Chapter 16
457 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had begun our tests by going through normal human transformations, something that Raven was used to morph between different identities both male and female. Afterward, we went forth and tried to push her limits altering her mass instead of only altering her physical appearance, now she could actually not be considered weaker when changing although it causes a great physical strain if she pushes it much causing her to turn back to her normal self.

Afterward, we tried testing her ability to change to semi-humanoid alien races and more from records or ones that Eve could interpret and completely bring from my memory. We started by adding basic individual appendage transformations like transforming her fingers into tentacles, structuring an organ on a different part of the body, growing claws, trying to imitate the physical appearance of a white martian and a few more before finally trying to use her new adaptation to generate extra mass which she used to form a pair of fully functioning wings on her back. During the entire process, Eve had been presenting her with the physical structures for all the foreign transformations, appendages, and organs.

"Okay, that's all for testing we have got more than enough information on your changes and how your ability works for now," I told Raven as she reverted to her base form dropping the wings transformation leaving her sweating and back in the sexy bodysuit.

"...That felt weirdly different," Raven commented seeming somewhat freaked out causing me to snap out of my excitement trans and address her.

"Is it the sudden flight capabilities or the transformations?" I asked this time dismissing the Martian construct and approaching her.

"I mean the ability to change individual appendages, I didn't know I could do that." She said trying to mask her uncomfortableness at addressing this topic causing me to subsequently stretch out and grasp her hand in mine. She shivered slightly but caught herself before staring down to meet my excited eyes.

"That's awesome, fuck I would die for your set of abilities even before the enhancement. With a more open mind imagine the capabilities you can achieve or what you can possibly do. You're a security nightmare and can pretty much be whatever you want or do whatever you want without suffering consequences, god I'm jealous." I rumbled on excitement in fascination on how her abilities were amazing causing both Raven and Emma to chuckle in ammusement causing me to catch myself from spiralling out to more fangirling and clear my throat.

"Cough* Ahem, so what I was saying is that your abilities are an extension of yourself and you define who you are not the other way around. Groan* how do I put it in better terms, you are not defined by the form you take because regardless of the shapes you assume the essence of your character remains the same." I reaffirmed to her after mentally going through a memory of a similar saying by Odin from my past.

“You know Irene, you can be a naively sweet child if you drop your contemplative and scheming nature,” Emma stated causing me to groan before letting out a derisive chuckle.

“I wish everything was that simple though.”

“So, wanna tell me what else my abilities might be useful for, or perhaps why you almost swooned when you saw my hand turn into tentacles,” Raven asked causing me to blush profusely as the two had fun at my expense but damn I thought I masked my expressions well. What, everyone has a right to be curious about one thing or another.

“Fascinating, apart from Martian DNA, your DNA strand is fascinating to study. Unlike the Martians who can psionically control their physical forms to shape-shift and mimic other life forms, your cells are instead capable of rewriting your gene sequence psionicly at an instictive level allowing you to change your internal composition, the primary function and pigment of each of your individual cells.” Eve finally responded saving me from my embarrassing situation. While I wasn’t a professional in biology, I still somewhat understood what Eve said because of all the hours used researching fandoms, and Reddit for fun in my free time. Didn’t know the knowledge would be useful someday though.

“So does that mean that her DNA is one of the most adaptable strands we might have on our hands and can possibly be programmed and used to make adaptable robots like Amazo?”

“With the correct equipment and level of intelligence yes,” Eve replied to me and the only response my brain could cook up at the second was fuck. It’s one thing to read about it and another to experience the bizarre nature of how some people are just built different literary. This caused me to turn and face Raven with a sharp gaze.

“Never get yourself captured or your DNA stolen from you, okay?”

“I get that my DNA is highly adaptable but why?” Raven's question got me groaning in frustration at how early it was still in the timeline. We were in the 80s and I was pretty sure no apocalyptic or sci-fi movies were out yet so no one was going to relate to some of my statements, what a shit show. You win some you lose some I guess.

“You see if samples of your DNA are obtained by someone with bad intentions they may be able to make an army of machines capable of taking over the world and destroying mutants kind as you guys call it, not pleased by the name though but that’s a topic for another time.”

“…oh, fuck.”

“Fuck indeed. Hey Eve can you give an overview of the test results real quick.”

“Sure. Raven's ability is more of biological morphing or in other terms gene-shifting. Observation has shown the process occurs instinctively through psionicly. Current observations show that your limits lie in your range of creativity and mastery of more alien and animal forms due to a lack of innate instincts in using such forms and a limit to the amount of body mass you can physically control. Altering your mass to a limited extent is fine but it puts a great strain on your body if you push it too far where you will be forced back into your original form. From my scans, you are instinctively connected to a miniature personal psionic domain which probably fuels your ability allowing all these changes you can use like a wardrobe to store your forms and your weapons. Your current changes are attributed to the genetic enhancement serum coupled with being radiated by power from the lantern battery to facilitate successful healing. Although your abilities aren’t to the level of a Martian, further artificial enhancement is advised to be on hold until your cells fully adapt to the new changes. In the meantime, you can further improve your abilities through training.”

Now this was a new development different from the original comics and shows but damn it made a lot more sense on how her powers worked. Although Raven’s ability to control each cell of her body is not as proficient or powerful as the Martian’s, it’s versatile in its own unique way. With her staying with me as an ally I can observe further changes and development in the future.

