Chapter 46: The Attack I
822 9 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You know, I went to read a Pokemon fanfic, and it hurt my eyes. The fanfic has 35 million views, and the author is clearly inexperienced, switching from first to third person without any reason. The guy also writes huge paragraphs with almost no punctuation, it hurts too much to read, but it has 1300 chapters, bizarre. I'll just keep trying to read because it's the biggest Pokemon fanfic I found.

In the end, I gave up, too difficult.

I wanted to say that, as I mentioned before in the synopsis, I'm not a Naruto expert. I did my research, but maybe I'm wrong. For example, I believe that currently, it's the reign of the Third Raikage, Second Tsuchikage, and Second Mizukage, but I could be wrong.

I'm using various sources of information to infer what happened, like the wiki, and using a timeline made by a fan that I believe to be credible. In this timeline, the current year of the story is the 53rd year since the founding of the Leaf Village, Tsunade is 26 years old, soon turning 27. We are at the end of the Second Great Ninja War. The Third Hokage is at his peak strength. The Third Raikage will die in the next few years in the Third Great Ninja War. Onoki, the Third Tsuchikage, will replace the second when he dies in the fight against the Second Mizukage, in about three years. Minato and Kushina are twelve years old. Twelve years later, Naruto is born. Might Duy is one year younger than Tsunade, and Might Guy is three years old. Kakashi is two years old.

If you are interested in the timeline I'm using, if you search on Google "Timeline naruto," it's the second link, to a site with a link starting with "keepyourpants." If you find any errors in the story, let me know in the comments, but the goal is to avoid this kind of thing as much as possible in the future. I don't want to waste time researching the story deeply and focus more on my protagonist and his story.

***

"I don't know, there's nothing to compare. How about you tell me a little about our enemies?"

Tsunade drank another glass of sake and then began to explain about Kumogakure, the Hidden Cloud Village. She explained that it was one of the five great ninja villages, the title of the village leader being Raikage, and how they are famous for their lightning ninjutsu.

"The Third Raikage, current leader of Kumogakure, is known as the most powerful Raikage in history. Sensei once told me that it would be difficult to defeat him in battle. He is tall, strong, and fast. Known for using a lightning-style ninjutsu capable of creating a kind of armor around his body, making him even faster and stronger."

"What is lightning style?"

Upon hearing the question, Tsunade was surprised. She looked into Yujin's eyes, and seconds later, realized something.

"Lightning is electricity... Wasn't there electricity in your time?"

When Yujin shook his head, she thought for a second and said.

"Lightning appears in nature during storms. When it rains heavily, have you ever seen a light falling to the ground, making a loud noise?"

"You mean thunderbolt?"

Tsunade nodded, again impressed at how he lived in, perhaps, a much more primitive time. She already knew that, but every time he asked something that was obvious to her, she became even more impressed.

"Yes, lightning style is that. Lightning is actually electricity... I wouldn't know how to explain to you what electricity is without starting to talk about a bunch of things you wouldn't understand, but basically, if you touch electricity, you feel your whole body convulse and go numb. At high intensity, electricity can pierce and burn things easily. Therefore, if you see someone using lightning style, I recommend not letting it come into contact with your body."

Tsunade then realized that Yujin was still quite ignorant of how ninjas fought if he didn't even know about lightning style. With a possible battle in a few hours, she decided to spend the rest of their free time explaining to him how ninjas fought. That way, he would be ready for a possible battle.

***

All the military force present in the village was mobilized for the Nine-Tails Fox's passing ritual to the new Jinchuuriki, Uzumaki Kushina. Sensor ninjas watched over the region, the barrier was working at maximum capacity, Anbu protected other important locations, citizens were warned that there could be an attack.

The ritual would be performed in a secret underground facility of the village, and the two most important people, Uzumaki Mito and Uzumaki Kushina, were already present making preparations.

The village's greatest military power, in the figure of the Hokage, Sarutobi Hiruzen, was present at the site supervising the preparations for the ritual and the security of the location.

To ensure the success of the ritual, Hiruzen spread Konoha's military force among six strategic locations, with constant communication between the locations. The aim was not to make the location of the ritual too obvious, so that the enemies would also divide their forces. At the same time, he also ensured that some important locations, containing important people and information, were also properly protected.

He couldn't focus solely on the ritual and forget that he had a village to defend. At any moment during the invasion, they could change their target. The village had many valuable things, such as the Byakugan and Sharingan dojutsus, as well as important people with information, and locations containing valuable items.

