7. Cute shota or Ice prince? You can’t be both!
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Sitting in the Azure moon teahouse looking through a pile of reports the door opens. Walking in, all of the kids seem unhappy. Kage is holding the door open letting Aki and Shin come into the room ranting, Sara trailing closely behind them.

 

“The sword sect are such f*cking  assholes”

 

“Well yeah they’re pretentious pricks” 

 

With a Mocking tone, Aki rolls his eyes “We of the radiant sword sect blah-blah-f*ckers” 

 

 Sara looks tired as she takes her hat off placing it on a rack on the wall making her way to the couch in the middle of the room she throws herself onto the large couch scooting over to allow the rest of the kids to sit down. Once all of them have sat down I raise my eyebrow 

“What happened?”

 

“Well for starters the information we gathered on the sword and spear sects is pretty accurate. The radiant sword sect is very pretentious”

 

Scoffing Aki ruffled his hair “They all seem like they have sticks up their asses” 

 

Shin chuckled as he pointed at Kage “well the untethered spear sect was very hospitable but we had a little incident and Kage scared the shit out of the sect leader”

 

Golden eyes narrowing Kage snorted but didn’t open his mouth to speak. 

 

Laughing I sorted through the papers “So what are the details of their request?”

 

Standing up sara took out papers from her Interspatial Ring “We already wrote our reports, I'll read it to you” Nodding I smiled 

 

Clearing her throat Sara sat back down slightly raising her voice “The untethered spear sect and the radiant sword sect both have asked us to escort 10 of their sect disciple’s to and from the Sky peak sect. It seems like the other sects will also be sending at least 10 disciples. The sect elder explained that they do this every ten years where they send their most promising disciples to the Sky peak sect for 3 months but technically they are gone for at least 4 months. The journey from any of the sects takes at least 1 month, so the trip there and the trip back is already 2 months. If nothing goes wrong of course. They also said they hope we can be at their sect’s at least a day before their disciples head out.

 

Kage got up pacing around the room looking unhappy “Me and shin made a slight detour and visited the Sky peak sect to ask their opinion on this matter” pouting his lips he glared at Shin

 

Shin avoided his look with an awkward smile on his face “we managed to get an audience with the sect leader of the Sky peak sect and when he heard that the other sects wanted to hire us he said that since 3 of the big sect’s already brought this matter up that he would send all of the sects a letter…...and hire us himself to guard all 8 of the sect’s disciples. Startled we yelled at Shin

 

“What!?”

 

“Shin You have got to be kidding me!”

 

“What did you do????”

 

“Tehe, my bad?” 

 

Rushing up Aki gripped Shin’s collar of his robe “Tehe, My ass I’ll kill you!” 

 

Massaging my temples I sigh “Shin please tell me you didn’t take the token”

 

Looking at me he laughed nervously hiding an object behind his back

 

Banging my head lightly on my desk I sighed “...Shin

 

“......” 

 

Looking like they were going to cry, Aki and Sara tackled Shin to the ground “Aghhhhh Shiro, Kage help…. They’re going to kill me!” 

Looking back down at the reports I start to go through them, Kage looked down at Shin eyes cold  “Die then” 

Laying limply on the couch Shin had many grievances. Looking at everyone’s dejected appearances I sighed “We-” a soft knock at the door caused me to stop and look over.

“Come in” Opening the door the elderly man from earlier looked nervous as he walked in bowing as he clasped his hands. “Young master I’m sorry to interrupt but we have just received a letter from the Sky peak sect. This one was told to deliver it directly to the young master”

 

Taking the letter I waved the man away “Thank you, You may leave” nodding the elder man rushed out of the room. Looking at the letter I sighed “There’s no getting out of this”

 

“Noooo, I don’t want to stay here for half a year (┬┬﹏┬┬)”

 

“How are we supposed to tell Ryu and Yuma (;¬_¬) ”

 

“Sigh…….Let’s go home first then well see”

 

Appearing in the entrance of the house we could hear Sai’s giggle’s coming from the large closet. Sneaking to the kitchen I took out all of the things we bought for Sai.

