1. Rumors
154 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[slight disclaimer I will go back and edit chapters every now and then as I write more chapters so keep your eye out for that.][You have been warned] 


 Rumors are started by The guilty spread by fools and accepted as told by Idiots

A man walks to an old mansion towards the edge of town. The man seems skeptical as he looks at the run-down house wondering if the flyer was correct he walks up the steps and knocks on the door anyway. The door swings open. The man peeks inside and looks around, as he looks around he seems dumbfounded. The house looked completely different from what one would expect considering the condition of the exterior of the house.

As the man walks in, a large staircase immediately catches his attention following the staircase with his eyes it leads to a second floor with ten rooms all with different designs on the doors, downstairs next to the staircase is what seems to be six more rooms three on each side and an open door to a study behind the staircase.

“Cough” The man clears his throat  "Excuse me but I’ve been told that you are looking for intriguing rumors or information, and I think you would be interested in what I have to say," The man’s voice echoes through the seemingly empty house.

"You say you have interesting news to tell me?

 The man freezes as he looks up and meets two silver eyes. A smiling young man appears at the top of the staircase wearing a simple white button-up shirt loose black dress pants, his brown short hair sticking out in all directions. As the brunet walks down the staircase the man comes back to his senses.

 The man speaks up "well I heard that you are interested in tales of demons and mythical beasts.”

"You are correct," The brunet says as he jumps down the last two steps of the staircase.                                                                                    

"Why don't we go to the study to talk," The brunet says as he points towards the room under the staircase.

As they walk the man looks around and notices two long hallways on either side of the staircase going further into the house.” wow the man thinks “This place is enormous How many people live here?” 

When they are both seated the brunet motions the man to speak. The man slowly draws his attention off the enormous bookshelves crammed with books and back to the brunet sitting in the black velvet armchair. The man starts to speak of all kinds of rumors he starts with Vampires, Witches, man-eating monsters, and even some scandals between married couples.

The brunet shifts in his chair impatiently and stares at the man with a smile on his face his eyebrow raised, silver eyes shining. This seems to make the man across from the brunet nervous. "Ah, the man shifts uncomfortably in his chair. “Oh yes! well in the next town over I hear that there is a man and his wife that keep their child locked up in their home, People claim that it’s because he's a demon child!”

The brunet’s smile disappears. “ A demon child?

"At least they say he's a demon, but there's two different rumors, Some say a vampire others say a demon" The man shifts in his chair again, “They say he has jet black hair and blood-red eyes, Though I don't know how accurate the claims are it is just a rumor after all.”

The brunet smiles "Of course but rumors always carry hints of truth in them." The brunet looks down and mumbles something under his breath, then he looks back up at the man. “Can you tell me the name of the town this rumor is from?”

The man puts his hand on his chin thinking.” I believe it was called RoseFront.It’s only half a day’s journey from here.”

The brunet’s silver eyes flash with a hidden emotion "Thank you for the information as a show of gratitude please accept this," He says as he slides a bag of coins across the table. The man thankfully receives the bag of coins and stands up. 

"Let me show you out and do come again I quite like your information." The brunet says as he leads the man to the front door. As the man walks out he turns around  "It's been nice doing business with you if I hear anything more you will be the first to know"

The brunet nods and watches as the man's figure completely disappears down the street. The brunet closes the door and heads back to the study, as he sits down he senses a presence.                                             

"A demon child that is kept locked up by his parents' ' A masculine voice echoes through the study. The brunet looks up a white spikey-haired, blue-eyed man wearing white sneakers with light blue jeans and a white T-shirt with a wolf printed on the front stands in the doorway. "Do you always have to appear out of nowhere Aki?  The brunet says as he looks at the papers on the desk.

Aki walks into the room and rolls his eyes ``I knocked" The brunet rolls his eyes and sighs. "I don't think you can call touching the door knocking" Aki sighs and changes the topic. "Is it safe to assume that no one has investigated this rumor? He asks with an annoyed expression on his face. The brunet starts to stack up the scattered papers on the desk  "Everyone is too afraid of getting cursed to go anywhere near that house" The brunet says equally annoyed with the situation.

