Chapter 16 Euvialin*
151 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Euvialin

 

"Ohh, Euvialin, why are you staying out late at night? It's dangerous for a little girl like you."

 

Ehhh?

 

Perplexed by the sudden, odd event occurring before my eyes, I failed to fathom anything.

 

Seeing the young girl possessing eyes devoid of emotion, there's nothing but questions popping into my head. Despite her stoic-like front, a frown was hanging in her eyes; without a doubt, the snide mark thrown by Lhina hit her nerve.

 

Wha, what? Do they know each other? This is not told in the novel. Wait a minute, she is also an orphan in the orphanage; maybe that's why Lhina knows her. Though that wouldn't explain why Lhina was strangely naughty right now, I reckon Lhina must've used to watch over Euvialin.

 

“If you really insist on waltzing at night, consider bringing this child with you, so a little girl like that wouldn't get scared at night." Lhina gestured at me, with a mocking smile directed at Euvialin.

 

Eh, I perplexedly looked at Lhina, though she didn't notice it as she was busily infuriating Euvialin.

 

Recollecting myself, I heave a sigh, extending out a hand toward Euvialin. I hear Lhina say, Oh, may, though I ignore it.

 

It was nice to meet you. I’m Carus. Let’s get along from now on." With the realest fake smile I could afford, I greeted her.

 

“Hmmm:"

 

After a few minutes of waiting, my hand returned with nothing. Soon, a cold breeze passed me, quickly looking in front of me. Where Euvian was supposed to be standing is now empty. I hurriedly turned around, and before I knew it, she was already behind me, walking away.

 

Is this my first rejection? It hurt a bit...

                                                                       ***

 

As the hiding barrier slowly dissipated, a silhouette unveiled itself. Long, glistering silver hair that turns purple toward its end. A pale white skin; and a petite body covered with a casual dress for young girls; at last, her beautiful two-tone colored eyes; its upper part shaded like an amethyst fading to watery blue.

 

Why the hell are you here, Euvialin?!!!!

 

Although she has an astonishing look with a childish physique, one thing falls behind that.

 

Can't she do something with her lifeless eyes? It's a waste of an adorable look. Wait, that's not important right now.

 

Realizing the mistake I had just committed, I swiftly ran to her. Because I was being hysterical, I fired at her without a second thought. 'Shit, if that hit her, I’d die of guilt. Just looking at how it destroys the barrier, I can only pray.

 

With Cilestia in my back, I run through the debris of fallen trees. Behind those was a young girl with her knees lying on the ground.

 

Shit, did I hit her?

 

Euvialin is a seldom character in the novel. A solitary person that only appears in the story once or twice. Though, despite that, she's by no means a trivial individual in reality.

 

She scarcely interacts with the MC; thus, she is not one of the heroines that'll fall in the future. Unlike the heroines who idiotically fawned toward the MC, Euvialin was simply uninterested in the MC.

 

If not for her future sister, she wouldn't even appear before the MC.

 

Shortly, Euvia would be adopted by the most influential family on this planet. And in that place is where that 'geezer' resides. Initially, I wanted to build a good relationship with her, but as our first meeting went downhill, it was almost impossible. If our frequencies were different from each other, it would be futile to push myself toward her. I'd be the one to suffer.

 

It’s really a shame to let go of such a precious connection, but if either of the two protagonists couldn't get her favor, how the hell could I? What a waste! In the novel, she was a borderline OP; it'd be good if she had my back.

 

Wait...

 

Awaking from my reverie, I once again look at that fallen girl below me.

 

Shit, she’s the one who will rain down lighting on the continent, and I did this.

 

Shivers run down my spine. What the hell am I planting reasons for her to hate me? Ain't I already fucked for this?!!!

 

Sweating profusely, a cold sensation pierced my skin. Euvialin, with her cold eyes, met mine. Despite that, neither I feel hatred nor anything, as if there's nothing within her. Sensing that unfamiliar feeling of nothingness, I came back to my sanity.

 

"Ahh, err, are you okay?" Although I’m a bit hesitant, I offer her a hand.

 

Unexpectedly, she silently accepted my hand without any hint of hate. The moment our hands came into contact, I immediately felt the cold temperature of her hand. Though a little perplexed, I carefully supported her as she stood.

 

Seeing her back on her feet, I realized she was a bit taller than I was. If I remember correctly, she was a year older than me.

 

The next thing I knew, her eyes seemed to see through me; she was carefully studying my hand, my chest, and my eyes.

