Chapter 39 Patriark 
45 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patriark 

 

“We’re here”

 

It’s freaking huge!!

 

As we arrived at the Patriark estate, my jaw dropped, loss of words. It's depicted as an insanely large mansion in the novel, but seeing it with my own eyes… I realized those words were lacking for describing this. Just to get to the main mansion, we ride a luxury carriage. 

 

“I’m an ant,” and now that I’m standing in front of what they call a mansion, I realize I’m a mere ant. “It’s a frickin' castle!!!! .”

 

Aside from being massive, its exterior has an intricate design befitting a fantasy world, though I can spot advanced stuff here and there. Even the door in front of me was a few meters taller than us.

 

“You’re exaggerating.” Eu, who was right beside me, threw words no different than that cold water. “Don’t you hate characters who overreact?” 

 

"Do you need to throw a cold word at me after I let you sleep on my lap?"

 

Also, I hate the 'dense MC who overreacts to' every little thing. Though, that’s something for my mind to keep. 

 

Eu looks at me with an indifferent expression, though realizing that I wouldn't take back my words, she makes a sharp turn, avoiding my gaze. Today, she’s a bit cute…not gonna read her emotions…

 

As though our interaction was pleasing to witness, Vivian and Vanessa broke into identical giggles without losing elegance.

 

"If I don't know enough, I might have mistaken it for a quarrel," said Vanesa with a satisfied nod. "If you're this close, there wouldn't be a problem if the two of you became siblings if we adopted both of you."

 

The first to react was Vivian, throwing her arm into the air. "Ehhh, really!! Were you going to adopt them?!! Yehey, I'm going to have cute siblings!!! "

 

Me getting adopted... I would rather not. I couldn't respond on time, as the complicated feelings I've as a reincarnator shambled my thoughts. I just need someone to foster me like Lhina has been doing. I've no desire to have a new family. I'm fine as long as I can get food and a place to sleep. I, I…

 

Though an unexpected savior comes from the nearest place at the right time, literally beside me,. 

 

“No, I can’t let that happen.” Eu gazed at me before turning to Vanesa with determination. “I don’t want him to be my sibling.”

 

““Ehhh!!””

 

Our voices sync, taken aback by Eu's sudden declaration. 

 

Wha? Eh? I'm also against it, though. What is her reason?

 

"Huh? "Vanesa, who quickly got her composure back, inquired with Eu for her reason. "Why? Didn't you ask us to save him?"

 

"But it didn't mean I wanted him to be my brother." Her eyes, which were always indifferent, were more clouded than usual. As tough, a storm was taking place there. 

 

"Sniff…. I didn't think you actually hated me."' I forget to read her emotions, which leads to me slamming my shoulder down.

 

Eu's face froze for a moment, staring at us in a daze. "No, that's not what I meant. I don't hate you, but I hate the idea of us being siblings." As her voice became lower and lower, so did her head.

 

Can someone show cuteness without displaying emotion? Yes, the proof was right in front of my eyes. 

 

““………….””

 

The three of us exchange glances. Without any magic, our thoughts reach each other. 

 

‘This girl…..’

 

We wear a warm smile, silently appreciating the adorable creature in front of us. Though, in reality, there's no change in her expression as always, which strikes cutely. With the corner of my eyes, I receive Vanesa's message through her meaningful eyes.

 

Vivian put her right hand on her forehead, bending her back as if a Damsel in distress. “Uhu, how can this be? I want a brother, real bad!!!! ”

 

“Sniff, sniff. I don’t want my daughter to be sad, and I want a son as well.” Vanesa, who rides along, feigns tears.

 

Covering my eyes with my arms, I join the dramatic skit. "Uwahhh, mother, sister!!!" Saying that as a final blow, I reach my hand for Vanessa and Vivian.

 

We commend each other with a grin for our impeccable performance. A strong pressure suddenly erupts, causing us to divert our heads in the source direction.

 

Eu, who was about to tear up, was releasing a force that was enough to shake the atmosphere. 

 

“Then don’t adopt me.”

 

 That shouldn’t happen; it’s Eu who should be adopted by them, not me.

