at night you can still hear Albert’s laughter.        

 

Juno opened her black eyes that seemed to have blue runes in then abruptly her eyes changed back into her usual golden pupils wiping the tears constantly falling her face. She looked around

Sara and Yuma were quietly sobbing as they hugged while Shin, although crying, was trying to Comfort the also crying Kage.

Aki was standing next to me holding my hand holding back his tears. Ryu sitting in his chair was balled up staring into space. 

None of us know for how long we sat there in complete silence until the sound of the clock chiming signaling it was midnight bringing us back from our thoughts.

Getting up from my chair I clap my hands “Ok, everyone, we should head to bed and wake up early to surprise Sai with breakfast in bed”  Everyone agreed and started to head upstairs everyone decided they wanted to sleep in the same room and headed to the room at the very end of the hall with a special sized bed that fits up to twenty people. Chuckling I call out “Goodnight everyone”

 “Goodnight Shiro, Juno.” 

“We expect you to still be here in the morning Juno”

“Don’t go to sleep too late.”  

“Juno don’t leave” 

“Yeah Juno spend the night”  

Chuckling Juno replies “Of course I’ll stay, their free food involved after all!” 

Laughing they waved and closed the door with a rainbow painted on the middle of the door. Silence fills the house once more. 

 

“Juno…….”   

“mmm?”   

“Do you want to see the papers of the vision you just had?”

“Judging by the fact that everyone was crying I'd rather not to be honest” 

Turning to look at Juno my heart starts to hurt voice cracking I apologize “Juno I--”

“Ahhh Stopppp don’t say it!” putting her hand on her hip Junon leans closer to me There’s nothing you have to apologize for Shiro. Yes, I see some messed up stuff but as soon as I finish describing the vision I forget everything I saw So don’t worry….I’m ok Shiro.

If anything I’m more worried about you. Sighing she pulls me into a tight hug “You’re upset yet you pretend not to be and today it’s even worse because you’re upset at two different things. Stroking my hair she continues “Now I know one of the reasons is the child called Sai but the other is hmmm let me guess…… You didn’t find any traces of your soulmate in Sai’s world, Did you? 

Shaking my head I slightly pull away from Juno so that we’re face to face. “Jasper found some traces of my soulmate.”

Widening her eyes, Juno bubbles with excitement as she swings us around. “That’s wonderful Shiro it's been almost a month since we could find traces of them” pausing she looks at me her eyebrow arched “Wait then why are you upset Shiro it's good news isn’t it?” 

Frustrated I feel my nose start to burn and my vision starts to blur. Startled Juno pulls out a tissue out of thin air, wiping my tears she sighs “What inconsistency did you find this time?” 

Leaning my head on her shoulder I mumble “Jasper said that his father’s adoptive father had the same tattoo as me except his was on his chest.” looking down at my wrist I lightly start to rub the tattoo of a star resting on a crescent moon. 

Juno lightly places her hand on mine. Looking up I see Juno with concern in her golden eyes.

“I’m fine” I mumble, “Anyways Jasper said that his grandfather was an odd man, he never dated, never messed around doesn’t matter whether they were men or women he simply was never interested in anyone romantically but refused to have a political marriage. He was a very wealthy man and Is still talked about, In fact, the restaurant Jasper owns is named after his grandfather. I tried to look up books and news, anything but they all said the same thing “He doesn’t like people prying into his personal business, and so per his request, no pictures were taken of him, If not for jasper being his family I probably wouldn’t have found out he had the tattoo.”

 

Hugging me tighter Juno sighs heavily After a While of silence I hear Juno’s Playful voice “Well let’s look at the bright side here!” 

Looking up at her I wipe my tears. “What bright side?” 

Letting go of me Juno looks at her hand, Pointing at one of her fingers she starts “Well for one we know there’s a pattern”

“A pattern?” 

“Yess your man is always in every life Rich and Powerful BUT he’s never been the favored son of Fate!”

“Number two he never marries. He never has any lovers!”

“Number three we know we’re on the right track, We’re just off by a couple of years!” 

Giggling she looks at me “And the most recently discovered His tattoo is on his chest!”

Gritting my teeth I resist the urge to kick her “Juno” 

Tilting her head to the side she looks at me“Yes my dear Shiro?”

Trying to keep my voice down I glare at her “YOu say that as if I can go around tearing random men’s shirts open. When you and I both know I~can't~do~that!” 

Hand over her mouth to muffle her laughter Juno looks at me up and down “Shi-shiro I didn’t take you for the…….. aggressive type seems like I was wrong hahaha”

Ruffling my hair I glare at her as I clench my jaw “Lets-Just-Go-To-Sleep-OK” 

 

Laughing, she starts to head up the steps to the door with a pink flower painted on it as she reaches for the doorknob she turns around seriously. “Shiro, you know I have regrets too…. Everyone does but at the end of the day I’m just glad I have someone to help shoulder the pain and I’m sure those kids do too. That’s why it's ok to let us help you shoulder the pain ….don’t hold it in. I hope you remember we’re always here for you.”

