The Man
52 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You good, kid?" The mysterious man asked me.

"Uh... yeah, I'm okay," William said, wondering who this man was.

"I'm Nikolai Romanovai... and you are?" Nikolai asked William.

"I'm William... William Mystiquill," William answered the man's question.

"I was just observing this big guy when you showed up... What are you doing here anyway?" Nikolai questioned me.

"I was just looking for my friends and got lost," William said sheepishly.

"What is he doing observing that thing... wait, Observe!" William remembered his skill.

[??][Nikolai Romanovai]

[????]

'I got nothing but his name, which I already knew.'

"What are you doing observing that?" William asked.

"I'm a magical beast hunter. I hunt magical beasts and sell them," Nikolai replied.

"Anyway, you should go back home; it's getting late."

The sound of twigs breaking could be heard behind William. Nikolai pulled out his wand and pointed at where the sound came from. The sound of footsteps could be heard, and

"Norewen, Grenda, it's you two," William said relieved it's not another big frog.

"Your friends?" Nikolai asked.

"Yes, they are my friends," William answered.

"William, where have you been?" Norewen asked me.

"And what was that bright yellow light?" Grenda asked.

Nikolai seemed shocked at how deep Grenda's voice was.

"I got lost while looking for you guys, and the light, I don't know what that light was," William said as he answered them, 'They saw it too.'

"Well, you kids should go home now; it's getting late," Nikolai said.

"Guess it is getting late; we can play tomorrow," Grenda said.

"Yeah, guess so. Sorry, guys," William said.

"It's okay," Norewen said a bit excited.

"What got you excited for?" William asked, wondering.

"Haven't you heard? Today Miss Mary is going to eat on our floor," Norewen said.

William had no clue what Norewen was talking about until he looked through his new memories. Miss Mary eats with one floor every day, and today was their floor, and Miss Mary eats with elegance.

"Wait, it's today?!" Grenda asked.

"Obviously, haven't you been counting?" Norewen said.

"No, of course not; we need to go back immediately. Miss Mary does not like anyone being late!" Grenda said, panicking, and started sprinting.

"Grenda, wait! We still have a lot of time!" Norewen said as he started to follow her.

William and Nikolai were left behind. "Well, you better follow those two," Nikolai said.

"I really should," William said as he followed Grenda and Norewen.

It took them only a couple of minutes to get back to the orphanage.

"How? I was lost in the forest for hours!" William said a bit agitated.

"William, I think you were just walking in circles," Norewen said.

They entered the orphanage and went to the elevator. Grenda pressed the floor 925 button. It only took them a couple of seconds to get to their floor.

"We got 1 hour and 30 minutes until we eat, so get ready," Norewen said as he left with Grenda.

"I should go check on Purrlock," William said as he walked towards his room.

William goes to his room, opens his door, and sees Purrlock sitting in front of the expansive-looking mirror.

As William opened the door, Purrlock looked at William and said, "Took you long enough."

"You already learned to talk? Figured it would take you longer," William said, shocked at how fast Purrlock learned to talk.

"Trust me, kid, I thought the same thing. Anyways, did you see a bright yellow light?" Purrlock asked.

William nodded. "Did you know what that light was?" William asked.

"Well, I think it's the mirror that did it," Purrlock answered.

"How could a mirror make a bright yellow light?" William asked.

Purrlock started to explain what happened.

"So, it made your wish come true?" William questioned.

"My problem was that I can't talk, and now I can talk, so yeah," Purrlock answered.

"I got memories of... this body. Was that my problem?" William said.

"Guess it seems like a problem," Purrlock said.

William looked confused as he looked toward the mirror. "Uncle, now that you can talk, can you answer some of my questions?" William asked.

"Sure, ask away," Purrlock said.

"Did you see a blue box when you were dying?" William asked.

"Yeah, it said I have obtained the right to become a member of the players' party. Did you get the same thing?" Purrlock said.

"No, mine said I have obtained the right to become a player," William said.

"Is it because you died before me?" Purrlock questioned.

"Maybe... wait, I got a skill called Observe. It tells me information about the thing I use it on. Do you know something about it?" William asked.

"Hmmm..." Purrlock was thinking. "I think I read a comic about something like this. The MC dies, and a blue box appears and asks if they want to become a player. They get a superpower that makes their life a video game. Observe is a skill they learn from doing something that tells them information about the thing they use it on, and they level up and get stat points from doing stuff," Purrlock said.

"Should I use Observe on the mirror?" William asked.

"Yep, I'm curious what that mirror is," Purrlock said.

William uses Observe on the mirror.

[??][Astral Wishing Mirror]

[a mirror born from a distant star offers wishes, yet harbors an intriguing paradox. Its gleaming surface, infused with celestial energy, grants only one wish. Its stellar origin, the mirror's singular boon introduces a cosmic contradiction — a clash between infinite potential and a solitary desire. Aware that the radiant magic of the star binds their yearning to a single, everlasting wish.]

"It seems like it's a mirror that grants a wish only once," William said.

"Astral Wishing Mirror. That's an odd name," Purrlock said.

