Chapter 22 Liar*
43 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lair

 

Closing my eyes, darkness engulfs me. Soon after, a replica of the outside world appears in my head. Every nook and cranny is perfectly duplicated. But myriad colors were showering it. Something that couldn't be seen with the naked eye. It's the same sight when I concentrate mana in my eyes.

 

 

However, there's a big difference. I can see everything in 360° in fine detail and in a wide range. It's possible to do it with open eyes. But I'm more comfortable this way, so I wouldn't mix it up with the scenery outside.

 

This is a trick only a few can do. Taught by Lhifhina. Only those who have great control and sensitivity toward mana could do it. Normally, when sensing mana, you will just feel it. And enhancing your eyes will allow you to see it.

 

But this technique allows you to do both. I can see every movement in my surroundings and feel it: living things, non-living things, and mana. All of it perfectly portrayed me.

 

Lhina said it's a great skill—something that can't be learned easily, even for a talented person. I'm only good at mana control and sensing stuff, so something like this makes me proud at some point. Even the two protagonists couldn't do something like this.

 

With this, I might be able to match the skill of a true warrior—their omnipotent six senses.

 

Also, Lhina said that only a few tries to learn because there are limitations on how much you see and feel. So they either focused on sensing or seeing. Or as for the sword man, like the two protagonists, they have the sixth sense and learn how to sense mana and see it. Those cheats, share some with me, would they?

 

At first, I could only sense and see a few details. Since it's one of the few I can do, reward me with this great feat. It reached the level of perspective I have now. And in the distance of a whopping 400 meters.

 

I report it to Lhina, just because I want some compliments. But instead, I got a shocked expression as a response. That's already in the past. And I need to concentrate on the current matter at hand.

 

Hmmm, but there's something that has been bugging me since I activated this skill. Ain't I seeing more than usual? I think it was at least double the size before, and I even received too much detail. Even the flattering leaves were appearing in my head.

 

Maybe my proficiency in using this skill has increased after using it like a madman in the past few days. Though it’s hurting my head because of this sudden upgrade.

 

Argh…shit I can’t use this for much longer.

 

Using this high-form sensing—or whatever they call it. I scrutinized the surroundings. Nothing out of the ordinary, even the mana around is the same as ever. But I felt some odd sensation close to the falls. Concentrating there, I see a bit of fluctuation in the surroundings. It's the same as the mana around, but I can sense something in there...

 

Someone is imitating the mana in their surroundings—the basis of concealment.

 

***

 

I was making my way towards the nearest place around the falls. That seems to be secluded. A bright silhouette once again blocked my way. Making me come to a halt.

 

"What?" I inquired, looking at Cilestia in puzzlement.

 

But I didn't get a response. And she diligently stands in my way. I invade her and pass her. But she swiftly blocked my way the very next moment. Why is she being stubborn this time?

 

She might be stubborn. However, my curiosity wouldn't be lost. I raise both of my hands, imitating a defeated posture. She seems to sigh in relief despite having an orb form. I grin and run past her. Moving at the fastest speed I can afford, I run toward the location. Looking back, I found Cilestia in a fluster, trying to pursue me. But it's already too late. I'm alright.

 

Huh?

 

I collide with something unknown, sending me back with great force. With enough impact to make me fall on my buttocks. Landing in a stony land—sending intense pain in my ass.

 

"Arghh!!….Fuck!!!"

 

A groan of anguish leaks from my mouth. I sprung up and rubbed my buttocks rapidly. After easing the pain a bit, I gaze up, looking in the direction where we collide, but there's nothing there but a blank place. That's normal, one would think. Inadvertently, I stride forward, trying to get close. Cilestia is still doing her best to hinder me. But I continue forward. Stretching out my hand. To avoid running into whatever lies in there again.

 

"Hmm, this is.”

 

 

A force prevents my hand from advancing. Still, my eyes couldn't see anything. The invisible wall seems transparent and empty, but that's what the one who put this up wants others to think. Without even using my extraordinary sensitivity towards mana, this thing is plain obvious...

 

Concealment barrier.

 

As the name suggests, It's a barrier that prevents anything from entering and hides whatever is inside. And since I’m curious, let's break it. It’s time to show off the skills I've honed for years. Do you think I only have extraordinary senses? No, no.  My mana control is also abnormal. Based on what Lhina and Oscar said before.

 

A natural smile formed on my lips. This is the first time my control will be put to the test. Just by how I barely detect this barrier, that's already a sign of it being great magic. This is going to be a great practice. I'm not really planning to break it, more like disabling it.

 

For these barriers to materialize, there's a source of energy. So what I'm going to do is cut that source out of the barrier. This barrier certainly has a magic circuit where mana flows to supply its energy.

 

 If I trace that circuits and infuse my mana into it that will be the time when I disarm the source. Causing the barrier to be disabled. It's like hacking in, though I don't have hacking knowledge. Simple wiring knowledge seems plausible in this case—maybe?

 

I put both my hands on the barrier. And trying to concentrate... But Cilestia is circling around my head at an intense speed, distracting me. My control over mana is weaker because of Cilestia interference. Increasing the difficulty of the process.

 

If I am going to control Mana, Cilestia's feelings need to be taken into account. If not controlled, mana will be harder, like what is happening now. The opposite also happens. Synchronizing with cIlestia will increase the control to an unthinkable level. But I should ignore her this time; she will surely sulk. But this is a special occasion.

 

So forgive me this time, Cilestia.

 

Closing my eyes, I set off on the journey toward the circuits. I felt the power coming from the barrier. Advancing towards the darkness didn't take long to reach lines that seemed to be the circuits I was looking for. A glistering amethyst flows through it. A beautiful sight, putting me in awe. If I don't have Cilestia, this will be the most beautiful mana I've seen.

 

Getting back to work. I proceed to infuse my mana and corrupts the mana that originally flowed through it. Blocking the path with my mana, I cut the circuit, messing it up. So the amethyst mana will be cut off completely.

 

The moment I opened my eyes, the barrier started to dissolve. There's no glass-shattering cliché sound. That's certainly the sound when you break a barrier. But this time I didn't break it; I cut out its energy source. Resulting in its being dissolved. Despite this accomplishment, Cilestia still seems to be agitated.

 

Why is she even reacting like this?

 

Soon after, without even voicing my inquiry, it was answered.

 

As the barrier dissolves. Its content is being revealed little by little. The moment I get a good glimpse. I realized why Cilestia was like this.

 

I turn toward her with narrowed eyes, full of suspicion. Seeing that, she backed away in panic. But I follow her with my gaze.

 

"Cilestia, did you know this from the beginning?" I inquired, looking straight at her. With a calm tone, not to scare her.

 

Cilestia shakes her orb body left and right in panic.

 

That is, undoubtedly, a lie. We have been together since the beginning. A pathetic lie wouldn't work. No wait, since when did she learn how to lie? Because she’s from me? A severe liar? But that doesn’t matter right now.

 

"Since when did you know it? And why did you hide it from me?" I ask soon after. There's some force in my voice. But that is because I'm clueless about when Cilestia learned how to lie and hide things from me.

 

She looks around, flustered. Looking for a way out.

 

At least copy how I do it. Its plain obvious that you're trying to find a way out. It's almost painful in the eyes. I'm remembering certain people for some reason.

 

While I’m in the middle of our interrogation. A voice cuts in.

 

“Can you keep it down?”

4