A New Discovery
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun shone brightly, and the morning uneasiness began to dissipate, making it feel like any other regular day.
"Arin, your food is ready. Come quickly!" echoed her mother's voice from the kitchen.

"Mom, I have to revise this question, my friends told me that it is going to come..!!", Arin said with a shocked look on her face as she was staring at her phone.
As the urgency of the day unfolded, the unease of the early morning was replaced by the routines of a bustling household. Arin's younger brother, still fast asleep, remained unaware of the upcoming tests and exams.

"Arin, don't let the stress get to you. You've prepared well," her mother reassured her while placing breakfast on the table.

Amidst the chaos above ground, in a hidden underground base with technology lagging behind the pace of the current world, a distinct tension brewed. The base, detached from the outside world, operated on its sense of time. Laboratories dotted the facility, each specialized in its unique field of research. In a particular lab, an array of microscopes, test tubes, and scanners filled the space. Two men stood in the middle of the room, engrossed in conversation.

One of them was Dr. March, a man in his forties with black hair and rectangular glasses. His white coat was neatly buttoned up over a blue shirt, complemented by black jeans and gloves. Driven by an almost enchanting obsession with the mysteries of viruses, he exuded an air of fascination. Joy permeated the lab as he stumbled upon something extraordinary.

"Dr. March, I heard you found something in the iceberg?" Rhett questioned, his eyes betraying a blend of awe and concern.
He was a young man around the age of 25, he had short blond hair with crystal blue eyes. He wore a long white coat with a red shirt and blue jeans and had a name tag showing.
"Yes Rhett, It is a virus"

"WHAT A VIRUS!! Isn't it dangerous Dr.March", shouted Rhett with fear.

Dr. March gazed at the young researcher with amusement before placing a reassuring hand on Rhett's shoulder.

"Rhett, What is a virus?", Dr. March asked to prove his point.
"Well, it is a microscopic, infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of an organism...Well, THAT'S NOT THE POINT", Rhett said, feeling a bit frustrated and annoyed. 

Hee Hee... Dr.March grinned to himself, he thought, "Wow, this kid gave a textbook definition, but he doesn't understand. Viruses are beautiful, and each virus has a unique ability. They are the only way humans can advance to the future". His obsession was huge.
Then he said to Rhett, "Rhett.. I believe that this mutant virus can bring humans to the next evolution state".

Rhett's eyes widened at the revelation, and he stammered, "But, Dr. March, what if it goes wrong? What if it harms people?"

Dr. March paced around the lab, his excitement palpable. "Rhett, my boy, every scientific breakthrough comes with risks. This discovery is no different. Imagine the possibilities, the advancements in human capability, the evolution we could achieve."

"But...but we're playing with nature, Dr. March. It feels...wrong," Rhett replied, his uncertainty echoing in his voice.

Dr. March, undeterred, continued, "Rhett, progress has always been met with skepticism. We're at the forefront of a new era, a leap for humanity. We can't let fear hold us back."

The eccentric Dr. March, driven by an unwavering obsession with viruses and human evolution, disclosed the groundbreaking discovery of a mutant virus poised to propel humanity into a new era. Rhett, caught between trust and caution, reluctantly embraced his mentor's ambitious vision. As a gesture of surrender, Rhett spoke with a hopeful expression,

"Teacher... fine... I trust you, but please be careful. This place is not safe."

Little did they know, something or someone was lurking behind the door, and the tides of change were already set in motion.

0