"So that means a kid could be locked up and suffering just because of some stupid speculation!? Aki states furious. "That's horrible! he says puffing up in anger. The brunet sighs "It sure is Aki but sadly things like this happen all the time you--” The brunet trails off, lips pressed together into a thin line and says nothing as he puts all the stacked papers into a bag. Aki raises an eyebrow at the brunet "Now then I guess we should get to packing the sooner we get to him the safer he'll be. The brunet says as he slings the bag over his shoulder heading out of the study as he reaches the door he stops and turns around looking at Aki behind him. “Also I almost forgot we need to change clothes before we leave.”

On the way to town:

In a horse-drawn carriage heading to RoseFront "Do you think the kid is still alive? Aki asks concerned.  "Most likely he's barely alive if they think he's a demon they would probably lock him up in the basement without food or water for days.

"So how are you so sure that he's still alive?  Aki asks confused.

"I think I've met him before" Aki looks at the brunet a blank expression on his face "who? 

The brunet sighs and shakes his head "The kid Aki the so-called demon child"

Aki’s eyes slowly widen "WHAT AND YOU DIDN'T HELP HIM?!! Startled by the sudden yelling the brunet yells back  "I SAID I THINK I MET HIM BUT I'M NOT SURE this is why you listen when people are talking.”

Aki stares at the brunet wide-eyed "I will never get used to that" the brunet turns to look at him "what will you never get used to? Aki starts to roll his eyes but feels the brunet glaring at him so instead, he just sighs "I’m talking about the way you yell and then mid-sentence you start talking normally it's weird. Make sure not to do it around the kid you'll scare him off. "He says as he bursts into fits of laughter. The brunet roll’s his eyes.

Aki nudges the brunet "But what's the deal with the I think I met him.

"Well, a while back I came through this town for business. As I was walking through the streets  I remember a bare-foot boy with red eyes and jet black hair wearing an oversized black long-sleeved shirt ran into me. He was pretty skinny and he looked like he was hungry he looked pretty young too maybe 14.” The brunet says as he closes his eyes tightly.

“I asked him if he was hungry. He started to shake his head then replied that he was fine of course I didn't believe him and took him into one of my acquaintance’s restaurants and borrowed the kitchen so I could cook ramen for him.”

Aki looks at the brunet with a disapproving look “Don’t judge me its the only food I was carrying with me at the time.” Aki snorts at the brunet ”Let me finish talking Aki !” The brunet yells as smacks Aki’s arm, sighing he continues  “Then after a while, he cried, said he'd never eaten anything so delicious, I promised to make him ramen again.

We talked for a while then headed back outside as we walked a lady came running up and hugged him sobbing saying he ran off while she wasn’t paying attention, thanking me for finding him the kid didn’t say anything as she dragged him away no struggle nothing." The brunet looks down at his feet. 

"Looking back he must have been scared that they would hurt me like they hurt him I should have noticed."      

Aki reached over to hold the brunet by the shoulders so that they were face to face. The brunets dull Silver eyes slowly regained their shine as he looked into Aki’s gentle blue eyes "Listen there's no way you could have known but were going to save him and you're not going to break your promise with him, so cheer up alright! The brunet nods and smiles "you're right Aki thanks I feel better now" Aki pulls away and looks up at the horizon now covered by buildings  "Alright it seems we're here now,” The brunet says as he looks at the entrance of the town"

The sign above the entrance of the town reading “ROSEFRONT” in big decorative cursive letters. As the two men make their way through the town the brunet speaks up

"Aki we need to start thinking of a name for him though"   

Aki turns his head to look at the brunet “OH I know how about we name him little one!” The brunet looks at Aki and wonders if he's right in the head. Laughing the brunet says "And you say I have a bad naming sense But I think you're worse Aki.

Aki turns his head away from the brunet “Well, we can’t exactly name him without meeting him first”. Aki says scratching his head cheeks flushed in embarrassment. 

 


[Tell me what you think also if you guys see any spelling mistakes feel free to correct me.] [/If you're wondering why the brunet doesn't have a name that's because he does but it'll be introduced in the 2nd chapter yay!] 

 
0