 

“I’ll start putting up the decorations we have in storage”

 

“Ok I’ll start cooking, Aki, Shin help Sara with the decorations” 

 

Quietly opening the door Yuma walks in “Shiro I’ll help you make the cake Ryu took Sai outside to play near the fountain” With everyone working diligently we finished rather quickly hearing Ryu and Sai nearing the kitchen we all rushed to put the finishing touches.

 

Sai’s skeptical voice sounded on the other side of the door “Brother Ryu are you sure everyone is already home? I didn’t hear anyone come in” Opening the door Ryu nodded “Yeah I’m sure” Moving aside he let Sai walk into the room.

 

Jumping out of our hiding places we laughed “Surprise” 

 

“Σ(°ロ°)” Startled Sai gripped onto Ryu’s robe

 

“Pfff…. Its ok Sai” Holding back a laugh Ryu patted Sai’s hand

 

“It’s just us Sai”

 

“Sorry we scared you”

 

“Don’t lie scaring him was the whole point of this”

 

“No, it wasn’t”

 

Laughing Ryu pulled Sai to the dining room, Looking around Sai’s eyes widened “what is this for?”

 

“It's a welcoming party”

 

“We all had one”

 

Sitting at the dinner table everyone passed each other the plates full of food smiling and talking as we ate. Seeing everyone enjoying the dinner I sighed 

 

Looking over at me Yuma frowns “What’s wrong Shiro?”

 

“Well…….Since everyone is done with their food I’ll let Shin explain”

 

Choking on his drink Shin’s eyes water as he looks at me (☍﹏⁰)) 

 

Smiling Sara smacks him on the back “Heh serves you right Shin”

 

“Well…..We...I got us another mission heh”

 

Yuma put down her cup, her eyes narrowing dangerously “Ok...Why is that a bad thing?”

 

Nervous laughter spilled out of Shin’s mouth, Looking at Kage with a pleading gaze. Sighing Kage tapped the table with his finger “The mission will take us at least five to six months to complete”

 

Violently standing up Yuma looked horrified “WHAT”

 

In a quiet but angry tone, Ryu looked at Shin “I refuse”

 

“Haaaa...I know you don’t want to go but to do this mission all of us need to go”

 

“B-But this is a long mission and besides what about Sai”

 

“That’s right Sai hasn’t had training”

 

Looking at Yuma and Ryu’s pleading eyes I shake my head “He’ll have to come with us without training”

 

Changing locations heading to the study we walked in and headed toward the large black velvet curtains, Opening the curtains to reveal silver french doors. Walking in there was a large round wooden table with different colored velvet seats. Sitting down in my silver chair I wait until everyone is seated. Glancing at Sai I caught a flash of confusion as he looked at the dark blue velvet chair made out of black wood as he slowly trailed his finger on the handle. Looking away as if I hadn’t seen anything I pulled out the reports and the letter the Sky peak sect sent me. 

 

“So like Shin explained we will probably be gone for at least four to five months, the Sky peak sect sent me a letter with all the details of the mission” 

 

“Shiro are you sure about this?”

 

“Yeah Sai is still young”

 

Looking at the two girls that are worried I sighed “Well ok how about we ask Sai what he wants to do after we discuss all the details of the mission” 

“I guess that’s fair”

 

“First off originally, we were contacted by the sword and spear sect to escort their disciples to the Sky peak sect. Each sect sends at least 10 disciples and the trip to the sect is at least 1 month.  Ok so now I’ll go through the most important parts of the letter, Sect leader Bao said that he would like to hire us to escort all of the sect’s disciples and having us escort them all from Nightgrove the city that sits right in the middle of all the sects but the sword and spear sect argued that they put in the request first thus they should have their disciples escorted from their sect to the Sky peak sect. Since all of the other sects were fine with sending guards with the disciples until they reached Night grove city sect leader Bao agreed to the sword and spear sects condition.

