Chapter 25 End of a Long Day*
83 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 25 End of a Long Day

 

It’s peaceful…..

 

Weird, why's that the first thing that resurfaced in my mind? My body slowly sank into bottomless darkness; thus, the light disappearance was near, though a sense of tranquility pertained in my mind.

 

When I think about it, I don’t know how I died or how it feels. They say that the end of life is simply rest. I wonder, is this how it felt? Some also said that you will lose your problems in the afterlife, and if I see them now, I want to punch them.

 

In this life, nothing but trouble awaits me. Maybe it's fine to stay like this.

 

But it would be such a waste if I left right now. After some preparation and all, as well as my harem dream in my past life, I can't afford to give up now, can't I? It’s not like I'm a generic protagonist whatsoever; presented with such an opportunity, I shall grab it.

 

Above all, I already have them.

 

The entire lake was engulfed in bright light, though I didn't miss the glimpse of distinguishable blue light alongside it.

 

The moment I pulled myself out of the water, a gigantic magic circle covered the entire place, sending goosebumps throughout my body.

 

"Just, what the hell is happening here?!" assessing the magic circle, I concluded it was fire elemental magic, whereas I sensed a fire element on it, and it technically had the color of fire.

 

She seems to be proud, despite the indifferent look on her face. Euvialin was standing before me without an ounce of ambition to lend me a hand.

 

I'm about to say something to Euvialin when the light dies out, but another light starts emerging. What? Is she trying to show off this time? The bluish flow of light, with which I'm most familiar, entirely changes the atmosphere, as though the space has been brought here while reflected on the clear water, rendering a truly exquisite display.

 

"Pretty. I never knew Mana could do this."

 

Euvialin matter reached my ears. Hearing Cilestia get compliments makes me proud.

 

"Yes, this was one of Cilestia's great qualities!!!" I triumphantly turn to Euvilin, pushing my chest out, while Cilestia follows as if she has a chest as well.

 

Euvialin just gave us her usual look, though she seemed to be amused. "This should be just perfect to take a bath.”

 

Now that she said it, the water was kind of warm. Wait, the magic circle covered the whole place? "Oi, don't tell me you heat up the entire place?!!!"

 

That's right." She responds dispassionately; to her, it's a trivial thing.

 

“Are you showcasing your tremendous power? You do know it's not something that can be done by a child, right? "

 

Despite my sincere words, she responds lightly. "I know, it's just better to do it this way, so the water won't get cold sooner."

 

Uwe, the mindset of an OP person. Wait, ain't this my chance to take Reven...

 

“Don’t even think about it; I’m taking a dip myself," she said as if reading my thoughts.

 

Is mind-reading common in this world? I thought, slumping my shoulder, that a glimpse of Euvialin hair caught my attention. As she entered the water, dirt was visible in her hair. Now that I think about it, it's extremely long that it touches the ground.

 

I made my way to her, pulling shampoo from my ring. “Hey, your hair was beautiful; you should take care of it.”

 

"Can you do it for me?"

                      

Her face remains indifferent; it’s not cute or anything. Something about it caused a warm smile to break into my lips.

 

"Yeah, I'm on it."

 

She willingly let me touch her hair. It might be a modest thing, but it may be the start.

I wonder why I’m not really fond of going around getting associated with others who will be hard to deal with. But I'm strangely attracted to this kid, so I'm quite persistent this time.

 

Perhaps my natural friend was an introvert.

 

 

***

 

At the same time, at Carus’s home.

 

A middle-aged man with sleepy eyes enters a modest house; a mortified place greets him.

 

“Ohh, Oscar!! Welcome.”

 

The dignified Lhifhina greets him while serving tea to Geezer with a peculiar long beard wearing a tattered robe, full of wounds all over his body.

 

I'm not going to end up like that, am I? Oscar was frightened by that sight, but he didn't dare ask what happened and quietly sat beside the old man. LHifhina serves him tea across from him. But this didn't ease him even a bit.

 

"It's good that he's staying late. It wouldn't be good if he witnessed this fufu." Lhifhina matters, and at the same time, the surroundings start fixing themselves, though the geezer injuries remain intact.

 

The surroundings stay silent for a while. But the geezer decided to break it.

 

“Do you think that kid can pull it off? ”

 

Hearing his words, both Lhifhina and Oscar laughed in unison. They know better about that "kid” than the old man in front of them.

 

Dubious, the geezer remains silent.

 

“Who knows? That kid was quite stubborn about getting associated with others."

 

Lhifhina giggles, while the geezer is confused.

 

"That kid has his ways, but things will depend on how things play out," Oscar added.

 

"Though he seems to be dedicated recently, maybe things will work out. After all, he's more than what you think when he's together with his mana," Lhifhina proudly declared.

 

 “He will surely become great.” Oscar breathed a sigh. "But he needs to stop talking to his mana."

 

Lhifhina gives a meaningful smile. "That would be impossible."

 

Oscar becomes suspicious. But the geezer that remained silent until now reacts, hearing a shocking piece of information.

 

"That kid is talking to his mana!" he exclaims, widening his eyes in disbelief.

 

Oscar and Lhifhina look at him disappointedly.

 

But the old man says something that is not pleasing to their ears.

 

"Aren't he's a Reincarnator? He's too old for that. Imaginary friend or perhaps girlfriend? Is he insane?" he said, but fell back as soon as he saw the two glaring at him as if they were going to murder him.

 

Lhifhina's face turns cold. "You don't know anything about him. Not just because he is a Reincarnator; he is strong. He has his own condition."

 

 

Oscar gives him a disgusted look. "You have been monitoring him for years yet know nothing about him?"

