Chapter 11
440 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Currently, I was a few kilometers deep into apparently the largest ever known mountain in the sol system, Olympus Mons. After a quick fly over the planet, it was the most memorable sight I could find and would probably be a good place for me to make a base as I could fit the entire central power battery from my sub-space later to test my true limits without the infinite energy hack. 

With Eve's help, the entire process of sub-spacing all the rocks, transmutation, and matter generation was much easier achieved than I had expected making the process of construction much quicker. Now that I had time to myself, I decided to name my ring. Yes, I got a bit sentimental at the thought of knowing well she is another sentient lifeform typically more of a spirit with the physical manifestation of a ring for now thus referring to her as ring didn't fit well with me as well as her designation of Prime Overseer which was a mouthful so I named her Eve. On that note, if we are eternally bonded doesn't that mean I am typically married what's more is that she put her ring on my finger? 

Useless thoughts aside, I let Eve gain access to my memories and help me store any information about this universe, music, comics, and more while also learning about human psychology. I may not be the best example of a functioning normal human being currently but I hope her seeing the universe from another point of view would allow her to grow and begin helping me fast. It isn't like I could let her roam free on the internet for a few hours right now and grow her character cause the internet had yet to develop at this time even if the search engines had already been created. Also, I needed help in judging and making plans as I had been making plans on the fly, adapting and carrying on and no one has the right to judge me as my life has been a hectic struggle for a very long time. It's not like she could go Skynet on me or anything. 

A few hours passed by where I had been tempted more than once to just disregard everything and terraform Mars, or make a very futuristic tower out of this mountain and wait and see humanity start shitting bricks once they spot the presence of an advanced alien civilization on their neighboring planet. Their reactions would be hilarious but that would also get the scientific community and a whole lot of dangerous individuals and organizations interested eventually leading to massive complications in the long run. But the big question is, would humanity cease their stupidity and choose to work together to fend off a possible alien invasion, or if the truth of how small they are in the grand scale of things getting revealed make any difference, maybe somewhat hard though but I'm not risking my comfort and safety to find out. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes. 

In the meantime, I had constructed a base that even Batman would be jealous of after clearing a massive portion of rock and dirt while making many structural reinforcements making sure not to possibly compromise on the mountain's structural integrity causing it to suddenly cave in under any unforeseen circumstances. The sanctuary I created had secure comfortable larvish living quaters, a State-of-the-art research labs, an almost impenetrable experimentation room that could easily contain nuclear explosions without a sweat, a massive highly reinforced training room facility fitted with hard light projection simulators, powerful training robot partners and illusion technology that could simmlesly simulate different environments and would making the X-men danger room look like a joke, a concealed and protected hangar and docking base that would open up to the mountainside, a natural simulated life support system and advanced shielding from outside, an advanced communication centre with powerful computers constantly monitoring the facilities security, a secure and efficient network system connected to all rings and one of my hidden satellites already in orbit, a secure storage facility and armory, advanced medical facilities equipped with healing pods powerful enough to cure most biological illnesses, a full functionng waste recycling system and working hydroponic system alongside food production if the agricultural rooms are considered. All this was powered by a stand-in green lantern power battery located in a well-contained large more highly protected section of the base drawing power from the central power core which I would eventually be mounting at that same location once I'm done with everything. Well, Iron Man got his arc reactor powering his suits while the sorcerers use magic from other dimensions and the Vishanti, so why don't I use the emotional spectrum to power my stuff in turn but I'm not stupid enough to go lose my reactors like Tony. 