 

Already exhausted Aki sighs “So that means we have to be there a day before the disciples of the sword and spear sect head out” 

 

“Yes that’s exactly what that means also sect leader Bao said that he would give us a private courtyard while we’re there”  

 

What they expect us to stay at the Sky peak sect while we wait for the 3 months to be over so we can escort the disciples back” 

 

“Yes apparently as the honored guest of the Sky peak sect...Or so It says”

 

“ So What's the deal? Why have the seven sects suddenly felt like they need protection?”

 

“The sect leaders all have a disciples they favor and want to pass the sect leader position down but 2 months ago the Martial Sect, the purple lily sect, and the Iron saber sect’s favored disciples were injured and thus all sects are on high alert since they don’t know who did it.

 

“Shiro, we’ve never had contact with any of the big sects before….didn’t you say that it was dangerous…..Isn’t the child favored by fate in one of the sects?”   

 

“Yes well, it was and yes they are but we also have no choice in this matter…. Also, there might be a clue to what I’ve been looking for in the Sky peak sect” 

 

Looking at me the kids all sighed as they mumbled “Well if that’s the case we have to go”

 

Looking at them all give in so quickly I smiled “Go get your things ready we'll leave in the morning 

 

“Sai do you want to come with us or stay at home? Keep in mind it's going to be dangerous” Looking up Sai looks at me his eyes deep “ I want to go” 

 

“Then it's settled Sai will be going with us” Pouting Sara and Yuma got up and left the room. Looking at Sai sitting across from me running his hand on the handle of his chair he suddenly looks up his red eyes turning dark “Shiro about this chair h--” 

 

 “I'm glad you like it Sai I had it specially made for you or do you prefer I call you Albert?”

 

“You knew”

 

Resting my elbow on the armrest of my chair chin resting on my palm I raised my eyebrow “Knew what”

 

Leaning in his chair Sai ran his fingers through his long black hair sighing “You knew that I remembered my fate. I just can't figure out when you found out or how you found out”

 

Smiling I lean back into my chair  “There's no need to look so scared Sai, I'm not shaming you. I brought you into this family fully aware of what you knew” 

 

Startled Sai looked at me “When did you find out?”

 

“I looked into your family more specifically your brother”

“Adio is still friends with Edward Velot but there hasn't been not one letter sent to Edward since around the time that Adio asked him to go sneak you food, Audio also told him he didn't have to go anymore and instead sent a classmate of his. 

He also lessened his visits to the velot house and started to not attend the banquets hosted by them, Instead, he became friends with the classmate that brought you food, his classmate just happened to be the son of the king's knight. 

Adio’s classmate talks very highly about Adio and caught the interest of his father, in turn, the knight commander spoke about Adio to the king. Your father was once his best knight, Thinking about his son the first prince, he decided to appoint Adio as his son’s knight. Adio got promoted to Knight commander, moving into the first prince's palace and now works for the royal family but your parents were not aware of any of this. 

Sai you loved and still love your younger brother there was no way you would leave unless you knew he was safe so I did some research on the way to your house, You also check on a boy named Allen an-” 

 

 “Enough” Leaning further into his chair Sai looked tired as he massaged his temples.

 

Eyes softening I walked over to him leaning down “Sai you are no longer held back by that life, I hope that in this lifetime you would live for no one but yourself...Juno also noticed that you resolved to live for us but that's not what any of us want for you. We just want you to be happy” 

 

Looking at me Sai’s eyes watered as he held my sleeve “B-But he's not here…..Allen’s not here”

Pulling him into a hug I chuckle “Don't worry Said that boy isn't one to give up especially not on people he loves. If anything you should be careful to not get kidna-- whisked away by him”   

 

Nodding Sai wiped his tears “Your right one time I got up in the middle of the night to get water and on my way back I ran into him and he looked really scared saying he woke up and I wasn't next to him so he got up to find me…...he didn't even put on his shirt or his shoes”

 

Laughing I ruffled Sai’s hair “See You shouldn't worry then”

 

Getting up out of his chair Sai rushed out the room “Your right..I'll go ask Shin what I should take with me”

 

Looking at his retreating back my gaze was attracted to the red string fluttering as he moved. Sighing I looked at the chair with a wry smile as I remembering the boy named Allen

A young boy with light brown hair and Light brown eyes holding a dagger with bloodlust radiating off of him comes to mind “Why are you people looking into Albert?”