Opening the door she quietly slips in “Good night Shiro” The sound of a door closing softly echoes through the hall, Standing under the skylight the moonlight casts a shadow through the whole room. Tilting my head up I stare at the night sky that’s littered with dazzling stars. The visible planets seem to glow as they rotate slowly.

Looking back down I make my way up the stairs first making my way towards the room with the rainbow drawn on the door softly opening it I peek inside chuckling as I look at them laying in bed wearing the matching animal pajamas Sara got us for Christmas this year. Each person in their favorite color. 

Yuma wearing her light lilac pajamas is laying on the inner right edge of the bed curled up in a ball, forehead resting against the wall with her favorite stuffed rabbit plushie in her arms. 

Sara wearing her pastel yellow pajamas is next to her sleeping spread out with one arm resting on Yuma’s waist and the other arm resting on Shins shoulder as well as one leg on shins waist mumbling she seems to slightly curl up, it seems like she kicked off her blanket and was now complaining about being cold. 

Shin in his pastel pink pajamas is laying on his side facing away from Sara also mumbling “Heavy, Get off”

 Making my way quietly to the bed I pick up Sara and Ryu’s blankets. Draping the blanket back on Sara. I turn to look at Ryu puzzled usually, Ryu has trouble sleeping because he gets cold very easily, Looking over I very quickly find out why Ryu kicked off his blanket. Chuckling I lay the blanket on the foot of the bed. 

Ryu with his dark blue pajamas seems to blend perfectly into Aki’s light blue pajamas as they sleep hugging each other.

 

Slowly leaving the room I walk toward the room on the right a pretty red rose painted on the door. Opening the door I walk in to see Sai curled up sleeping peacefully. Walking over I quietly sit next to him gently placing my hand onto his forehead. Sighing in relief I move my hand to slightly move his hair away from his face, Good his fever is gone. Looking at him for a bit longer I stand up ready to leave. 

Feeling a pull on my arm I look down to see Sai cutely blinking his eyes at me half his face covered by his dark blue blanket. “Al--S-Shiro?”

Sitting back down next to him I pat his head “hmm It’s me what’s wrong, did I wake you?” 

Shaking his head Sai lets go of my arm “No I was just making sure it was you.” 

Looking at his droopy eyes I chuckle “Go back to sleep, I’ll see you in the morning” 

Watching as he fell back asleep I walked quietly out of the room. 

 

Making my way towards my room I stop as I stare at the door to the room next to mine. On the door is a beautiful painted galaxy and in the middle of the galaxy is a single star shining brightly, Turning to look at the door to my room, It's almost identical to the door of the room next to mine all except the crescent moon in the middle of the galaxy. 

Taking a deep breath I reach for the doorknob of the door with the star and twist click-click frustrated I lightly bang my head on the door “It’s still locked.” At a loss, tears stream down my face “Where are you?”

 

 

In a dark space, a man could be seen kneeling on a high pedestal, his arms and legs chained up as he tilts his head the chains seem to disappear into the darkness of the ceiling, his long black robe is loose exposing a portion of his chest. Healed scars, as well as wounds oozing blood, could be seen, his long black hair with red streaks fans out as he looks up, behind a white blindfold his golden eyes seem to flash with sadness for a second then in the next second is replaced with a blank look.

 The sound of chains moving can be heard next to the man. A woman’s deep soothing voice echoes through the dark space “What did you sense -- ---” 

Tilting his head the man moves slightly in the direction of the voice.

The woman also kneeling on a pedestal next to the man looks to be in the same state as the man hands and legs chained up looking over at the man her ruby red eyes flash with excitement under her white blindfold her long flowing red hair that fades into gold at the ends reaches below her waist also fans out. Her light coral dress has rips and bloodstains, her golden belt around her waist is loose the short sheer sleeves of her dress fan out exposing her bruised and bloodied arms. Golden flowers could be seen on her shoulders as well as golden strings. On her head, she has a golden headpiece that resembles a halo. 

 

Sighing the man’s deep monotone voice could be heard echoing through the empty space “He’s crying again”

 

Slumping her shoulders the woman sighs  “Ah the poor boy”

 

The man’s sad voice echoes once again “ We need to find a way out -----, I’m sure Juno also misses you.” 

 

The woman’s chains rattle as she flinches. “I’m already trying my best to find a way out but that bastard keeps blocking me from the system…….. There’s no need to bring up Juno to guilt trip me, ok I miss her to death too.” 

 

Both of their sighs echo in the dark space, slowly the pair sink back into silence.



[Good news I finally know how to post pictures on here! >//////<][Heres almost all of our characters ⇓⇓]

Almost all the characters   

[Heres Juno]

Juno    

        

 

 

  

 
0