I might have been a bit overexcited and gone a bit overboard. I scratched my head in embarrassment as I looked at my creations with a sense of pride. All the beautiful slick patterns on the walls along the holographic display projectors that were inbuilt could create an illusion mimicking open space or more with a single command but were a bit unnecessary. All the security measures though were no joke making me almost break out in a cold sweat, I do not pity those brave enough to try and break in. This reminds me of the guildbases we used to construct in Ark Survival but way more advanced. What's funny is that I had begun by building a base and ended up having a well-hidden highly guarded sanctuary instead but I'm not complaining though. It's the advantage of playing too many survival games now the big problem is I barely scratch the understanding of how most of these devices work even with my ring augmenting my mental capabilities. If it wasn't the fact that I downloaded some sections of the data on mechanics and physics into my brain from time to time, to me it might as well be magic but I still had massive help from Eve who installed most of them. This was after I told her not to place any tech that would be too hot for me to handle. Most of the stuff in my ring was not galactic friendly if I may say so myself and I wasn't raised with this level of technology and autonomy so I'm still not used to it and I must be responsible for any level of destruction I might accidentally cause. 

Otherwise, how all other transmigration protagonists understand most new advanced stuff on first contact is beyond me even with my cheat of a ring but I'm not surprised by my situation. After all the blue space smurfs were among if not the first intelligent lifeforms in the DC universe therefore even Reed Richards would have a very hard time cracking their tech but considering all this universe's bulshit, I'm gonna have to keep this stuff close to my chest for now still. The warnings I got from Eve when I asked whether it was possible to download all the knowledge in records of engineering into my head made me reconsider my life choices for a while so I'll have to stick to the old method of doing things for now. 

After having my fill of marveling for a bit, I proceeded to the Medical facility. This is among the main reasons I wanted this base in the first place. All the torture training we had done has some negative side effects that's for sure and I'm not gonna take the risk of the knockoff supersoldier serum having my back. I know my ring has healing and regeneration but it's rather slow when done passively and I need proper medical knowledge to fix all the issues at a fast speed and possibly perform some seemingly miraculous feats but all I have is highschool level biology which I surprisingly clearly remember and it will still be useless. 

"Eve, initiate a comprehensive full medical scan on me and generate a comparative analysis between my physiological data and that of a typical healthy 14-year-old human female." 

[Affirmative. Commencing process in 3 seconds] 

Following Eve's reply three medical drones emerged from the room walls, flew, and encircled me before proceeding to begin their analysis. I stood in the middle for a few seconds before I heard Eve deliver the report. 

[Scan results indicate the presence of several health issues and long-term consequences. These include the presence of bone fragments embedded within the left thigh muscles, resulting in scarring of muscle tissues and damage to select nerve endings. Irregularities in bone density are observed in the upper left arm and right leg, indicating a compromise in bone strength and structural integrity. Increased sensitivity in several cranial regions, coupled with hair follicle damage, has led to diminished hair growth speed and minor scarring. A bruised right kidney raises the risk of kidney failure. Chronic nerve damage in the gum, coupled with artificial teeth, points to signs of physical trauma. Nail bed damage has caused toenail inflammation. Hormonal imbalance may affect physical growth, abnormality in the size of some internal organs may lead to further complications down the line and fractures are evident in various skeletal regions are further noticeable issues.] 

"How in the high heavens was I supposed to be a fully functional field agent for a long time with all these injuries and problems in the first place?" 

[The majority of injuries appear recent, less than 48 hours old to be exact high probability resulting from your final torture session. Due to your mutated DNA resulting from exposure to a foreign substance known as the Widow Serum, most of these injuries would have naturally healed within two to four months, albeit with lasting effects. The serum, due to partial incompatibility, also triggered several allergic reactions, manifesting several of the aforementioned health issues.] 

"What would the effects of the serum be on me compared to a normal human female and what is the state of my X-gene, if in any case, I have it?" 

[In comparison to a typical 14-year-old human female, you have an enhanced physiology which grants you enhanced physical abilities capable of reaching peak human, an accelerated healing factor slightly below optimum due to incompatibility, enhanced cognitive abilities, heightened resistance to toxins and poisons, and decelerated aging. Additionally, you possess an inactive X-gene although, unlike Irene Adler, your X-gene is also blank at the current moment.] 

