Chapter 4 Entangled Fate Part 2**
223 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entangled Fate, Part 2

 

Maybe fate was really messed up, to begin with, or is it just playing a prank? For giving life to them in the same year—perhaps that's something to be grateful about?

 

 

“Waahhh, waahh!!!! ”

 

On the day that the sun rises high, loud cries are heard in an enormous mansion. It can be said that it was a palace. Seeing it, one would think it was something brought out of fantasy. Insanely large gardens, a training field, tall walls, and a great gate—it was a modern place yet struck majestically.

 

Inside that palace-like mansion, one room stands out exceptionally. With its wooden door engraved with gold carvings. Inside, it was a meticulously built room with refined ornaments. Surrounding that place were several maids and butlers. They have a concerned expression yet look warm in certain places.

 

A gorgeous woman with gold hair and an exhausted complexion. She was resting in a large bed, holding a newborn baby in her arms, shedding tears, and emitting a very strong, brilliant light mainly composed of white.

 

 

Beside that bed was a man who seemed to be in his twenties. A well-built body with glistering silver hair and eyes. With tears in his eyes, he set his eyes on his child and placed his hand on its head.

 

“No matter what future awaits you, this father of yours will protect you."

 

 

                                                                                     ***

 

On another time, or perhaps earlier than those newborns that previously told.

 

 

Night in a place-like mansion that wouldn't lose to the previous one. A sleeping baby is carried by his mother, who has light brown hair. And beside them was a man with hair and eyes that were as black as an abyss.

 

He looked at his wife and son gently while being illuminated by four moons with different colors each.

 

"I'm sure you will be a person who will lead the darkness at night."

 

 

                                                                       ***

 

In a place similar to the office, a woman and a man are listening to the report of someone who looks similar to the butler.

 

The woman had a cool demeanor and dark violet hair that reached her back. "Are you sure about that?"

 

The butler replied calmly. "Yes, my lady, it appears that a distant family of yours that was attacked last year has a daughter who only reached one-year-old this year and has gone missing, and it seems that child possessed an ability that is unique in your family."

 

Intrigued, the man with coppery hair butts in. "What ability would that be?"

 

The butler replies with a slightly nervous expression. "It appears to be the sage ability—"all magic aptitude" that only appears on sage descendants."

 

The man and the woman widen their eyes and tighten their expressions.

 

The woman opened her mouth with a cold expression, and she ordered the butler. "So that's their motive. Bring the others and search for the child.”

 

                                                                  ***

 

A desolated world, nothing but white as far as the eye can see. In the midst of it, a white table and chairs are placed within. Sitting there was a mysterious woman with a blurry figure. Across from her was a geezer with an iconic long beard.

 

She has a faraway gaze, muttering to herself. "This is?!"

 

The geezer didn't miss that, and consequently, he proudly stroked his beard. "So now that the world is coming to an end, you finally realize my charm."

 

Despite her blurry appearance, her disgusted expression was visible. "Don't say that even as a joke. It's so disgusting that I might puke this very moment."

 

"That's hurt, you know?" He slumps his shoulder. "You seem to be distracted; have you seen something?"

 

“Mhm, yes.”

 

"I bet it's something not good again," he continued flatly. "We already do what we can. It seems this world and other worlds are fated to end. Well, it's already a long life; just let it be."

 

Then she cuts off his words. "That’s not it; something strange is happening right now.”

 

"I see, then what is it?" he said uninterestedly.

 

“Numerous beings were being linked. New possibilities were emerging.”

 

The geezer scoffs. "I'm sure it's a new hero or something that uses the power of friendship to cause trouble. Maybe a reincarnator or another worlder who goes around brainwashing to gather companions or women to make harem—slave harem at worst."

 

"The supposed future has already been changed by the birth of another person that can influence the world, the so-called protagonist," he sneered, sipping his cup of tea.

 

"Would you listen first?" said the woman with a cold tone. Seeing the scared geezer, she continued. "People that are not supposed to be connected are being connected right now. Even those two are being connected. All the people that those two are unable to bring together are being gathered in one place."