 

I instinctively pulled my hand away from the sudden surge of agitation. A grip unimaginable for a petite hand sealed my hand.

 

"You, what are you?" asked Euvilain while exerting extraordinary strength with an indifferent expression.

 

Huh? Don't tell me!!! She finds out?!

 

Before I could even think properly, the words that followed threw my mind into desolation.

 

"Forgot it. It looks like you don't realize it yourself." As if to lose interest, she released my hand. "Also, an attack like that can't even dream of scraping my skin."

 

Can I take this as my secret to being a reincarnated safe? Right…?

 

"Haha, that's true." I know she didn't mean that as an insult, and I truly find it funny. With several monsters like her dwelling in this world, I can't hold a candle to any of them with just that.

 

Although her expression didn't change, she tilted her head. "Are you not offended?"

 

"Not really; I'm glad you're fine." That being said, I curve my lip into a grin. "Now I don’t need to worry about being guilty and getting scolded by Lhina."

 

As soon as I utter Lhina's name, Euvialin's eyes twitch.

 

“That vixen," she muttered, though it still reached my ears.

 

I don't want to delve deeper into her relationship with Lhina, but I am curious about why she's here.

 

"Umm, what brings you to a place like here?"

 

I felt a strong discharge of mana, and then I found someone destroying the serene land."

 

"........"

 

That’s without a doubt, me. So she has been around since the beginning, huh?

 

“Are you often around here?" I ask hastily, changing the course of the conversation.

 

"Mhm, I always spend time alone in peace, though recently there's an odd kid that laid a waste around." Despite her blank eyes, I felt she just gave a meaningful look.

 

“I'm sorry..."

 

At that moment, I sensed perpetual amusement coming from Euvia. I hurriedly scan her face, though it remains indifferent. I doubt that was my imagination. Maybe there's a gap in her emotionless front? Nevertheless, hope might exist; perhaps I can get close to her?

 

I was ignored by her in our first meeting, but I’ve learned my lesson. I sense faint distrust in her; thus, I assume I shouldn't interact without a facade.

 

Scratching my head, I manage to let out a few words. "Umm, you see...I am also often around here. If you don't mind, do you want to hang out sometimes?"

 

I know it might sound like a playboy, but that's the best thing I could think of without being cringeworthy.

 

To my surprise, Euvialin takes an unexpected action. She shoves her face close to mine as if to inspect it, muttering to herself. "It's not fake..."

 

Perplexed, I backed away.

 

Without minding my reaction, she turned back. “I would think about it if you could find me again.”

 

"Ahh, wait! Take this with you!" Halting her in her tracks, I hand over tightly packed food. "You've been standing here for a while; you might be hungry, right?"

 

It's a banana wrapped in a roll. Easy to cook, but pleasant to eat; I hope she'll like it.

 

"Huh-uh, thanks."

 

 

I watched her disappear beyond the forest. Breathing a sigh, I turn to my back.

 

"........."

 

As if the world is stuttering, the colors are fading, and there is static noise that pierces my ears, the world is falling apart. Glitching, a certain flickering image of the world covers my sight.

 

A dreadful, red sky covers the world, reflecting the carnage below. Piles of lifeless bodies in a mutilated state completely cover the land. The warm sensation of blood creeps on my skin, a horrifying spectacle that can't get any more real.

 

One of these days, I might actually lose myself.

 

                                                                        ***

 

“Urgh, you senile geezer, this is your fault." the mysterious woman groans in pain, full of bruises all over her body with her shredded dress.

 

"Urrrggg, why me? I make sure to greet her properly." Groan, the geezer, which is also full of abrasions all over his body with a noticeable swallowing in his face.

 

Surrounding them was a place that used to be nothing but white but is now disfigured beyond recognition. Blackthorns were all over the place, whereas dead trees were also spread across the horizon. As if the forest that was lacking greenery was the calamity itself,

 

"We know that's not the case!!!!" She exclaims.

 

Though the geezer only laughs half-heartedly, “My bad, my bad, I didn't expect her to be mad." Gazing at the now shattered orb, he grinned. "But I must commend that kid; though he desires power, he's not falsely blinded by it; thus, he knows his own power."

 

“Stop spouting stupid things!!!! "Screamed, she grabbed a piece of shattered orb and threw it toward the geezer. “And fix this place!!!!!"

 

"Arg!!!"

 

Glistering a shattered piece that still reflects Carus, she hit the geezer's head, knocking him out.

3