"Interesting, if my premonitions about this world are true then this provides a wide range of opportunities for us in the future. Eve, shelve this finding into my memo, set up the medical pod to fix me up, and from all our medical records could I get a serum that would potentially enhance my intellect and healing factor without further messing with my physical body, causing any irreversible dire side effects or making me less human for now?" 

[From medical records a possible enhancement has been selected and slightly altered although there is still a chance of it having an unprecedented reaction with the widow serum already in your system.] 

"Positive or negative?" 

[Positive but the process would take approximately 48 hours in the healing pod, so I would advise you to send a notification of your absence back to your allies. I would also like to inquire on how you would be dealing with the mental trauma caused by the experience.] 

"Eve, are there any records on quick rehabilitation that can be done to the patient in the same period of time to fix such an issue?" 

[Negative] 

"Then is it possible to remove any mental backdoors planted to my psyche through mental trigger words and the such in the pod?" 

[Positive, that can be easily achieved.] 

"That would be enough for now. Thanks for the concern and memo and it seems your learning has speeded up," I replied to Eve whose reply was for my ring to glow once more in confirmation as I walked up to the healing pod bringing up its instructions manual so I may know how it functions. After scrolling for a while I decided to finally spy on Irene a little and find what she had been doing with the new ring. 

Leaving a ring on earth with her although seeming naive and stupid had more benefits than losses in the long run from my point of view. This is because first of all healing her was a good sign for establishing friendly relations and a partnership. Secondly, if anything ever happens and the deal goes south, a powerful mutant who can glimpse into possible futures and timelines would still owe me a favor enough to help me when a dire situation arises out of nowhere. Third is that I know how protective Mystique is of Irene thus I'm hitting two birds with one stone and I potentially could extract a benefit or two from her. Fourth if somehow the orphanage gets attacked when I'm not there, I left extra muscle to protect my sisters. Fifth, I have a method of spying on their conversation ally or not they're still not in the clear yet for a while and finally even if they want to access the information library and records. I set her up as a lantern trainee and thus she has no access to any of my vast knowledge unless in dangerous situations and that would only be limited to minor medical and fighting records. In the end, it's a win no matter what way you look at the situation. 

So now asking Eve to display me on her current activities made my cheeks turn rosy in embarrassment. The moans coming from the audio transmission along with the stimulating graphic visualization made my brain almost grind to a halt before I willed to cut the connection before potentially alarming her. My thought patterns were utterly derailed when I caught first class seat to some vanilla action cough*. 

"Eve, what time is it in western Massachusetts right now." 

[It's around 10 pm.] 

"Damn, I've been gone for that long sigh*. Send a message to Irene and tell her to tell Natasha and the girls that I will be back in three days otherwise, she will probably kill me." 

I ordered Eve as I stepped close to the healing pod this time willing for my clothes to be stored in subspace leaving me but ass naked before finally removing my ring for the first time in more than two days. The feeling of weakness that assaulted me along with pain and soreness that I had even forgotten was there in the first place was kinda depressing. It seems that will empowerment did much more than I anticipated for me but I also suspected it had something to do with the central power core as I had felt myself becoming somewhat lesser and although this was an unexpected wake-up call, it was better than it happening suddenly amid battle. I now remembered why I always despised borrowed power, once the power high left you, you'll be filling like shit on a Monday morning. I still felt a mental connection with my ring and I instinctively knew I could control it although not as strong as before as I placed it on the table close by and proceeded to the healing pod. 

I climbed into the open healing pod and the door shut itself upon my entry. 

"Goodnight Eve," I said out loud not knowing if she would even hear me only for her voice to resound from within the pod. 

[Have a lovely sleep, Miss Irene.] 

That was the last thing I heard before I was seamlessly lulled into sleep by sedatives as the pod began getting slowly filled in a viscous liquid.

Hope you enjoyed the story. Don't forget to leave a comment and review.
You can support me on Patreon through the link below.

patreon.com/DarkZzzeph

28