Chapter 38: Bath
675 6 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two talked for a few more hours as they drank. The topics were simple, such as how Shizune became so attached to Kushina, and the two were inseparable. How Kushina seemed to be doing better. The three spent a lot of time with Mito, so she always came up in the conversation.

Yujin didn't talk about Mito's plan; he respected her decision not to give Tsunade hope without being sure that everything would work out.

Hours later, the two were a bit tipsy. Yujin remembered a topic he wanted to discuss with Tsunade. However, he couldn't be too direct.

"You know, I find the clothes people wear in this world strange. I still haven't gotten used to the clothes I bought, and I plan to ask a tailor to make custom clothes for me. What do you think?"

Tsunade looked at Yujin, specifically at the outfit he was wearing. He had on a dark blue jacket over a white shirt and long black pants, a relatively simple outfit that suited him well.

"You look good in that outfit, what's the problem?"

Yujin was pleased with the compliment but still decided to order some custom clothes later.

"I don't know, it's different. I'll show you what the clothes I used to wear looked like. Do you have paper and pen?"

Tsunade got up to get some sheets and a pen. While Yujin focused on drawing, Tsunade asked.

"But why the sudden interest in clothes? You didn't seem to care about your outfit when you bought it."

Yujin continued drawing the clothes he used to wear and replied.

"It's uncomfortable. I can't explain. The way it fits on my body, the way I wear it. For example, I had shirts like this."

He then showed a drawing of a T-shirt with something resembling buttons.

"I wore shirts like this. They're open, and I put them on, and then I button them up. They're a bit loose, which I found more comfortable when I'm moving. The pants were also looser. Anyway, it's uncomfortable."

Tsunade had never seen Yujin in such clothes, so she imagined him in them, but she wasn't sure.

"I don't know... I think you look good the way you are. If it's about mobility, I don't think it hinders you."

"Yeah, it doesn't hinder, but it's a bit uncomfortable."

Yujin continued drawing more clothing models during the conversation, and he remembered something else.

"Another thing I noticed is that people in this world usually have shorter hair. What do you think?"

He grabbed his waist-length braid and showed it to her. Tsunade looked at him with narrowed eyes, finding the conversation strange but responded.

"I think it depends on the person; it's not like there aren't men with long hair. Jiraiya is one of them. But your hair..."

She then took Yujin's hair and was surprised. His hair was quite oily, and she could see various parts where the strands were broken.

"Don't you wash your hair?"

"Sometimes, I usually keep it tied up."

Yujin quickly took his hair away from Tsunade's hand when he saw that she didn't seem to like what she saw. She then realized something important: there was no bathroom in Yujin's house.

"Where do you take a bath?"

"At home, I use a wet cloth to wipe off the sweat, and sometimes I wash my hair with tap water."

Tsunade narrowed her eyes again and finally realized that Yujin hadn't taken a proper bath since she met him. He didn't have shampoo or soap to wash himself either. She approached him and started to smell him but didn't detect a bad smell. When she realized what she had done, she quickly backed away and coughed slightly, embarrassed.

"You need to take better care of yourself, take a proper bath, wash your hair, and so on. By the way, why do you let your hair grow if you don't bother taking care of it?"

Yujin grabbed his hair and briefly measured the length. He then explained.

"It's a custom where I come from. Most men cut their hair once it passes their shoulders. But in the Martial Arts society, when you start training, you let your hair grow without limits. It's a way to show how much you've trained. The longer your hair, the longer your training. My master's hair reached the floor. Not that it matters anymore, I guess."

He then lost himself in thought. Long hair is a cultural custom where he comes from, but that culture no longer exists in the world he's in. In a way, it seemed important to cut it, a symbol of a new beginning.

"Maybe I should cut it."

"You don't have to cut it if you don't want to. There are people with long hair here; it's not strange. What's strange is you not taking a bath with shampoo for your hair and soap for your body."

When she saw that he seemed a bit sad about the idea of cutting his hair, she quickly tried to stop him and gave advice on what to do.

"Shampoo and soap... I've read those words in a book before. Do they serve to clean yourself? I'm not sure."

"You use shampoo to remove the oiliness from your hair and clean it. Soap cleans the sweat from your body and dirt. At the same time, both products will make you smell good. Then you use a bit of conditioner to moisturize your hair."

Yujin paid attention to her words, memorizing everything she said. Tsunade suddenly had an idea, and she smiled.

"How about you take a bath for the first time in a bathtub today? My house has a huge bathtub, and I have shampoo, conditioner, and soap."

He didn't seem against the idea, so the two went to Tsunade's bathroom, which was indeed large as she had said. To the right, there were two sinks side by side, with various beauty products that Yujin had seen before scattered around; baskets full of dirty clothes, and some machines that Yujin didn't know. A huge mirror above the sinks; something that still amazes Yujin as that was very expensive in his old world.

There were some benches to sit on to the left, and two closed cabinets that he didn't know what was inside. The rest of the bathroom was occupied by a huge bathtub, which was currently empty. It was so huge that, if he laid down on it, there was space for six more of him.

Tsunade approached the empty bathtub and started fiddling with a hole in the floor. She covered the hole with an item and stepped back. She turned several taps next to the bathtub, and the water began to flow. There was so much water coming in that he was surprised at how easy it was to fill the bathtub.

He realized that the water was already warm since the room temperature started to rise, and steam began to appear in the bathroom.

"Five minutes, and the bath will be ready. Come on, let me show you something."

Tsunade then showed him the shampoo, conditioner, and soap. After briefly explaining how to use them,  she left the bathroom and closed the door.

It didn't take long for the water to fill up, and Yujin took off his clothes. He was about to enter the bathtub when he heard from outside the door.

"Hey, don't get into the water right away; first, wet your body with water and soap up your body!"

Yujin knew Tsunade was nearby, but he didn't expect her to be paying attention to his bath.

"How did you know I was going to get into the water?"

On the other side of the door, Tsunade was left speechless, embarrassed by her actions. She had been listening carefully to the sounds in the bathroom and noticed that he was going to get into the water when she heard the sounds of footsteps moving away from the entrance. She just wanted to make sure he was going to take a bath correctly but forgot to mention all the details he needed to know.

Hesitating a bit, she remained silent, and when she heard Yujin again walking toward the bathtub, she explained.

"I'm just making sure you'll take a bath properly. Now listen to me, first, close the taps so that the water stops filling the bathtub."

After hearing the sound of water disappear, she continued.

"Then, fill a basin with water from the shower and pour the water over your body."

"Shower? What's a shower?"

Tsunade was getting frustrated. She had to guide him through the bathroom door, and for that, she needed to almost shout so that he can hear. Taking a deep breath, she tried to calm down, remembering that Shizune was still sleeping, and she couldn't be shouting; not knowing that she didn't need to shout in the first place since Yujin had senses far above normal.

Hesitating a bit, she considered all the options she had, and finally made a decision.

"Cover your lower part with a towel; I'm coming in."

She heard him walking a bit, and seconds later, he spoke.

"Ready."

She then slowly opened the door and looked carefully inside. When she saw that Yujin was properly covered, she sighed, entered the bathroom, and closed the door.

For a moment, the two stood silently looking at each other.

***

Yes, Yujin hasn't taken baths in public bathrooms until now because I wanted to write this scene. Do you have a problem with that? If you have a problem, make your complaint by calling 5

41