Chapter 0 Prologue (reworked)
575 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wha…What?!!! No, no, no…You can’t just do something like this after all this time!!”

 

 

 

Shaking my head, I frantically run my finger through my hair, refusing to believe the words that enter my eyes. Shattering my phone's screen with the grip of my right arm, which I didn't think was possible, appeared trivial.

 

"Are you seriously doing this? THAT DAMN AUTHOR!!"

 

Gritting my teeth, I raise my phone to the air—I'm broke. After a drawn-out pause, I sighed, softly placing my phone beside me on the sofa where I was sitting. Preventing an irreversible mistake, I'll surely regret later on.

 

"Urghhhhhhhh…………….." With a groan closer to a sigh, I pinched the area between my eyes. However, the crimson words written on my phone keep reflecting in my eyes. It's common to change the font and color of a text in a novel, but the context behind it made my stomach churn in disgust.

 

Words that weigh on my mind, stabbing my core with guilt.

 

 

-"S-so this is what it looks like; w-why have I only seen it now?"

 

Half an hour ago, or so I think it was. The novel I could no longer love or hate released its latest chapter. Without forewarning, of it being the last chapter. Hands down the worst ending I ever saw. I don't think it's even possible to surpass this kind of BS writing.

 

With the recent downgrade going around with the Isekai genre, this one gained fame for its few unique aspects. It starts out with a pretty cliche prologue, an overused trope, where the Mc was run over by a truck and reincarnated into his favorite game. Regaining his memory, he acquired the cheat system.

 

Like anyone would've guessed, he is someone who stubbornly refuses to get involved with the scenario — ultimately stealing the protagonist role along with the harem unknowingly. The hero was unable to develop strength and significance to the world; beaten by the Mc several times, the hero's spirit diminished.

 

The Mc initially thought that by beating, the hero would gain motivation. Or so he thought, the hero's will was already crushed by him a long time ago. The dense Mc finally realized that the hero had already lost purpose to scenarios. Thus, he decided to save the world himself.

 

Pfft.

 

He couldn’t even kill the first final boss properly.

 

It was around halfway through the novel when one of the heroines died, that's when everything went downhill. I've thought of dropping it at that time, but I've been reading it since day one. My sentimental tendency acts up, leaving me with no choice but to see it till the end.

 

But that's only the beginning; it went too dark for my innocent soul right away.

 

In the end, the son of a bitch author killed every cast that existed.

 

In the original story of the game, the world was in a brick of destruction that they needed to evacuate to another world. However, world destruction was hastened due to the survival of both final bosses.

 

 

Ultimately ending the novel with a final fight between the Mc and the hero, as well as the conclusion of major missions given by the system. Thus, a message from the system took up the last page.

 

 

MISSION: Kill the original protagonist (hero).

RESULT: COMPLETED

REWARD: Hero's secret.

[MISSION: Revive the abyss.

RESULT: FAILED

MISSION: Kill the first final boss.

RESULT: FAILED

MISSION: Kill the hero's father.

RESULT: FAILED

 

Penalty!

Penalty!

Penalty!

Penalty!

Penalty!

Penalty!

…………………………….

 

 

[You died]

 

The surviving readers, along with me, concur on one thing. If Mc hadn't stolen the heroines from the hero, it would not come to this.

 

But the stupid twist in the end made our opinion invalid.

 

I didn't imagine such a plot twist from the hero; without explanation, it's nothing but a plot hole. However, it will not change the fact that the original protagonist was the one who suffered the most behind the scenes.

 

There are a number of plot twists that were revealed, including the heroes from ancient times, the heroes' ancestors, and a terrible past with Earth. Most of it was predictable, but the revelation of the original protagonist took me by surprise and made me remorseful.

 

"Ugh! I feel stupid supporting the Mc!.... Hmmm?"

 

Ring* Ring*Ring*Ring*

 

A sharp buzz from my phone catches my attention, my screen fluctuates as though in a seizure. As soon as I grab it, I instantly grasp what's going on. The site that was hosting the novel was flooded with comments intending to cancel the author. The comments were like raging storms, nothing but a threat.

 

Sharing the same sentiment, I spam the screen of my phone.

 

[I'm, me: Send me your location asap; I'm going to behead you myself!! Can't you have ended it better?!]

 

Ring*

 

The next second, my phone vibrates. A reply?

 

I thought it was a reply from a fellow fallen comrade, but a familiar name entered my sight.

 

Spoiler woman

 

“Wha…the author?!!”

 

I shot up from my seat, my eyes about to fall out of their socket.

 

"Ahh wait..." My shock only lasted for a few seconds as I found the badge over my online name—Top Fan. "Yeah, I almost forgot..."

 

Although the author's name is Spoiler Woman, I had doubts about his or her identity. The novel has lewd attributes and a harem genre. But if she manages to write a total abomination like this, that author can't be human. Without much expectation, I read the author's message.

 

[Spoiler woman: I don’t even belong in your world HAHAHAHA.]

 

[Spoiler woman: Also, I'm merely inscribing the tale of the world; there's nothing I can change. Sadly….(TT)]

 

“This fu….What the hell is wrong with this person?!”

 

Sensing the bulging vein in my face, I hit the screen with my fingers, harder than it should be.

 

[I’m, me: You’re the author for good sake!! What do you mean you can’t change a thing!!?]

 

[Spoiler woman: Indeed, but how it will turn out is not in my hands.]

 

[Spoiler woman: If that world still has one chance left and you're given the prospect, what possibilities can you bring? When two protagonists literally failed miserably. ]

 

It's a nonsensical question, but somehow I end up with a truthful response.

 

[I'm, me: Nah, not someone like me; maybe the best version of me could do something about it? Kidding~HAHAHA]

 

[I'm, me: First off, I'd never want to end up in that world. But if the worst comes to worst, I want to give a better ending to the original protagonist and then figure everything out later.]

 

[Spoiler woman: I see... that'll do for now. Well, then see you later~]

 

 

Preparing coffee for myself, I somehow end up reviewing the novel several times…..

 

How many times have I rewritten the prologue and synopsis?

Me: Yes~

This is actually more sensible with the plan ahead for this work. Some chapters were also prone to editing. I somehow end up straying farther from that plan in some chapters. The world will also need some fixing. I also need to make sense of some parts.

Ugh, and that will take a lot of time before that happens.

 

PS: Will not affect the chapter far ahead...probably~

9