Chapter 24: The Undying Queen 3
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Calanis, the Elf Queen, has regained her strength after being released from her chains after a very long time. Her eyes are fixed on Aria and her team. Calanis turns her gaze to the woman in black behind her. "They're mine," she says, her tone like that of a woman used to giving orders. The woman in black doesn't move. She crosses her arms as she stands behind the Elf Queen.

Idris and Ophelia tremble in fear as they watch the Elf Queen approach them. Aria, steeling herself to be strong, holds the torch upright in front of her, gripping it tightly. Calanis stops just before the light of the torch reaches her. Suddenly, an arrow heads towards her, but the woman in black grabs the arrow just before it reaches Calanis. Then a few more arrows fly towards them, all deflected gracefully by the woman in black with her daggers. Calanis turns her eyes to the woman in black. "I thought I told you to stay back," she says in a sinister tone, warning the woman in black and showing ingratitude. The woman in black stares at Calanis, her hands trembling, causing her gauntlets to clank. After a few moments, she leaves Calanis and positions herself on a perch above, resigned to just observe. Aria and her team are surprised by the attack, but then they hear clanking noises behind them. When they turn around, they see the knight statues moving, a green glow emanating from within them. The stone covering their bodies slowly cracks and falls off. Aria and her team brace themselves and assume a defensive stance against the statues, but surprisingly, the statues move past them.

The knights move to attack Calanis, some nocking their bows, ready to fire at her. Calanis remains calm. As one knight stands in front of Calanis, it swings its sword without hesitation. But it is abruptly blocked by a shadowy being. Calanis smiles maliciously as she raises her hand. "Awaken," Calanis commands. Suddenly, shadowy beings rise from the shadows. A huge headless knight, a massive wolf beast, and a large bat-like creature. Towering over the stone knights, the headless knight swings its gigantic claymore, destroying the stone knights in one fell swoop. The huge bat-like creature destroys the archers from above, while the massive wolf guards Calanis. Aria and her team watch as the shadow beings demolish the help they thought they had, unable to move from their spot. Banging and clanking sounds echo throughout the room. In just a few moments, the room is now littered with the broken pieces of the stone knights. Once it's over, the shadow beings return to Calanis' side, ready for her beck and call. Calanis turns her gaze to Aria and her team. "You won't be getting out of here alive," her sinister tone sends chills down Idril and Ophelia's spines, and realizing it might be true, they begin to tremble again. Aria notices this and stops them from being afraid. "They won't be able to hurt us as long as we stay here in the light," Aria declares, referring to the Lunaria's Hope. But the Headless Knight moves to the exit, blocking it. Idril and Ophelia feel a sense of hopelessness about their chances of survival. "I don't want to die," Idril cries, falling to his knees, trembling in fear. "Please just let us go," Ophelia begs for mercy, her voice trembling with fear. Calanis smiles. "Of course, my dear, as long as you ask for my mercy, who am I not to grant it?" Calanis states, her eyes fixed on Aria. "I'll let you both go, if you give me the white-haired girl," Calanis proclaims, referring to Aria. Idril and Ophelia look at one another, then they gaze at Aria. "Don't listen to her! You know she's lying!" Aria tries to convince her teammates. "I'm sorry!" Idril apologizes to Aria as he holds Aria's arms. "Don't do it, Idril!" Aria pleads. "I don't want to die here, I'm so sorry!" Ophelia cries, now desperate, takes the torch from Aria's hand and throws it on the floor, snuffing out the flame. Calanis' red eyes glow in excitement as the scene unfolds, her malicious grin reaches from ear to ear. "Well done, my children," Calanis claps her hands as she gets closer to them. "Please, let us go, you can have her!" Idril bows on the floor, pleading to the Elf Queen. Ophelia does the same as she cries in the hopes she might be saved. Now, Calanis stands in front of them, Aria and her team now completely vulnerable.