 

Shaking my head I placed my hand on Sai’s chair I laugh as I mumble “If anything you should be scared that he'll lock you up and never let you go Sai” 

The next day all of the kids were chatting excited wearing their robes that were provided by the Sky sect as they waited for me. Walking towards them I took out several rings as I handed them out “Alright everyone put your things into the interspatial ring. If you bought anything you need to hide put it away also I know you guys brought your pajamas...Just try not to be seen in them” 

 

“Yes Sir”

 

“Alright then let's go” Passing through the mirror I can hear Sara and Yuma explaining the paintings to Sai as we walk through the long hall.

 

Pointing to a door Sara looked at Sai her pink eyes sparkling “Look Sai that door is the world I came from”

 

“Eh t-the one with scary-looking people?

 

“Ah it's ok they're not…..Technically  alive”

 

Red eyes widening Sai took a step back “N-Not alive!?”

 

Stroking Sai’s hair yuma glared at Sara “Sai those are zombies...They are moving corpses...Think of it kinda like necromancy except its a virus that brings them back and not a person”

 

Looking deep in thought Sai nodded “So that would mean…. Yuma what door did you come from?”

 

Startled Yuma blinked as she pointed “That one the one with a lot of fog and ghosts on it”

 

Nodding Sai stared at the door “What kind of world was yours?”

 

Giggling Yuma hummed “Well it….wasn't all that good, I saw a lot of people die...and I didn’t like the fact that all of the ghosts would gather around me. Other people couldn't see them so I got bullied a lot ”

 

Looking at Yuma Sai’s expression turned serious “I'm sorry...If you don't want to talk about it you don't have too”

 

Looking at him Yuma smiled “It's fine that's all in the past after all now I have all of you guys”

 

Seeing as everyone was pointing at their doors Shin also pointed at a door “Look Sai that’s my homeworld, We have a king and I was a knight in the academy Being a night was the most respected profession”

 

“What you're a knight?! Your just like Adi my younger brother”

 

Happy with the comparison Shin smiled “Yeah I’m a knight just like your brother”

 

Looking at Aki, eyes shining, Sai smiled “What about you?”

 

Looking around Aki pointed “That's my world…… It's not a very good place. It's pretty undeveloped, we live in caves and hunt animals for food, I was part of the hunting group...In my world we’re descendants of animals and yeah” 

 

Confused, Sai rubbed his chin “Eh descendants of animals!?”

 

Blushing Aki turned away as he mumbled “Yes I'm a descendant of a Silver Wolf”

 

Looking at Aki up and down, Sai raised his eyebrow “Does that mean you can turn into a silver wolf?”

 

Coughing Aki nodded then pointed at Kage “His door is coming up”

 

Kage’s golden eyes narrowed as he stared Aki down “My door is that one...It's pretty isn't it?

 

Nodding Sai looked at the painting on the door in a trance. Laughing Kage ruffled Sai’s hair “I started working when I was 6….I use two swords to fight and I usually stole information and things like that...We had an emperor but he was greedy and selfish”   

 

Looking back at the kids I smiled “Were here”

 

Running up they nodded, Yuma whispered to Sai as they waited to pass through the door

 “Don't ask Shiro about his world….It upsets him deeply” nodding his head like a bobblehead Sai grabbed Yuma’s hand as they walked through the door.

 

Opening our eyes I waited to let the kids adjust then we headed into town. Walking through town many people smiled and waved at us as we walked past some even shoving fruits, money and other objects into our arms before running away. Reaching the Azure moon Teahouse I looked back, the words I was about to say trailed off as I held in a laugh.

 

 “Seems like the townspeople were waiting for us to arrive”

 

Grumbling the kids rushed inside handing all of the objects in their hands to the servants holding large trays ready to receive us. 

 

“Usually they don't give us this much stuff. What's going on?”