“Thanks, Eve, you’re showing more emotions of late.”

“I’m still developing and it might take a bit more time to fully tweak, assimilate, and complete the development of my personality matrix.”

“I hope you’ll be the same and not some stuck-up bag of sticks at the end so be careful.”

“Affirmative.”

Finishing my conversation with Eve, I turned back and faced the two stunned women who were both lost in wonder.

“It seems we learn new things every day isn’t that right?” It seemed my question knocked Raven out of her stupor causing her to look at me with a devilish smile.

“We sure do. For now, I finally have a way to improve myself after hitting a roadblock for all these years. By the way, this is a nice fabric you have here and it’s useful in that it does not hinder my ability to change forms.”

“I know cool right? Eve molded your outfit specifically from a protective shape-shifting fabric from our records she could fabricate in a short time. It isn’t as strong as unstable molecules though so don't go trying to test if it's bulletproof. That reminds me, was your previous outfit a part of your skin that you shape-shifted to look like your clothes.”

“Obviously, what do you expect if all other clothes would just hinder my ability."

"Kinky." was my reply to Raven causing her to smirk as Emma laughed on the side getting distracted from the set of activities Eve had given her a few minutes prior to test the range of her abilities.

"So what if the clothes get torn, does it hurt and how do you deal with the repairs."

"Well, it does hurt because it's part of my skin but I learned to ignore it after a while plus the repairs are easy if it's only slight tears."

"Just make sure to let Eve know you need several shape-shifting clothes for extra defense then from now on until we make a better fabric in the future, in the meantime you can use the field to train," I responded to her while turning and approaching Emma who had been busy with testing her physical capabilities for now against a few dummy opponents.

I watched her sidestep an opponent and knew him in the groin before using their momentum to lift them over her shoulder and slam them into the ground before dodging another fist just to twist and kick their knee causing them to lose balance and allowing her to deliver a kick to their face. From the brief fight, I saw I knew she had a level of training although not as skilled as me, therefore in a normal fight without my ring and any fancy powers I’ll win unless she augments herself with telekinesis or switches to her diamond form.

“You have had some training before, seems you're rusty though.”

“Years of having to endure the constant buzz of nosey guards while you try to get yourself some freedom from a manipulative control freak of a father would be wasted if I didn't learn a thing or two from them. Although all of us have separate battles to fight, some are on the front line while others are in more civilized environments. So what do you want me to assist you with?"

"Can't I just enjoy some eye candy dangling in front of me?" I asked her amusedly causing her to stop after taking down her final opponent and meet my gaze head-on.

"You know, although your thoughts might be shielded, occasional idle thoughts can still be picked up by an experienced telepath so I know you aren't here for a simple chat for now." Following her statement, Emma proceeded to my location where I made a couch for us to enjoy for our conversation.

"So, what do you need from me?"

"...Sigh*, I need your help dealing with something?" Emma just raised an eyebrow and let me continue talking to hear me out first.

"I need a mental and more human approach to dealing with trauma, possibly a therapist of sorts that I can trust somewhat."

"Hmm, how sure are you that possibly offer yourself on a silver platter that I won't just control you and make you my loyal slave?" I looked at her to see her curiosity deep down causing me to smirk and give her a simple answer.

"One is Eve, two I am better off as an ally than a ruthless enemy, three I am worth more value sane with free will than a mindless puppet on strings although we can try some kinky S&M play in a few years, lastly, if Irene trusts us being around each other, I will put my trust in you not violating my mental sanctity."

She chuckled before waving me off at first. Afterward, she flashed me a gentle smile that felt seemingly different from the rest she had given me until this point before she scooted over the couch and stretched her hands to caress my face gently.

"You know, not many would take such a risk to offer themselves to a powerful telepath with such trust. People are always afraid of us because they know we can easily find out their secrets or make them our puppets. Growing up, I always wanted a younger sister, someone different from my violent, sadistic elder sister Adrienne or my brother Christian who I had to cover up for most of the time. So why don't you call me big sister from now on as a welcome sign to the family as a thank you for all you've given me for now although you won't know how much I appreciate it." I looked at Emma in surprise after hearing her speak. Honestly, I wanted to object as I felt like I didn't do anything significant but boss everyone around for a while because after all, all this wasn't even a drop in the bucket but it seems I had done something that fixed something or solved a problem for her. A past scar, body modification, or physical injuries and diseases, that I did not know.

After mauling over for a while I just decided to nod my head for now and deal with the rest later causing her to hug me. Even if I did it to alleviate the feeling of being lost in the world that I had been suppressing, this was a new opportunity that I could exploit later in the future. Anyway, I asked to complete the details of this officially later as and continued our talk for another thirty or so minutes just lost in brainstorming for now. I gave her tips on how to use her telekinesis in a more creative and refined way for now and proceeded to continue our discussions on something we found mutual interest in; technology and fashion although I'm still not well versed in fashion trends as her but I have many ideas thats what matters. After this, I proceeded to leave both her and Raven in the training room after notifying them that they could train to their heart's content with the help of Eve and on the lack of proper kitchen amenities as I had yet to grow any edible food in the indoor garden and stock up the fridge before going back to babysit sleeping Natalia.

Finally I'm tired of this back and forth so the next chapter will have a time skip and continuation of the plot. Anyways thanks for all the support

patreon.com/DarkZzzeph

27