Gazing at Idril and Ophelia, who are surrounded, Calanis suddenly lifts them both up with her hands, choking them. Aria is surprised, but she knew this was going to happen. Idril and Ophelia struggle to breathe as they are lifted up by Calanis, pleading for their lives. "I will give you both the freedom you deserve," Calanis proclaims, her perverted smile showing as she enjoys this kind of entertainment. She opens her mouth, revealing her elongated canines, ready to devour Idril. But Aria will not stand idly by. She quickly takes out a vial from her satchel. With the lantern on her belt containing the holy fire, Aria pours her concoction, causing the lantern to be lit with a bright white light, transforming it into "Lunaria's Hope." As Calanis is about to devour Idril, the bright white light blinds her and burns her skin. She shouts and writhes in pain, releasing Idril and Ophelia. She steps back, shouting at her minions, "Kill them all!" Aria quickly takes the torch from the floor and lights another Lunaria's Hope. She hands it to Ophelia, who is still recovering from their brush with death. "Take this! We can get out of here alive!" Ophelia looks at Aria and thinks for a moment, realizing what she has done to Aria and regretting it. She takes the torch from Aria and slowly stands up. "Idril, don't give up!" Aria tries to give Idril hope. Idril, reflecting on his actions, looks into Aria's sincere and determined eyes. He feels disgust at himself for betraying the person who believed in him. Replacing his fear with determination, he slowly stands up and picks up his bow. 

"How dare you defy the Queen!" Calanis, angry and with burnt skin, shouts at Aria and her team. The large bat-like shadow creature sweeps towards Aria and her team, its clawed feet ready to pounce. Idril and Ophelia brace themselves, preparing for the attack. But as the bat-like creature enters the range of Lunaria's Hope, the shadow claws disperse in the light. The creature shrieks in pain as it retreats. "They can't touch us here," Aria reassures her team. Idril and Ophelia sigh in relief. "Don't be so sure, girl!" Calanis, still smoking from her burnt skin, angrily retorts at Aria. "Get ready, guys!" Aria senses an incoming attack and warns her team. Idril nocks an arrow, and Ophelia readies her wand. Suddenly, the bat-like shadow creature picks up some broken pieces of the stone knights and throws them at Aria and her team. "Dodge it!" Aria shouts as they try to evade the attack and disperse. Ophelia, holding a torch, becomes separated from the group and trembles nervously as she realizes this. "Don't let go of the torch, Ophelia!" Aria shouts as she and Idril are on the other side, opposite of where Ophelia is. Now alone, Ophelia becomes the target of the huge shadow wolf, which mobilizes from Calanis' side and approaches her menacingly. "We need to counterattack," Aria says to Idril. "I'll help Ophelia, use this." Aria whispers and gives Idril her lantern, then runs straight to Ophelia. "Wait, what about you?!" Idril shouts at Aria as she goes without any protection. Clutching some of her tools, Aria throws smoke cans near Ophelia. But Calanis, seeing Aria without the light protection, seizes the opportunity and flies towards her. Smoke envelops the area, but the huge wolf, with its keen sense of smell, follows Ophelia's scent. "Run towards Idril, Ophelia!" Aria shouts as they are covered in smoke. Ophelia then runs towards where Idril is, but it won't be easy as the wolf blocks her path. Ophelia, now annoyed at being helpless, gets riled up. "Out of my way, dog!" She shoots firebolts at the shadow being, but they pass through it. However, since Ophelia has the torch, the wolf can't attack her.

Meanwhile, Idril keeps dodging the huge bat-like creature's attacks with projectile objects. He tries to shoot his elemental arrows, but they have no effect. But in a moment of realization, Idril looks at his lantern. Seeing Ophelia's predicament, he laces one of his arrowheads with oil and attaches Lunaria's Hope to it.

As the smoke clears, Ophelia couldn't advance, but then she sees an arrow of light heading towards the wolf. Without time to react, the wolf gets bombarded with light arrows. The huge wolf howls in pain as it disperses and vanishes from the holy light. Ophelia is relieved and looks at Idril to thank him, but she sees an incoming attack headed towards Idril. "Elfboy, watch out!" Ophelia shouts with all her might! Idril sees the attack incoming, but it is too late. Before he can dodge, debris hits his abdomen and legs, also breaking the lantern and extinguishing it. Idril writhes in pain as he rolls to the ground. The huge bat-like creature dashes to swoop in at Idril. In a surge of adrenaline, Ophelia, holding the torch, musters her courage and tries something she has never done before. Using her wand, she takes some of the holy light from the torch and shoots a bolt of holy light at the bat-like shadow creature. The bat is hit square in the face, just a few feet before it could reach Idril. Ophelia runs towards him to help him. "Hey, don't die yet!" Ophelia exclaims, feeling a mix of annoyance and embarrassment as she realizes she feels sympathy for the elf archer boy. Idril is still writhing in pain, but he whispers, "Where is Alice?" Ophelia, now realizing where Alice is, turns to look around as the smoke slowly disperses. But their hearts sink when they see Aria, whom they knew as Alice, and Calanis, who is embracing her, her fangs sinking into Aria's flesh, draining her blood from her neck.

0