 

Even a mysterious voice condemns him. "You really are senile trash."

 

He leaves with no choice, and he apologizes pathetically. "Sorry"

 

Yet again, a mysterious voice echoes in the room.

 

"He...He did it." The feminine voice echoes once again, sounding disheartened this time for some reason.

 

Everyone in the room immediately got what it meant.

 

A satisfied smile emerges from Lhifhina's lips. "I know you can do it."

 

Oscar was the same. “You did great, kid.”

 

Seeing that the old man decided to ask them something to make them forget his words earlier,.

 

“I wonder what is special to that kid. For the two of you to be fond of him? ”

 

 “Special?"Lhifhina tilts her head. "He's normal, you know."

 

That puzzled the old man.

 

"You don't need a reason to be fond of someone. He might be normal, but he's special to me. It's not like I take care of him because he's special," Lhifhina explains, gently smiling.

 

"As for me, he's my gaming buddy," Oscar added.

 

Lhifhina claps her hands, giggling a little. "And he's cute sometimes, especially when I give him milk. He obviously hates it, but he's forcing himself to drink it."

 

Oscar laughs at hearing that. "Then he will go to my place just to whine over that."

 

They laugh together, leaving the old man alone.

 

The old man decides to join in, but his question makes the place quiet.

 

“What do you think he would feel if he discovered that you know that he is a reincarnator? "

 

Everyone here knows Carus was a reincarnator.

 

Oscar shot him a glare. “Insensitive geezer.”

 

LHifhina didn't mind; instead, a smile formed on her lips. "He will probably be glad, since he doesn't need to hide it anymore. He is carefree and doesn't care about that stuff."

 

Oscar agrees but seems to be worrying about something. "But he needs to be careful sometimes. Doesn't he know two-year-old Brat can't play games that well? They don't even understand the controls, and most of them can't speak clearly.

 

Three years ago, Carus could already play well and talk clearly. Which is impossible at that age.

 

“That certainly is not good; he should not let his guard down.” The geezer agreed.

 

But Lhifhina is different. "There's no need to worry about that. As I said earlier, he's stubborn about getting associated with others; that's because his trust is scarce. He's only carefree with those he knows won't be a threat to him.

 

Oscar was quite pleased to hear that but still doubtful. "How can he be so sure about that? "

                       

"He knows who he can trust, after all." Lhifhina grinned meaningfully, or rather proudly. "He can read others' mana with great precision."

 

The men jump from their seats in disbelief at what they just heard.

 

"Doesn't that need an impossible amount of mana sensitivity?" The geezer widens his eyes. "And how accurate, exactly?"

 

“With recent occurrences..." Lhifhina smiled proudly. "He can discern the emotions of others perfectly."

 

The old man was shocked.

 

As for Oscar, he seems to be shocked by something else. "So that's why I felt like that kid was reading my mind."

 

Lhifhina giggles graciously.

 

Oscar notices the time and warns others about it. "The kid might come back anytime."

 

“Let’s call it a day," said Lhifhina.

 

But the geezer opened his mouth. "It will happen in a few months. Let it happen; this is what was meant to happen."

 

"I know." Lhifhina's eyes became icy. Releasing heavy pressure on the surroundings. "But if something happens to him, you know what I will do, right?"

 

Without being able to do anything else, Oscar cowered in fear. You fucking geezer, just close your mouth.

 

The atmosphere becomes heavy, but the mysterious voice cuts in. Who knows if it's trying to help?

 

“Lady Lhifhina, you should take care of him. He will get cold tomorrow.”

 

Lhifhina widens her eyes. “Oh my, what did he do in the middle of the night? ”

 

***

 

 

A big sphere was hovering before me, with water spinning within it, washing our clothes. My magic-made washing machine, which I'm proud of. With my level of control, I don't need to keep an eye on it. Meanwhile, Cilestia was still on the water.

 

I feel good taking a dip in the lake. I don't think I would catch a cold at all.

 

"Should we go home after cleaning our clothes?"

 

While I was indulging myself, Euvialin's voice pierced through my reverie. Wearing a modest white dress, hair tied in a single braid at the lower part, avoiding the ground this time. I did it earlier, and it surprisingly suited her. I randomly learned how to do that in my past life—playing with a strap or my own hair sometimes. To think it would come in handy in this life.

 

"Yeah," I said, taking another look at her. It suited her, but “You look good, but can you do something with your blank face? ”

 

She doesn't seem to be upset. But her following words surprised me.

 

“But you also have the same look.”

 

“Really? "

 

Don't you realize? You also don't show that much expression," she said, beginning to explain. "You always have a plain look towards others, more like bored or irritated."

 

She stops for a bit and seems to be thinking of something. "But you're loud when it comes to that woman and your mana. You look happy talking with them."

 

Euvialin stared at my eyes, with a change of atmosphere around her. "You hate to be around others, though comfortable with those you hold dear. On that side, things were not different."

 

Illuminated by the moonlight, that moment with divine ambiance, serene, was visible to her.

 

However, a thought senselessly crossed my mind.

 

I see, you're anti-social.

.

While I was thinking, the source of light caught my attention. Since Cilestia is still resting on the water, I doubt it came from her. Gazing up, I found an azure and amethyst moon staring down at us.

 

Purple…..?

 

Does it show up again? Isn't this moon rare to show up? Does this moon work up the courage?

 

Moon?

 

Now that I think about it, the New Year is near. And that rare event will happen on the same day.

 

“Euvialin”

 

She tilts her head. "Mhm?"

 

"Let's watch the moon alignment together."

4