New followers
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon hung in the night sky, casting an ethereal glow over the deserted landscape. Tall, swaying grass whispered in the gentle breeze, and the distant howl of an undead echoed through the stillness. Arin found herself amid an abandoned campsite, its remnants telling tales of a once vibrant existence now reduced to an eerie silence.

Amid the remnants of scattered tents and flickering embers, Sam's follower 4 seized Arin, dragging her towards a weather-beaten tent. The atmosphere was thick with tension, the air pregnant with uncertainty.

Sam's follower 4 dragged her towards the tent and tied her to the chair.

Sam's follower 4: (angrily) You little brat! How did you get up?

Her eyes bore into hers, a mix of frustration and anger simmering beneath the surface.

The lady, with a harsh grip on Arin's shirt, brought her face close, their noses were almost touching.

The lady: (snarling) Think you could just waltz in and ruin our plans, huh? You're way over your head.

A man, seemingly more composed than the enraged lady, approached and whispered, "Don't worry. Nothing happened yet. The antidote is still full."

Upon hearing this, the lady released Arin from her grip and sighed, "I guess you are right."

The sudden change in atmosphere puzzled Arin. She glanced at the man who seemed to exhibit a hint of doubt; he was underestimating her.

Arin was always top in her class; she was one of the smartest people.

Then the lady looked at Arin — who was smiling creepily. The lady, interpreting this as mockery, got very angry and kicked the chair, causing Arin to fall. The tent flaps rattled with the force of her outburst.

The lady: (angrily) What are you smiling for?

The man, displaying a more level-headed demeanor, stepped in, pulling the lady back to prevent her from inflicting further harm on Arin. Tension hung in the air as they engaged in a silent power struggle within their group.

Arin, now on the ground, thought, "Such immature people, they got fooled by me."

Arin knew that; Alex was strong, but was he strong enough to beat these people? She had to formulate a plan. The man came and put the chair back to its original position.

Arin:(curiously) So how did you guys end up with Sam?

The lady: (angrily) Why do you care?

Arin: Why not?

Arin's curiosity masked her strategic intent. She was determined to find out more about Sam, his followers, and the twisted game they were forced to play. Tension was building as the lady eyed Arin suspiciously.

The lady: (defensively) We joined Sam because he promised us a world without chaos, a place where only the strong survive.

Arin raised an eyebrow, feigning interest, while her mind worked to gather information. She realized that understanding their motivations might be the key to unraveling the twisted plot that involved her family.

Arin: (nodding) A world without chaos sounds appealing. But why involve innocent people, like my family?

She wanted to break the bond between Sam and these people because they could prove to be worthy pawns. She finally put her brain to use. The lady hesitated, seemingly torn between loyalty to Sam and the growing doubts stirred by Arin's questions.

Arin pressed on, determined to exploit any crack in their allegiance.

Arin: (sincerely) I just want to understand. Maybe there's a way we can all get out of this mess together.

The lady, still seething with anger, shot Arin a skeptical look. The man, however, appeared contemplative, as if weighing the possibility of an alternative path.

Arin: By the way, are you guys mercenaries?

The question hung in the air, causing an uneasy shift in the atmosphere. Everyone suddenly looked at Arin with fear and anguish. It was as if she had unearthed a closely guarded secret, and they were caught off guard by her perceptiveness.

Sam's Follower 2: How do you know?

Arin widened her eyes, looking straight into the man's eyes, a cryptic smile playing on her lips.

Arin: (whispering) I can tell by looking at you. Sam must have blackmailed you. Did he ever tell you about a safe place?

Arin's personality took a manipulative turn, and her words seemed to dig into the vulnerabilities of Sam's followers. The man's contemplative expression faltered for a moment, replaced by a flicker of uncertainty.

Arin continued her psychological game, realizing that understanding their motivations was the key to gaining the upper hand.

Arin: (smirking) A place where you can be free from his control. I bet he didn't. He keeps everyone in the dark, doesn't he?

The lady tightened her grip on Arin's chair, her frustration evident. The man, however, appeared to be teetering on the edge of doubt, torn between loyalty to Sam and the glimmer of hope Arin dangled before him.

Arin pressed on, her voice now a mere whisper that carried the weight of manipulation.

Arin: (softly) You know, we might have a chance to escape this nightmare together. But I need your help.

Sam's follower 3: (angrily) What! Do you know about that place?

Arin: (softly) Yes. It is on my phone. But if you need it you have to let me go.

A tense silence hung in the air, the decision looming over the followers like a dark cloud. Arin's proposition was clear, presenting them with a choice.

Arin: So, what will you choose? Remaining Sam's follower and being stuck in this never-ending nightmare? Or working under me and gaining the freedom you so desperately crave?

The lady shot Arin a venomous look, still harboring resentment for the disruption she caused. 

The man: Fine. We will support you. If you give the location, what must we do in return?

Arin: (happily) Finally we are speaking. Once I give the location of the safe place. You must reach there and be my informants. Pretty easy right?

The lady grabbed the man and called the others towards a side and started discussing. Then she looked at Arin.

The lady: What if we betray you?

Arin: (jokingly) Well, do you know that guy Alex? He is the 'Enforcer'

The lady: WHAT! You must be joking.

Arin:(smiling) No, I am not joking. You can check his dairy.

After some intense deliberation, the followers reluctantly agreed to Arin's terms. The fragile alliance formed in the heart of adversity marked a turning point in their shared fate. The lady, though still wary, nodded in reluctant acceptance.

The lady: We'll play your game, but don't think you can manipulate us forever.

Arin: (grinning) Just remember, our fates are intertwined now. Betrayal won't end well for any of us.

The lady: I guess you are right.

The lady, after a moment of silent deliberation, reluctantly agreed. The followers untied Arin, releasing her from the constraints of the chair. As a gesture of goodwill, Arin proceeded to share the location of the safe place.

Arin: (happily) I am very glad we could find common ground. You guys, despite initial appearances, have shown kindness. Can you share your names?

Arin's demeanor underwent a noticeable shift. Initially hesitant, the survivors, realizing the potential strength in unity, gradually relented.

The lady: (laughing) No one would have guessed you are the same person. I am Misha, and the man here is Alvin. The other two are Jacob and Rish.

Arin: Hee Hee. Thank you. Survival often demands unconventional measures. Regardless, have a safe journey. You can trust me; I am not like Sam.

Misha suddenly hugged Arin.

Misha: I know. Sorry, we spoke poorly about your family.

Arin: No offense taken.

After a brief yet meaningful conversation and the building of newfound bonds, the survivor group embarked toward the safe base. The uneasy alliance forged in the face of a common enemy marked a fragile yet essential step toward their shared goal of breaking free from the nightmarish loop.

Little did they know, the safe base held secrets far darker than they could imagine.

0