 

The old man spits his tea; he hears the woman say disgusting things, but he doesn't care as that's not important right now. "Is that true?"

 

The woman has a face as if she herself couldn't believe it. "Indeed, it's hard to believe—but I see it."

 

The old man sprung up from his seat, raising his voice. "That's impossible; those two are complete opposites. Those two together are untold; none of the possibilities we saw so far have the two of them together."

 

She ignores the loud geezer. "I understand your feeling, but calm down. Yeah, those two have different fates, but they're connected right now."

 

Still baffled, the old man inquires. "And what do you mean by all those people that those two are unable to bring together being gathered in one place?”

 

"It's exactly as I say, a human, demon, celestial being, and even the former celestial being that is not interested in the world anymore. There are still others like “world-overseers” such as you and lost celestial beings being gathered. At the center of that is one person.”

 

"Who's that person? "the old man pressed. "Who's the person who's able to do such a thing?"

 

“I'm not sure either. There are countless possibilities, but there is no definite one. All those possibilities are blurred; it seems it's defending to the person itself how it will turn out."

 

“We should look for that person as soon as possible," he urged.

 

"There's no need for that," she said. "If you're worried that a person is gathering them to do something bad, then you're wrong; some of those people that will be gathered can't be gathered with bad intentions after all."

 

Taking a sip of her tea, she adds. “I’m not really sure how they will be gathered. But one thing for sure is that the person who will gather them has been born this year.”

 

“So an infant, huh?" The geezer's expression changed. "It seems it will be much easier.”

 

A mysterious grin appears on the woman's lips. "It seems you're planning to kidnap the kid; if you want to get killed, feel free."

 

"It's true; I'm planning to kidnap the brat," he says, remaining apathetic but intrigued. "How would I die?"

 

He laughs mockingly. "This great me would be killed by a mere brat?! Good joke."

 

"Has your age drained your brain cells?"  The woman scoffed, fed up with the geezer's BS. "Obviously, not from the kid—but its guardian."

 

The old man raised one of his brows. "A person that can kill me... Who's the guardian?"

She grins meaningfully. “Someone you knew”

 

‘Ehh, who? "The old man was puzzled, leaving a stupid voice.

 

“That isn't important." He became agitated, but the woman glossed over it. "Even if you succeed in getting the child, that child will not move and will not gather those people. It appears that a child is a little fragile and barely clings to something to be stable."

 

The old man thought for a bit. “I see if you’re the one saying it. I guess there’s nothing for me to do.

 

"That's good; that child will have to do something in a few years that will have a great impact in the future. After that, that child will come for you."

                                                                                                                   

“Really? Why? "Not expecting those words, his mind entered a state of confusion.

 

“I’m not sure about the reason, but that child will go to your place.”

 

"Well, if that is the case, I really don't need to do anything, huh?"

 

"For now, look for that child and watch over. I'm not sure about the appearance, but it's a boy with a beautiful mana loved by the spirits and by a quite interesting person who is dangerous at the same time."

 

"I see. I will look into it." The geezer came to a realization. "Dangerous person, who is it?"

 

The woman smiles and invades the topic. "That's a secret," she said, and she waved her hand, shooing away the old man. “Shuu, go away; I need some private time.”

 

"Fine, fine, anything else to say? "he asks in a defeated manner.

 

The women think for a bit. “There’s nothing; look after the child, and when he comes to you, just let him be himself.”

 

"Okay, gotcha," said the geezer, vanishing in thin air.

 

As the woman is left alone, a delighted smile appears on her face. “I saw something interesting.”

 

“Lives connected by fate—no perhaps entangled fate”

 

"Sorry, geezer, I didn’t tell you something.” Apologizing to the old man who had already vanished, she grinned salaciously.

 

"To think that I belonged to those people that will be gathered by that boy—perhaps a man.”

 

“Now I wonder how you will conquer and save me," she mumbled excitedly.

 

“I’m looking forward to it, my fated person.”

 

Leaving those words behind, she vanished.

8