The Monster
112 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyma's eyes opened to a white sky. She felt something touching her back. 

"This place again?" She breathed out as she sat and crossed her legs, looking around the strange place. "What the hell happened..." She rubbed her temples, trying to remember the previous moments. "Oh, oh..." She remembered the red-skinned girl jumped on her and... "Well, there goes my first time..." The blond said dejectedly, the fresh memory still playing in her mind. "Now, that I think about it, where is she?"

"She's here."

"Stop squirming around!"

Right on cue, the two redheads arrived with the red-skinned girl tied to a magenta crystal slab by chains. The nun kept an eye on the prisoner while the casually dressed one sat before Anyma. 

"You already avoided a few gruesome events, that's good. But that isn't enough just yet. Things aren't clear yet, however. Luckily, we're here to help!"

"As of now, you are not in the right mindset to do anything." The nun added without bothering to face the blond. "Mindset might not be the correct word here... let's say behavior."

"What does that mean?" Anyma inquired. 

"Tell me, how do you think others see you?" The redhead lay on the 'floor' and asked. 

"What?"

"Oh, don't act surprised you asked yourself this question for many years now, avoiding it whenever the conclusion would be unpleasant. So, tell us what do you think others think of you?"

Anyma, speechless, remained frozen on her spot. It was true she asked herself the question, but did she avoid it? 

"I never ran from the answers!" She declared.

The redheads chuckled synchronously. "Yes, you did. Don't believe us? How about you see it for yourself?" 

Anyma looked perplexed, then her eyes widened as she sunk into the 'floor' beneath her.


"Hey, no daydreaming!" A familiar voice called the girl who froze before the pinkish iron gates. When Anyma snapped out of her trance-like state, she saw Chiyo. 

"Chiyo?" She called. "Wait, my voice...!?" It sounded more acute and smoother than she remembered. 

"What? Is your first day of school so terrifying?" The black-haired woman chuckled mockingly at the little girl. 

"First day of... Oh, fuck me..." The little girl cursed in her mind as Chiyo held her hand, dragging her inside the complex.


Hours later, in an empty classroom.

Anyma lay on the floor, bruised from head to toe. "Ugh... Of fucking course it had to be this day..."

Anyma remembered her first day of school vividly, no matter how much time passed. That day, she had been beaten up by other kids for her weird hand. Most of them were magicless and had no control over their mana, things would have been worse otherwise. 

It was lunchtime, the bullies went to catch their meal. Anyma got up, using the wall to support herself. She wanted to go to the infirmary to get her bruises checked, but right as she stepped out of the room, a stone landed square on her forehead. Blood slid down her eyes, partially blinding her, but the deluge only started as the throwers called reinforcement. When the teacher finally dispersed the kids, Anyma could not stand. The stones had slashed her skin open, swollen both of her eyes to the point she could not see past her arm. She was sure a few bones were broken as well. Why did she not run away to a safe space? Because nowhere was safe. 

Most offices were locked and the other classrooms were cul-de-sacs. She ran around the whole scholar complex for nearly thirty minutes before she had been saved. She spent the entire day in the infirmary, lying in a bed, even though her injuries had been easily healed, out of fear that she would pelted again. "Today can't become worse, can it?" A sarcastic question, she knew it would only worsen. 

Evening came, and as the bullies were picked up by their parents one at a time, the school gradually became empty, until she remained alone. The sun had completely disappeared beneath the horizon, the moon took its place in the dark sky. That night, Anyma walked alone to the apartment where she and Chiyo resided. The little girl remembered how angry she was when that happened the first time. Knowing Chiyo was absent did not make the situation better. Reliving this day was as painful as the first time. Everything went according to how she remembered it, until midnight.

"That night, you cried your eyes out and fell asleep. and things repeated themselves many times after that. The adults, pretending they would talk with the parents, never helped at all. They even began hating on you, allowing worse to be done."

"Chiyo was out on a mission for more than a year, and when she came back, she too was powerless to help." 

The two redheads recounted, passing the parole to the other occasionally. 

"Do you remember what you did next?" They asked in sync, glancing at the girl lying in her bed.

"...Every time I tried to defend myself, things only got worse. It kept going, so much that I didn't even try to riposte anymore... until the day I couldn't take it anymore and snapped."


That day went as usual or it was supposed to. Half of it went as usual: Anyma went to school, got beaten up, and landed in the infirmary. That evening however was when things turned to shit. The infirmary had been closed earlier than usual for some reason. The bullies waited for the little girl to come back. That day, something snapped in her, to this day she still did not know what it was. When the first insult was launched to her, she spat back. Nothing special. When the first slap went off, Anyma responded with a fist to the face of the attacker, sending her tumble back. In the next instant, Anyma had been attacked from every angle by the other girls.

This evening, Anyma fought back, punching, kicking, and pushing away. At some point, she slammed some into walls, doors, and even the constructions the kids played on. Blood flew everywhere; on the blond girl, her victims, everywhere. When things settled down, she stood over the girls, lying on the floor crying. Anyma looked at the sky. Her arms were shaking, and her heart beat loudly in her chest. She stood in the middle of her victims, smiling like a devil. 

This had been the first night when she slept soundly.

"How did it feel to be victorious?" The redheads asked, grinning. 

"Incredible, I can't describe anything that feels better than that!" Anyma muttered, still glaring at the darkening sky.

"If it was so good, why did you stop? Why did you regress into that shy girl who never speaks?"

The answer was simple. It was because of the next day.


The parents waited for the girl who brutalized their adored children. That day, Anyma had not only been slandered but she had been defamed beyond saving. Teachers and parents alike. All reprimanded her, she stopped coming to school for several months. One thing ran in her mind, "Was I truly at fault?" All she did was defend herself, and for what did it give her? Insults and reprimands when she was not at fault to begin with. She had no way to fight back this time, so she gave up on that feeling, sealing everything deep into her heart.

"Until today," One redhead announced. "So, what do you think people think about you?"

"A monster... who should be locked up and left to die somewhere."


Anyma and the two redheads emerged from the bloody 'floor'.

"You got that right. But... were they wrong for thinking like that?"

"Or do they deserve to look down on you without blaming their kids?"

Anyma smirked, "A monster, eh? So, that was there the whole time. Them looking down on me means nothing at this point. I'll return the favor, someday.

"You got that right, but what will you do now that humanity is at risk? Will the monster kill everyone?"

"Or will she succumb to weakness?"

"...You two alternating speech is creepy at times." Anyma scoffed. "I'll do neither! My life, my choices. Humanity can get raped to death for all I care."

The two redheads clapped, laughing madly at the blond's response. "We may be the same person,"

"But I'm surprised nonetheless! Now that you got your head where it should be, claim your trophy and get out of here!"

Anyma tilted her head, "Claim... my trophy?"

The casually dressed redhead smirked, pulling the nun into her arms and kissing her on the lips. Then, they started undressing each other...

"Oh, oh... I see..."

Anyma glanced at the red-skinned girl, who looked back at her while gulping.

 

Hey there. First of all, thanks for reading my story. I hope you find it somewhat entertaining. Second, sorry the upload got a bit slow lately. University is eating a good chunk of my time and energy away. I'll try to upload once every week or every two weeks (no promises). If there's anything you want to ask, go ahead!

2