His Nara clan strategist had spent the last few days thinking about all the possibilities, and that's why the orders he gave were concise and meticulous, leaving no room for error. This was a critical day for the village. Even a direct attack on civilians was predicted, with a developed action plan for the possibility.

Yujin and Tsunade arrived at the location and saw people moving around. The two quickly made their way to Hiruzen, who greeted them with a smile.

"I see you've arrived. The preparations are going well, but stay alert."

The two nodded, then went to Mito and Kushina, who were busy with the ritual preparations. They stood nearby, observing, but not interfering. Seeing how busy they were, Yujin looked at Tsunade and spoke in a low voice, careful not to disrupt the preparations.

"Should we stay here? I think we should be outside, ready for a possible attack. It seems pretty secure in here already."

Tsunade looked at Yujin, then at Mito, her mind worried not about the attack, but about what the ritual meant. Even though Yujin had reassured her several times, she still couldn't help but feel anxious. Seeing her like this, Yujin sighed and remained silent.

If his words weren't enough, only Mito could calm her down.

***

While defense preparations were underway in Konoha, somewhere near the village, two men met.

One of them was tall and muscular, with tan skin and long blond hair. The other was also tall but hid almost his entire body behind many bandages, only his two eyes and nose visible on his face.

"So, the Mizukage didn't come, huh..."

The blond man commented disdainfully, thinking that the man in question wasn't man enough. The bandaged man replied, equally disdainful.

"It must be because of my presence, but it doesn't matter. We're enough."

The blond man is the Third Raikage, leader of Kumogakure, the Hidden Cloud Village, named "A." The bandaged man is the Second Tsuchikage, leader of Iwagakure, the Hidden Stone Village, named "Mu."

The Raikage discovered, through intelligence reports, that the situation of the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki, Uzumaki Mito, was not optimistic, and how she was preparing to perform the ritual to pass the fox to a new Jinchuuriki. He obtained this information with only one day left until the ritual, so initially, he didn't plan to do anything, as an attack on Konoha's base would be difficult with only a day's preparation.

However, the ritual was postponed for a few days, giving the Raikage time to prepare. He wanted to launch a heavy attack to disrupt the ritual, but knew it would be difficult with just Kumogakure. The Third Hokage was no weaker than the Second, and the village as a whole had people like the Three Sannin, Hatake Sakumo, as well as the Hyuga and Uchiha clans, with their powerful dojutsus.

It's no wonder Konoha is currently the most powerful ninja village.

He then thought of bringing more villages into this attack and sent messages to Iwagakure and Kirigakure, hoping to establish a temporary alliance for the attack.

Mu, the Second Tsuchikage of Iwagakure, gave a positive response, while the Mizukage was ambiguous, seemingly hesitant about the attack. In the end, he decided not to move.

With the two villages united in the attack, they discussed each one's role using the information they had obtained. They found an unusual concentration of troops in six different places and decided to set up six mixed teams from the two villages to attack those six locations.

The Raikage and the Tsuchikage stayed behind, waiting for them to find the location of the Hokage and the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki, ready to move at any moment.

"What are the chances of the Mizukage taking advantage and stabbing us in the back?"

The Raikage asked the Tsuchikage. He knew that the Second Tsuchikage was a smart and meticulous man, so he wanted to know his opinion on one of the concerns he had about this attack.

"Gengetsu is an idiot, he wouldn't do something like that. He'll stay out, thinking that we'll have a conflict with many losses on all sides, and therefore he'll have the advantage in the future. Idiot."

The Raikage grunted in agreement. When he decided to call Kirigakure and Iwagakure for the attack, he took into account the personalities of the two Kages, as he didn't want to complicate the situation. He knew that Mu would accept the invitation, as they had a somewhat friendly relationship, and he was smart enough to see the importance of this event.

At the same time, he didn't know what to expect from Gengetsu, but he knew that, regardless of what he chose, it wouldn't be bad. If Gengetsu chose to help in the battle, things would be easier, although there was an uncertain factor because of the strained relationship he had with Mu.

If he didn't choose to join the battle, being an honorable person, he wouldn't think of making a cowardly attack from behind.

Therefore, no matter what happens, the Raikage wasn't too worried. He was satisfied, therefore, that the Tsuchikage had a similar opinion.

32