"Can you see the blue box?" William asked.

"Yeah. Well, that solves that mystery. You have any more questions?

"Yes, I do. I got something called AGI from Waking Down the Stairs. You know what AGI is?" William asked.

"I think it's short for Agility... Did you see that blue box appear when the yellow light came?" Purrlock said.

"Yeah, I got a title from it. It was Forever Companions. You got something like that too?" William asked.

"Yep, I got the same title, and I got a Promotion," Purrlock said.

"What does the title do?" William asked.

"The titles give buffs," Purrlock answered.

"How do I use them?" William asked.

"Just think of it," Purrlock answered.

William did as Purrlock told him to do. The blue box appeared in front of him.

-Stats-

HP/Hit Points MP/Magic Points SP/Stamina Points

Name: William Mystiquill (The Gamer)

Class: Civilian

Age: 11

Title: Forever Companions

Level: 1

HP: 165/165 MP: 180/180 SP: 225/225

-Primary Stats-

Strength - 3 (+10)

Vitality - 3 (+10)

Dexterity - 4 (+10)

Agility - 15 (+10)

Intelligence - 13 (+10)

Magic - 6 (+10)

Wisdom - 8 (+10)

Stat Points - 0

Galleon - 0

Special Stats - Locked (To see the special stats at least one of them must be unlocked. Unlocking these stats requires certain actions or reaching specific conditions. Different stats are unlocked with different methods.)

-Skills-

  1. Gamer's Mind - Passive (Max):

Gamer's Mind is one of the skills granted to the player by the system. It allows the user to calmly and logically think things through. Allows a peaceful state of mind. This skill also provides Immunity to mental disorders. Gamer's Mind is a skill that's already obtained and maxed.

  1. Gamer's Body - Passive (Max):

Gamer's Body is one of the skills granted to the player by the system. While this skill grants a body that allows the user to live the real world like a game, it has certain limitations. Cuts and bruises will be healed based on the physical stats of the user. The user receives minimal physical damage from blunt force attacks, only pain for a few seconds and a loss of HP. But piercing and stabbing attacks have a limited effect on the gamer's body. Sleeping in a bed restores HP, CP, SP. The Gamer's Body is a passive skill that is already obtained and maxed.

  1. Gaia's Blessing - Passive (Max):

The great God Gaia has blessed you and bestowed on you a special ability. Gaia's blessing will ensure that you will always be strong and healthy in your lifetime.

  1. Permanent Effect:

All diseases, poisons, and negative status effects are healed. Sleeping increases regeneration. Sleeping in a bed increases regeneration severalfold.

  1. Observe - Active (LV.1 (85%)):

A skill to find the target's information. Observe is obtained through continuous observation. A higher level of the skill reveals more information about the target.

"You got high Agility and Intelligence," Purrlock said.

"Do I just click on the title to see what it does?" William asked.

"Yep," Purrlock said.

William pressed the title button.

-Title-

Forever Companions - When near another party member, the party members get a +10 on all stats. The party members can only die if both the member (Purrlock) and leader (William) die at the same time.

"Does this basically make us Horcrux for one another?" William asked.

"Guess so. I wonder if I can do that too," Purrlock said as he did the same thing William did.

-Stats-

HP/Hit Points MP/Magic Points SP/Stamina Points

Name: Purrlock

Class: Companion

Age: 11

Title: Forever Companions

Level: 7

HP: 120/120 MP: 95/95 SP: 230/230

-Primary Stats-

Strength - 5 (+10)

Vitality - 3 (+10)

Dexterity - 8 (+10)

Agility - 16 (+10)

Intelligence - 20 (+10)

Magic - 2 (+10)

Wisdom - 13 (+10)

"You try and figure this out; I got to find something," William said.

"Find what?" Purrlock asked.

"My Hogwarts letter," William said.

William went toward his bed and under it, removed a wooden plank. Underneath, he found a letter with the Hogwarts seal. He took it, and as Purrlock went near him to see, William opened the letter and read it out loud.

Dear Mr. Mystiquill,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely, Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmaster

-First-Year students will require: Uniform: ~Three sets of plain work robes (black) ~One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear ~One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) ~One winter cloak (black with silver fastenings) Books: ~The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk ~A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot ~Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling ~A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch ~One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore ~Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger ~Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander ~The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble Other Equipment: ~One Wand ~One Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) ~One set of Glass or Crystal phials ~One telescope ~One set of brass scales ~Students may bring, if desired, an owl, a cat, or a toad. PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS First-years will be joining in on these seven core subjects: ~Potions ~Transfiguration ~Herbology ~Astronomy ~Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA) ~Charms ~History of Magic Flying lessons will be given until the second year.-

Yours sincerely, Lucinda Thomsonicle-Pocus Chief Attendant of Witchcraft Provisions

"I remember I already sent an owl, so we don't need to worry about that," William said.

"Okay, but William, how are we gonna afford your stuff?" Purrlock asked.

"Not a clue. I can ask Miss Mary about it; she is having dinner with our floor," William said.

"We should be going now to eat; we got 30 minutes left. Let's go," William said.

 

1