Chapter 32.1 Farewell, Part 1  
54 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Farewell, Part 1

 

A few days have passed since the coffee incident, and I end up forgiving them as I have nowhere else to go. As for their wishes, I started maintaining my coffee addiction.

 

Who the hell would believe such a sloppy lie? Even to my ears, it sounds like total bullshit. Albeit, that wouldn't change the fact that Lina and Eu were monitoring my coffee consumption. Thus, I learned a new set of skills for hiding when drinking coffee.

 

Since tomorrow was a special day, I behaved myself.

 

“Mhm, that should do; just pour a little bit more of your mana.”

 

A peaceful day without me causing a ruckus. Lhina was helping create solid stuff with my mana at home; I hope there’s no explosion to occur in our living room.

 

With her instruction, my eyes glow as I carefully transfer mana toward the seed hovering in my palms. My mana brightly fluctuates in the surroundings. Shining roots start growing from the seed. A smile inevitably forms on my lips from excitement.

 

A greenish, translucent root completely engulfs the seed. Growing steadily while some part of it was visibly bluish, probably due to my mana.

 

"Just a little bit," I muttered, picturing an image in my head as I concentrated my mana on the seed.

 

As if answering my will, the roots shine brightly, rapidly growing. Without waiting for a long while, the seed became the image I had in my head.

 

A tree made out of light.

 

I want to celebrate, but I need to secure this tree. Using the basic magic barrier, I cover the tree with it. A tree of light inside a globe—if I had to describe it, that would be the best description.

 

Ahh, before I forget, I need to add a few tweaks. That's done.

 

It's slightly bigger than a baseball ball. Inside the barrier is a sight to behold. A tree illuminates, accompanied by bluish light illuminating the darkness within the globe. I have been dreaming of having this kind of tree. This is already a familiar sight to me; that's why it's easy to visualize. But I'm really glad I succeeded.

 

“I did it!!! ”I exclaim, holding the globe carefully.

 

“Fuh-fuh, you did great,” Lhina praises me with a proud smile. "You're able to do something like this; you should be able to make mana crystal without a problem.”

 

“Mhm, I’ll make one later.”

 

One of the purposes of doing this was for me to learn how to make mana stones. To make a solid substance out of mana, all you need is a solid or physical thing to act as a catalyst. A seed was the perfect catalyst for practice. It has a magic circuit to explore and bring to life.

 

You can make a variety of things with mana; some even make sculptures. Most of all, I can make money out of it. Depending on the quality of the mana stone, it can fetch a high price. If I made one out of my mana, it might save me when I'm in dire need of money.

 

This also increases my mana manipulation; my control over mana is already superb, but I would need more if I wanted to reach the power I envision in my plans.

 

 

However, with things right now, that'll be the last... Probably that'll be the last time I'll learn from Lhina; such a thought pains my heart. It's proof that time was in motion.

 

Was this really the correct course of action?

 

“You mustn’t doubt yourself.”

 

Without even noticing, Lhina’s gentle hand embraced me, and with her words soothing me, I lost the will to speak.

 

“I can feel your heart wavering; even so, doubting yourself should be the last thing you should do.”

 

“Just believe in yourself, and I'll make sure not to lose sight of you.”

 

Feeling the water forming in my eyes, I press my head against Lhina to hide myself. How embarrassing……

 

“…………”

 

“…………”

 

 

After a few minutes, Lhina lightened the atmosphere.

 

“Mmm, with this, you should be able to make a present for her," Lhina said with a teasing tone.

 

Being separated from her, I just indifferently tilt my head. Hmmm? Is she trying to tease me? It’s not going to work, though.

 

Now that I think about it, my main objective for Eu's birthday is tomorrow, so I’m preparing a gift that I have never done before.

 

Without much thought, I hand over the globe in my hand to Lhina. “Here, it’s a thanks for always being there for me.” I’m quite embarrassed, but I’m able to smile. “My mana is there, so you can always remember me.”

 

Lhina accepts it, but I'm not able to get a good look at her face. I originally planned to make that tree as a gift for Lhina. It suits her nature-like characteristics, and my mana is there to represent me. I can’t bring myself to look at her because this gift is...

 

“Thank you.”

 

“…….”

 

Lhina once again hugs me, taking me by surprise and causing my body to stipend. Her next words threw me into confusion.

 

"I'm really glad I met you—thank you for coming into my life."

 

Tears flow in her eyes as she tightens her hand around me, sending pain and emotion to me through mana. With sharp pain piercing my heart, tears finally fell from my eyes.

 

Why are you having this kind of emotion? Do you know what is about to happen? I have a lot of questions, but one thing is for sure:.

 

“I’m really glad you’re the one who found me.”

 

There's always a farewell to an encounter.

 

"Ahh, right, I almost forgot. I also got another gift for you."

 

"Ehh? Earring. ? I don't want to pierce my ears."

 

"I know, this one magically adhered to skin."

 

Somehow, I'm now wearing earrings on my right ear.

 

"Oh my, we look good with matching pairs!"

***

 3rd person pov

“Do you think he will be okay? ”A mysterious woman anxiously inquired. Sitting in a chair in front of a table inside a white space.

 

"Who knows what things will be depending on his moves?" A male geezer sitting in front of her responds.

 

"His future is a blur," she stated. "I don't know the process of his future, so I also don't know how he will reach your place safely."

 

"Let's just have some faith in him."

 

"Since when did you have faith in him?"

 

"Don't look at me like that would you." The geezer heaved a sign. "It's not like we can get ourselves involved; that can cause major changes, and besides,"

 

He reaches out towards an orb on the table in front of him and erases it. "He has been preparing for this day, knowing that it will come and that he will say farewell to people he cares for.

 

"They get really attached to each other for all those years,” the woman said, puffing out her cheeks.

 

But soon, a warm smile bloomed on her face. Don’t worry, you will meet me soon.

 

There would be a new encounter and a re-encounter.

5