Chapter 27 New Day
61 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New Day

"Ahhhh Eu!!! Help me!!! "

 

Amidst a peaceful forest, a shrill cry shook the surroundings.

Months have passed since the New Year; months have been spent meaningfully; thus, in the present day, I'm having a heartfelt moment.

 

"Uwaaa Eu!!!! Please do something about this fucking boar! "

 

Not really—I'm currently on the verge of tearing up. I've been entangled with a boar twice my size, as a rope was binding me to this boar. I'm being brandished non-stop as this boar goes wild. I lose count of how many times I hit on something.

 

Why is this happening? It's my own. I was actually catching a boar with a classic rope trap. Yes, it's the same boar that has been trapped with it. When I approach it, it unexpectedly goes wild. Out of pure bad luck, it entangled my whole body with it, using the very same rope.

 

Which led to this predicament.

 

"Eu!!!! Hel—"

 

I'm not able to continue my words as I hit my head on a tree. That adds up to the brushes I have so far. I might pass out.

 

A wind passes me, cutting the rope with perfect precision. After getting free, I augmented my body with my mana. Causing an explosive increase in speed. Appearing in front of the boar in a blink of an eye.

 

{"I'll fucking roast you."}

 

The boar becomes extremely frightened. I'm only smiling, tho.

 

"Heh….."

 

I took out a metallic pole from my ring, stretching my body for a javelin toss.

"Carus!"

 

As a hurried voice reaches my ears, I instinctively jump away as far as possible, sensing the danger myself.

 

In the blink of an eye, the shrill cry of a boar died down in a second. Something akin to a claw pierced its body, with sharp teeth tore off its head, sending blood everywhere.

The enigmatic, 3-meter ashen creature stood before us, an unmistakably non-human monster. But it's something foreign in my eyes; it has a complete limb, a thorny body, and dark pink traces over its body. Its head, almost filled with countless sharp teeth, gorges down the boar, and as if that's not enough, it rips what remains on the boar's body.

 

At that moment, its eyes twisted, letting out an undisguisable noise.

"Kekekkekekek!"

 

He's laughing? Man, the MC, and Oscar laugh like that when they go crazy; I don't.

Sensing the danger, I didn't wait for it to finish its breakfast. With a maximum output, I hurl the pole meant for the boar at this monster.

 

Glowing brightly, it leaves my hand at explosive speed.

 

As if to look down on my attack, it only raised one of its hands. Sure enough, it's confident for a reason. The pike pierced its hand but lost power right before it reached its head.

 

Its red eyes look down on me with a sinister smile that can kill children. Sheesh, my friend, and the MC can also do that.

 

While having the most senseless thought of my life in this kind of situation. The monster in front of me proudly straightens its body, akin to the human nature of arrogance.

Using its other hand to pull out the metal pole. Slimy, dark blood spills before the wound closes in an instant.

 

"Wha!!"

 

My eyes widened in awe, as the monster's posture was the exact copy of when I threw that pole.

 

The next thing I knew, a strong gust of wind cut my right cheek, followed by a loud explosion on my back. Touching my face, there's a red liquid on my finger. In the corner of my eyes, I catch a glimpse of a huge crater created behind me.

 

Neither do I feel frightened nor dread, grinding my teeth and heat rushing into my eyes, glaring at this abominating monster. This fucker missed on purpose.

 

"Haha, you're fucking scumbag yourself, huh! Fine, let's

Have about!!! "

 

It let out the same maniacal laughter, but I can tell this motherfucker is satisfied.

Mana Sea.

 

It's the same skill I used to look for Euvialin; I don't really name my skills, but it's better than just calling it a high type of sensing mana.

 

In a world like this, it's like standing in the middle of the ocean, and the one who rules it can sense everything.

 

"Tsk, not fun of warm-up, huh."

 

This monster is absurdly fast; I can't follow it with my mere eyes alone. Sensing the movement of the mana in my surroundings was enough to let me predict it.

 

With a minimal twist of my body, I dodged the claw that was trying to sever my neck in the nick of time. Damn, so I'm also capable of those hair breaths invading now. Shit, this makes me excited!

 

Hitting my palm with another, I thrust my elbow toward the monster's arm with as much force as possible. Broken bones send a sharp sound as its arm wrenches in different directions.