 

Massaging his arms Aki grumbles “Seriously I thought my arms were going to fall off”

 

Seeing the elderly man running over Aki grads his arms before he can bow “Grandpa Why are the people so excited today... More than usual?”

 

Standing straight the elderly man smiles “Well that's because they've heard that we were hired by the Sky peak sect. It's a great honor after all. Ah also everyone is ready in the courtyard waiting for your orders to head out Young master”  

 

Nodding “Tell them we’ll be heading out now” Nodding the elderly man scurried away

 

“So shiro, who is going to the spear sect?”

 

“Well since we have everyone I'm thinking...Kage, shin and I will go to the spear sect. Then Sara, Yuma, Sai, and Aki can go to the sword sect, Of course, that's including fifty of the silver fox’s men for both of us. We'll be meeting up at NightGrove in 2 weeks and from there we'll head to the Sky peak sect together which will be another 2 weeks. Any questions?”

 

Raising his hand Aki smiled “Shiro can I beat them up if they make me mad?”

“No, you already know the rules, Aki, Now if that's all head out”

 

Pouting Aki grumbled as he made his way over to the carriage taking Sai with him.watching them leave I turned to see Kage and Shin already in our carriage. Walking over I hop in. Heading to the Spear sect the whole town was in a state of celebration as the people filled the streets waving and yelling at our carriages. 

 

“Good luck”

“Come back safe and sound dear’s” 

“Make us proud”

Arriving at the spear sect we were led into the main hall. Looking around I could tell that all of the sect elders and anyone deemed important was present, Sweeping my eyes towards the 10 disciples I was startled as I wiped my head toward Kage looking at the red string tied on his pinky I slowly followed it with my eyes leading me to one of the disciples that were waiting to the side his head full of red shaggy hair was lowered as he stared at the ground. A deep resounding voice broke me out of my daze as I turned to see an elderly man with a long beard sitting on the large throne in the middle of the room. 

 

“Were honored that the young master of the silver fox decided to grace us with his presence” 

 

Cupping their hands as they bowed everyone spoke at the same time “Many greetings to sect master Feng” Chuckling he waved his sleeve “mmm You may relax”

 

Smiling I thought to myself  Sect leader Feng is just like the rumors, for him to without a doubt know it's me heh, He's good. Speaking in a soft tone I cupped my hands as I bowed, Startled Sect leader Feng stood up as he grabbed my arms

 

 “There is no need for that young master of the silver fox my sect had offended your disciples and we have yet to apologize in person” Pleasantly surprised I smiled “Sect leader Feng call me Shiro also there is no need to apologize”  

 

Looking surprised, Sect leader Feng shook his head “How could I?”

 

“I insist” 

 

Laughter rang through the halls “Good In that case you may call me Master Feng”

 

Nodding I looked back at Kage and Shin that were still standing out of view of everyone, catching my look they walked over.

 

“Master Feng us three will be escorting your disciples to Sky Peak sect”

Startled he looked at me “This Y- Master Shiro you will be escorting them personally?” 

 

“That is correct Master Feng, Is there something wrong?”

 

Laughing Master Feng patted my shoulder “Not at all we feel more at ease to know you will be there to watch over our sects children”

 

As I and Master Feng talked the red-headed disciple was staring his amber eyes wide fidgeting his cheeks a rosy pink. Noticing the child staring at Kage, Shin nudged him. Kage looked at Shin, his golden eyes narrowing as he pinched Shin’s arm.

 

 Whispering angrily Shin scolded Kage “I nudged you so that you would look over not pinch me you du-”  

 

“Shut up Shin”

 

Furious shin slapped Kage's arm making sure not to make any noise ”I said look over there now”

 

Rolling his eyes Kage turned his head raising his eyebrow he turned to shin “What did you want me to see?” 

 

Jaw-dropping Shin looked at Kage “What do you mean What, I'm talking about the cute kid t-???” Looking over Shin saw the kid had turned away at some point and his cute expression was now ice-cold as he looked at the front fist clenched at his sides. Eh what happened to the cute kid I saw...where did this ice prince appear from (ಠ_ಠ)

    

 
1