 

I turn to Vanesa and Vivian, but they look at me as if I’m the one at fault.

 

Traitors!

 

While we were in a pickle, unexpected help came before a lightning strike hit us.

 

The giant door was opened by the maids, revealing a man with orange hair wearing an elegant suit with a great build.

 

“Lord grandfather, he will be coming back in a week; he wants to meet that kid.”

 

Hmmm... that geezer?

 ***

A few hours earlier

“Where are you heading?”

 

Alaric took the charge to ask the thing that everyone wanted to know, forced by his peers beside him. 

 

Damn!

 

Alaric cursed in his mind, irked by Oscar and the woman beside him. They display a big thumbs up to provide moral support to Alaric. Though that didn't sit well with him.

 

These idiots! I’m also afraid of her.

 

Alaric, the overseer of the world, the sovereign. Survivor of ancient times. With many titles under his name…he's afraid of women. To be more precise, a woman like Lhina. 

 

As Lhina’s back was facing them, they couldn’t see her expression, though the overwhelming power around her was sipping on their skin. "I've got something left to do.”

 

Despite the heavy atmosphere, Alaric expressed concern. “Are you really fine with this? Even though it’s not too late, you can still be his guardian; there might be a chance for him to build a connection even under your care.”

 

Lhifhina laughs a bit, though there’s no sign of emotion in it. “That’s impossible; after all, I’ll keep him by myself, away from danger.” Turning around, a face devoid of any emotion was revealed. “This is the best for him—to gain strength and connection. I know he’ll surely look for me; just say I will be away for a while and send me a letter or contact me once in a while.”

 

“There's quite a sum of pending disaster coming his way; I’ll cull some of it.” The corner of Lhifhina’s lips rises, though that gives nothing but a shiver to others. “Just keep him safe, or else I’ll kill every last one of you.”

 

 

Leaving those words behind... The atmosphere froze for a while, even after Lhina disappeared. The first one to break the silence was Oscar.

 

"I almost forgot it, but it's the real her, ain't it?"

 

“Yeah, she seems to have grown really attached to our boy.” The woman beside him concurred, nodding her head. “If I've got to say they’re each other's limiters, their comfort character might not appear for a while.”

 

Alaric, who has been listening for a while, opens his mouth. "How about you, Oscar? Don't you have a place to go as well?"

 

“So that’s my name now, huh? ”Oscar's eyebrow was twitching, looking at Alaric, while the woman beside him was cuckled. "Sigh. There's no point. We know she’s already on her way there. I wouldn’t get a chance to kill that bastard myself.

 

Without Oscar uttering a single name, the two of them knew who he was referring to.

 

"I see then. I'd be going out first; we may meet again." Getting up to his seat, Alaric bids farewell. "I need to inform my house that I'll come in a week and do some other work as well."

 

As Alraic disappeared, Osacr and the woman beside him were left behind.

 

The woman turned to Alaric with interest. "It's fine to get talking now; you've got something to ask, right?"

 

Oscar dryly broke into dry laughter as he was found out. "Well, it's not been brought out, but I've got something to ask regarding that kid. Just what is he?"

 

"Sigh, he's this world's third protagonist."

 

"Tsk, grandiose way to say his unknown..."

***

 

A week has passed; nothing has changed in those days. Though now was the day Alaric would arrive home after a decade, he stood in a mystical place, with constantly moving walls and shelves containing books while other alchemy equipment was rotating in his surroundings.

 

In the midst of that was a grand chair with an intricate design and gold as the main body. A throne for Alaric, the only throne for his personal realm.

 

Alaric already loses interest in youngsters these days; whether it’s a fated or chosen one, they end up messing up. 

 

"Perhaps there's no hero in this era that's capable of saving the world this time." 

 

This brat will be the same. 

 

However, it’s not what he expected.

 

You motherfucker, son of a bitch!!!!  You’re the bastard lurking around our house!!!

 

I'm alive, and I also learn digital art. I drew the new cover and illustration for Chapter 2 for fun. BTW, edit a few things. Hero's secret to Hero's plot hole since Carus knowledge was from a novel. 

3