Chapter 2
770 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Location Red room Facility, 3.23 am. 

MC POV,

Yesterday I would never expect to find myself waking up to obtain a power ring and go on a rampage around my prison of a home. I know it's crazy right, that's what I have been wondering about for the last couple of minutes as I skidded along the cold floor assisted by my ramp constructs while firing of blasts of molten shotgun shell blasts into the chest of two security guards and watching their insides splatter on the walls as I laugh maniacally. 

Do I have a problem in the head? Probably so. Well, you don't survive years of grueling torture in the body of a hormonal teenager and expect not to develop a few quarks. I continued flying down the hallway after confirming that all my assailants were dead. 

I have been conducting a very brutal cleaning operation for the last 20 minutes or so and so far more than 20 guards so far either have their insides splattered on walls or died a more decent death. Honestly, I am worried about my mental health but I am currently assuming that the reason why my mental fortitude is still high even after orchestrating such gruesome attacks is due to the ring. 

Currently, I was making my way through the facility towards the library which was located in its right wing while using the guards as my test dummies. I knew that I was moving further into the heart of the beast and that there was no way in hell the organization would leave most of its important documents in the library. 

Trigger-happy or not, I knew what I needed to do in order to survive in this universe, and among my top priorities was to obtain enough knowledge and information. All the books on biological knowledge, sciences, and more in the library would honestly just go to waste if I'm planning on burning this place down so I decided to first place all knowledge I can obtain from the facility in my rings subspace. Very useful if you ask me. 

I finally exited from the long corridor just to be greeted by a barrage of bullets to the face which subconsciously made me raise a protective shield. Following this I flexed my construct with a bit of difficulty made it bigger and had protruding sharp spikes before ramming the five guards who thought that would be enough to stop me onto the wall effectively making Swiss cheese out of them. Honestly from an observer's point of view, using the ring seems to be very easy but after intensive combat, it starts becoming mentally taxing if you just brute force your way without any training whatsoever. 

Luckily that was my last obstacle before reaching the library. As soon as I saw the library door I blasted the door off its hinges and flew in before tasking my ring AI with scanning the area for any cameras which I swiftly destroyed or any secret layers and stuff. 

"Ring store all books and files in the library into ring subspace." 

[Affirmative] 

Honestly, I could get used to this as I observed the ring project miniature wormholes which with the help of other energy constructs moved all the shelves and books into them. The entire process was so efficient it left me momentarily stunned at the level of efficiency. I could have used this more efficiently to clean up my apartment back in the day but there is no need for reminiscing of my past right now. I will have the time for that later. 

I flew out of the library now heading towards the facility's main data archives. Although I had access to presumably one of the most advanced technologies in the entire universe at the palm of my hand, earth's current level of technology although it was far ahead of that of my original Earth, didn't enable me much of a choice in retrieving all the data from the systems at the fast speed as I was used to at my current distance. 

The path to there though was another case as it was highly guarded almost the same as the path out of the dorms. So with my trusty emerald glowing companion on my finger, I decided to do what I have been taught to do best in this life. I constructed two rather simple daggers while I slowly hovered next to the corridor exit that would lead me to my next confrontation. 

The blinking red dots on my visor told me all of their locations already and if not for that my trusted ring AI implemented X-ray vision into my Hud allowing me to see them although seeing skeletons running around hastily all over trying to desperately prepare for an unstoppable foe is disturbing. 

The sound of the distant blaring of alarms along with the occasional flickering of lights made the section of the facility seem more eerie. I knew the tension those poor guards were feeling was almost suffocating as the ring told me that their current emotional state mainly was filled with fear. Honestly, I fucking loved it. The carnage I caused venting out my frustrations on these people no monsters was exhilarating but something held me back. That was the feeling of responsibility I had as one of the oldest of my black widow sisters to make sure they made it out alive, or else I would have been lost in my dark sadistic desires. 

I took in a deep breath to settle myself, the ring had thrown me off balance as my emotional state was greatly altered. I preferred keeping my emotions in check and out of view but it seems the weapon running on emotions on my hand didn't work that way leading to all my pent-up emotions being let loose at the same time. As a result, it has led to me being rather unhinged and that was beginning to be a problem if I didn't handle it soon. 

