Chapter 2: Tsunade
1.9k 10 69
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After exchanging greetings, silence dominated the cave. Neither of them knew how to start the conversation. Yujin, because he was respecting Tsunade's feelings. He wanted to wait for her to organize her emotions. Tsunade, because she wanted to understand Yujin's intentions, which didn't make much sense to her.

Reflecting on the situation, Tsunade began to realize how strange it was. The fact that she was in the midst of a battle with other ninjas should have been enough to keep normal people away.

She couldn't sense any trace of Yujin's chakra.

Another strange point was the fact that he managed to carry her away even under attack from other ninjas. How did he accomplish that? Perhaps her allies helped him escape?

But then why did her allies help? Did they see a civilian carrying her away, and instead of trying to save her, they helped her escape?

Tsunade couldn't understand because she didn't know the situation at that moment. The loss of Dan made her disconnect from the battle. If it weren't for her allies protecting her, she would have died from an enemy attack.

Feeling a headache, she also recalled how Yujin seemed to have somehow knocked her out. How did a normal civilian do that?

Obviously, he's not a normal civilian.

Tsunade made an effort to try to sense any chakra that Yujin might be hiding, but found nothing. If she didn't know what happened, she would think he's just a normal young man with a muscular body.

"What are you doing? I feel something running through my body."

Tsunade's thoughts were interrupted by Yujin's words, who felt Tsunade's actions, surprising her. At the same time, her guard increased. A normal person shouldn't be able to sense her discreet actions.

"You... Are you a ninja?"

Yujin put his hand on his chin upon hearing the question, intrigued. A ninja? Where did he hear that before? The word sounded familiar to him.

Searching his memories, he remembered his master once telling him that in the east, there was an island where feudal lords employed people called ninjas. The island was called Nippon, and ninjas were known for their exceptional battle skills, as well as their tactics of assassination, reconnaissance, and information gathering.

"No, I'm not a ninja. Why do you ask?"

Tsunade observed Yujin carefully, especially his eyes, hoping to find the truth, but could only sense sincerity in his words and actions.

"You were able to sense my chakra examining you earlier, that's not normal. Usually, only chakra experts can do that, so I asked if you're a ninja."

Tsunade's words again intrigued Yujin. What is chakra? And what does that have to do with being a ninja? After pondering her words for a while, he could only ask.

"What is chakra?"

It's not like every civilian knows what chakra is, so Tsunade didn't find the question strange. Raising her hands, she began to focus the chakra in her, finally releasing a kind of green energy around her. Seeing the glow in Tsunade's hands, Yujin's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Is that chakra? Hm... It looks a bit like Qi, but I can't release it outside my body, intriguing."

He had never seen anything like it before.

In the world he came from, there is a concept called Qi, which is an internal energy that runs through the body. This energy can do things like strengthen the body in various ways and even indirectly affect the world around. For example, when Yujin releases his Qi, some sensitive people can feel his power, even if they have never practiced martial arts.

If he intends to kill, his Qi takes on a different property, causing weak-hearted people to feel intense fear to the point of fainting.

Some techniques learned from his master, and some he even created himself, can make Qi travel outside his body and enter the opponent's body, causing internal damage.

But what he was seeing was completely different. The energy seemed to turn into light, and it was possible to see and even feel it. When he approached to take a closer look, he even felt some warmth emanating from the energy.

Impressive!!

Gently holding Tsunade's hand, he pulled it and placed it on his face, feeling the warmth on his skin.

It was very comforting.

Tsunade was shocked by Yujin's action, and after a few seconds of shock, quickly pulled away.

Seeing her reaction, Yujin quickly understood that it was impolite of him and knelt down. Placing one hand over a clenched fist, he apologized.

"I apologize for the rudeness. I was so impressed with your magic that for a moment, I forgot it was the lady's hand. As an apology, I will do anything you want."

Tsunade was only a little uncomfortable with Yujin's action; she understood that he did it unintentionally.

"Don't worry about it, I understand. It's the first time you've seen something like this."

Silence returned to the cave. Yujin was trying to understand the difference between "chakra" and the Qi he had. He could sense energy in Tsunade's body, but it was something he had never felt before.

Although different from Qi, the two energies are still similar in the fact that they are inside the body and can be moved by will.

Tsunade, on the other hand, began to think about what to do next.

She is a ninja from the Leaf Village, part of the medical squad, although she also has high combat power. She is famous, known to be one of the Third Hokage's three disciples.

Currently, there is a war going on, the Second Ninja World War.

As the best medical ninja in the Leaf Village, she had the duty to move through the battlefield. Fighting and saving lives.

In the midst of this movement, she received news that Dan's squad was under attack, on the verge of annihilation. Without thinking twice, she ran towards him bringing reinforcements, but when she arrived, it was already too late.

Dan was Tsunade's boyfriend; she firmly believed that they would one day get married.

Unfortunately, war takes away all the good things in the world.

Whether by taking the lives of good people or destroying the goodness in people.

Now, even though she knew she should go back to the front to save more lives, she couldn't. The image of Dan's life slowly fading away couldn't leave her mind.

Although she thought she had cried enough, thinking about what happened, tears again streamed down the beautiful woman's face.

It was at that moment that Yujin, who had been silent, began to sing a strange song softly.

Tsunade couldn't understand any of the words he was singing, but listening to the tone of his voice, she could feel the melancholy and anguish behind it, so she listened in silence.

The song continued for many minutes, and Tsunade cried silently as she listened. At the end of the song, the tears seemed to have dried, and she couldn't help but ask.

"What song is this?"

Without looking at Tsunade, Yujin answered.

"It's a song from my homeland. My mother used to sing it to calm me when soldiers passed through the village with weapons in hand. It's one of the few things I remember about her."

It has been 18 years since the death of his mother and father. Yujin could no longer remember the faces of his parents. He only recalled some things he experienced with them, some words that were etched in his mind, and this song.

Before the attack on the village, it was common for soldiers of the feudal lord to pass through the village. They would always cause trouble, attacking some people, stealing. Yujin and his family would hide in their house, and they were never attacked, but whenever the soldiers stopped in the village, screams from people in the village could be heard, and that frightened him.

When this happened, the only thing that could calm him was the sweet voice of his mother singing a song. The one she sang the most was the one he sang to Tsunade. He didn't sing the song to calm her specifically; it's just that this situation reminded him of the song, and on impulse, he decided to sing it.

"Thank you."

Tsunade spoke in a low voice, but Yujin did not respond.

69