 

Without missing that chance, I release a series of attacks using both my hands and feet, connecting my attacks as much as possible. Rendering it to stagger, I concentrated dense mana on my right fist.

 

I'm going to blow a hole in your guts with this!

 

Something I forgot crossed my mind. That pole earlier, why does it lose power?

As soon as my fist came into contact with this monster's skin, the light from my hand dissipated.

 

"You fucking!!"

 

A sinister howl greets me from above. Cutting my escape route, claws were coming from both sides.

 

Tsk, isn't this the time you help me out?

 

As if to answer my prayers, a purple light annihilated the monster's hand, giving me a chance to get away.

 

"Carus, that thing is dangerous."

 

As I land next to the owner of the magic, I catch my breath. "Just what the hell is that?!"

"It's a monster, corrupted with the power of the leyline. It's not something you can defeat for now." With her matter-of-fact tone, a mixture of silver and amethyst hair entered my sight. "Leave this to me."

 

Leyline? I didn't imagine the second magical energy I'd encounter was this. As told before, to manifest magic or a magical phenomenon, magical energy is needed.

But in this reality, aside from the most abundant energy, mana, there are other magical energies best for a certain type of magic. Well, some monster-like individuals can use 3, and extremely talented people can naturally utilize 2.

 

Such as the two protagonists.

 

What about me? No, just no. Being able to use more kinds of energy doesn't mean you're invisible. If you try 4, you're an idiot. Why do you ask? Too much is always dangerous.

 

If we're talking about common sense here, a being has a magical dimension inside their body. It's where the energy is being stored, and though there's a capacity limit, storing different types of energy mixtures that will lower the quality and purity is inevitable.

 

Thus, I'm adamant about touching other energy.

 

However, why is Leyline showing up this early?

 

But this is interesting...

 

My mana was neither rejected nor absorbed; it fused with it.

 

The monster regenerates both of its arms in an instant. With a single glance at her, it runs away. This fucker is really smart, huh, not picking a fight with someone you can't defeat.

 

However, you can't get away from her grasp.

 

The ear-splitting sound of crackling lightning reverberates, flying away with a terrifying speed. The lances of lighting plunge the monster, setting out a bright explosion and erasing its existence without a trace.

 

I guess a monster is not a monster against another monster.

 

What I'm even saying.

 

"Eu!!!" Eu, known as Euvialin. Running towards her, I hung myself behind her. "Uwahh, you're really strong! Protect me forever, ok?"

 

"Do you've switched buttons for personality?"

 

"What are you blabbering about?" I grab her shoulder, yanking her. "Ahh! Why didn't you help me sooner?"

 

"Huh? Don't you want it? So I let you..."

 

"That's not it!! From that freaking boar, why didn't you help me from the beginning?"

"Ahh, that one. It's fun watching it."

 

Say what now? I don't even know what to say anymore. Is this the result of hanging out with me?

 

Breathing an exasperated sigh, the blood left by the eaten boar entered my sight. "Urghh, I'm supposed to stock it."

 

"If you're down, would you cheer up with this?" Before I knew it, Eu's already handing food in front of my face.

 

It's a banana wrapped in rolled. It's the one I gave her; it seems she came to like it, so I often prepare some for her.

 

"Are you seriously offering me your half-eaten food?" Breaking into a smile, I pat her head. "I appreciate the gesture, but no thanks; you can finish that."

 

Her expression was still blank, but for her to show some affection was more than enough. As if she doesn't have a plan to share her food, she shoves it all into her mouth.

 

Wiping her mouth, she tilts her head. "How about catching another one?"

 

"Pass, I'm exhausted. Let's head back for now." After being brandished by a boar and fighting with an unknown monster, I don't have any strength left.

 

"Wait," Eu says, stopping me by grabbing my hand.

 

A purplish-white light engulfs my body. A warm feeling serenaded me, healing all of my brushes.

 

"Thanks, Eu," I said, genuinely content.

 

She does improve a lot. After those mouths, she didn't go hiding but became considerate of me and healed me every time I hurt myself. Even with Lhina, she seems to get along with her now as well. She now refers to her by name instead of "that woman" and even eats along with us and stays over at home.

 

Perhaps my existence will bring change to the approaching peril.

4