This time my plan is simple, fly in and skewer everyone before going to retrieve all data on our experimentation, training, and everything available. I need to make sure afterward that no information is remotely salvageable otherwise I'm repeating Natasha's mistake so no stupidly powerful weapons to avoid displacing any presumably important documents leading to future unexpected accidents. I willed for my armor to dim its lighting as I firmly held the two dagger constructs which I caused the blades to begin superheating at a hot enough temperature to kill a man easily but not damage my armor. 

After my final pep talk, I jumped into the room but this time I flew much faster than I had ever flown before. The adrenaline running in my veins was addictive as I watched the guards fumble their weapons in shock before opening fire towards the door although I was already in front of one of the ten men in the hallway. I swiftly stabbed my knife into his arm before dragging it through his flesh up to his shoulder and using my momentum with my dagger handle as a lever to turn and launch him towards his closest friend causing a rather bloody mess on the wall. 

I dropped down to the floor acrobatically and followed up by sweeping the guy to his left before embedding my other dagger deep into his neck before decisively moving my body to the next guard who I violently punched in the neck causing him to almost fall over but due to my smaller frame, he still served his purpose of being used as protective cover cause the sound of the bullets impacting my armor and shields were starting to get annoying. 

I proceeded to construct another two daggers which thanks to my target training landed squarely in the skulls of two more guards when I threw them. For the last four guards, I took off in a sprint towards one of them where I made an energy construct on my hand which I used to deliver a strong punch onto his abdomen causing his internal organs to rapture before I began floating and constructed three energy chains connected to my ring and clamped onto their ankles before proceeding to give them a good treatment of being used as ragdolls for a while. 

For the first time in my short rampage, I took my time to look around at my carnage after two of the three guys died. Seeing the blood, a few severed limbs, bullet holes on the wall and bodies, one guy crying pitifully and puking blood while clutching his stomach, and the last guy who was barely breathing embedded deep into the wall with my chain lazily dangling off his ankle in the dim-lit hallway, I was a bit shaken. Such a sight would have made Omniman and superheros from the boys proud. Although I'm not afraid of killing and maiming, I get lost in my emotions much easier further reaffirming my earlier premonitions. 

I shook this off and left it as another problem for future me to deal with as I destroyed and entered the data archive room to see rows and rows of neatly stacked files with occasional computers here and there further confirming my suspicions on the fact that the technology was still not up to that of the 21st century. Although that was the case they rivaled some tech released in the 20th century making me take back my earlier words. 

"Ring collect and store all files neatly in the storage subspace while making a separate databank to store all information that can be retrieved from the computer systems." 

[Affirmative, process commencing. Will take approximately two minutes.] 

I watched in mild amusement as the ring projected energy-constructed drones which did the entire process at an impressive speed as I slowly wandered around the room observing the machinery present. The further I walked the more the low hum of machinery intensified. I watched as the drones connected to the mainframe computer and downloaded all their files at a fast speed. The screens flickered continuously displaying classified information on the Red Room's operations, before my eyes picked on the visage of a skull with six tentacles below it causing me to unconsciously clench my fist in annoyance. 

"Well, this just got a hell lot of complicated. If only it were that simple. Sigh*" I sighed in exhaustion cause I knew in order to bury my past trauma and all this shit, I would hunt all those responsible one way or another as it has always been my character to finish a job and not half-ass it to leave potential future enemies. After all the only good enemy is a dead enemy. There is probably more that I don't know of the entire red room operation already downloaded onto my databank but here is not the best place to check it out. 

[The process is done, host.] The female voice of my ring brought me back causing me to subsequently look at the room that had been picked clean by the drones. 

"Good job ring. Also, can you instead of calling me host refer to me by my name Irina, or something like Miss or Madam please." 

[Affirmative Miss] 

"Much better. Thank you." 

This time instead my ring glowed slightly to show that it acknowledged my gratitude. Well apart from my upcoming field trip to destroy my enemies, I could get used to this.

39