Chapter 6 Carus*
173 7 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Carus

 

I’m sure that time...

 

At that moment, the door across me suddenly opens. My brain processes at the fastest possible rate. My eyes land on Cilestia. 'Was a child enveloped by light normal in this world? ' I'm certain that I'm in another world. But—

 

Does magic exist here?

 

What if these gleaming flows of light are unnatural? I don't think newborn children are supposed to have lights surrounding them. 'Aren't I in a pinch here? '  If a kid wrapped in light is abnormal, what would happen to me?

 

Would they make me their experimental pig?

 

Cold sweat flowed on my back.

 

This is dangerous without even starting; my life might start in the worst way possible. I don't want to grow up in the lab. Feed with all sorts of medicine and conduct various experiments. Shit. My whole body shuddered from dread.

 

A person starts entering the gap in the open door.

 

In a panic, I scream in my mind.

 

Uwahaahh, Cilestia, hide! They will turn me into a lab rat. It seems I’m unknowingly crying again in fear of turning into an experimental substance.

 

As expected of Cilestia, she's quite obedient already hidin...

 

Oyyy, why are you heading there?!!!

 

Cilestia lunged towards the door, emitting a strong light. The waves of light take the shape of a wall. Is she trying to protect me? But—

 

You aren’t supposed to do that! Idiot!! I don't know what that light is made of, but I'm certain it's not enough to stop a person. Silly, it’s much better if you hide.

 

Ohhh, god, is this the end? Hic, I don’t want to be a lab rat. That’s the worst possible start to my Isekai life. I don’t want a fucking dark fantasy with a shitty revenge plot.

 

As I was preparing for my fate, a calming, gentle voice reached my ears.

 

“Sigh…. as I thought you materialized your mana again.”

 

Just hearing it was enough to ease me. Wait, have I heard this voice before? Though, I’m not sure about that now, I think I heard a sigh along with those unknown words. Even so, it's strangely soothing. Another being that can comfort me easily, aside from Cilestia? Who….?

 

With a soft, gentle voice like that. It’s undoubtedly a woman...

 

“That’s dangerous, you know. What if others sense it? ”

 

“I’m glad I put some mana restriction devices in the house.”

 

Why does it feel like I'm being scolded?

 

Wait.

 

Now that I think about it, she doesn't seem to be shocked by Cilestia’s presence, even though Cilestia is emitting a dazzling light. She easily passes the wall of light. Well, thought so, so don’t let it get into you, Cilestia. You can always make an indestructible barrier later.

 

“Don’t worry, no one will hurt you here.”

 

Strangely, with those words, the lab rat thing disappeared in my head. Casting my eyes on my chest, a bluish light sits there. Cilestia? When did she get there?

 

“But to think you have auto-defense without even reaching a year.”

 

Hmm….. It feels like I'm being praised right now. It feels good for some reason.

 

While I was thinking about such a thing, she reached the crib I was in. Lowering her body, I met her eyes.

 

Pretty….

 

I can feel Cilestia poking at my cheeks. But you can’t blame me. As expected in another world, they have a beauty knockout for me. Allow me to say it.

 

I’m glad I got reincarnated in another world!

 

Her gleaming green eyes captivate my eyes. As if nature itself were staring down at me. I'm not able to tear my eyes away. I'm mesmerized by yet another beauty I have seen for the first time.

 

At that moment, nature smiled at me, a very caring smile that gave me a sense of fulfillment.

 

'Oh, who should I thank for this splendorous blessing? And also, Cilestia, could you please stop picking on my nose? '

 

Thanks to Cilestia assaulting my nostril, I have been snapped to reality. I'm able to assess the person in front of me properly. Although I doubt there's a point to it, After all, I'm already enthralled by her eyes alone.

 

Her nature-like eyes and gentle smile from her glossy lips combine with her fair skin. With her gracefully refined face and a hint of calmness suitable for her kind smile, And as for her hair, as expected from another world, they have what I’m dreaming of.

 

A long, lustrous silver hair protrudes from her back, and it turns green at the end of it. She has a well-developed body. If I've got to guess, she appears to be 20 or below. Wearing a peasant white dress with green linings plus some gold pinned to it. The line of her ample breasts was visible in her dress. How do I say this? The perfect size for my desire...

 

As I'm having my imbecile and immoral thoughts, a new sensation of warmth hits me. It didn't come from Cilestia this time—who's currently digging herself in my right cheek. Instead, it's a feeling shared with skin contact. I found a delicate hand carefully tracing my face.

 

This….

 

I inadvertently caught her hand with both of my small hands, pinning it in my face. Cilsetia was trying to shake it off, so I grabbed her and hugged her in the face with this smooth, caring hand. I shut my eyes off, savoring this newfound sensation.

 

This feels fucking nice.

 

                                                                   ***

 

 

“Fhu-fhu." The gentle-looking woman let out a wholesome giggle. Genuinely enjoyed the sight of a sleeping child with a pleased expression, as it held her hand firmly. As he holds his mana as if it were his precious possession.

 

"He has already fallen asleep." She props herself with a crib rail. As she indulges herself in her own satisfaction for a while.

 

"Hmm, he's been sleeping peacefully for a while now." After remaining in her position for quite a while, she thought for a bit. He's already sleeping this well, despite only being awake for a couple of minutes.

 

“Hmm...” her eyes land on the bluish light in the young child's hand. Mana... he materialized a lot of his mana earlier, dense enough to be seen with the naked eye. 'Was he tired because of that? '

 

Once again, she cast her eyes toward the bluish light, but with wonder—or perhaps suspicion?

 

'If that's true, why is the densest mana still intact, which is in his hand..?''

 

Incidentally, her hand slips out of the child's grip. Strangely enough, the child's hands were already taken over by the bluish mana. She pays it no mind and instead uses this change to lift the child into her arms.

 

Once she carefully placed the child in her arms, she remembered a very crucial thing.

 

“Ahh, now that I remembered, you still haven’t got a name.“

 

She observes the child's face with a kind expression. "What should I name you?"

 

She keeps contemplating for a bit as she keeps enjoying the child's sleeping face. "I think you'll grow up to be a person who freely does what he desires. So I think I should freely choose a name either."

 

She couldn’t think of one, but she noticed the bluish mana again. "You two really suit each other, huh?"

 

Her lips curled up into a hearty smile. “Mhh, I’ll name you...”

 

                                                                                    ***

 

My head is light, but I’m cozy.

 

 

I'm already awake, but I refuse to open my eyes. Sleeping is one of my few habits because—why not? Although this time I exceptionally enjoyed the soothing feeling from Cilestia and the delicate hand of a gentlewoman, whose name was unknown to me, I experienced the most comfortable sleep of my entire life. Sleeping without worry is something I wish for.

 

Ummm…. That was a fucking good sleep in a while. I don't want to open my eyes yet; at least a few more minu—hours. Let's enjoy Cilestia and her hand.

 

Huh?

 

I was about to let myself lose myself in the lands of dreaming again until I realized one of the tickets was missing—where was the hand? As I can't sense the hand of the gorgeous person, I peek with my slightly open eyes. And indeed, the hand disappeared. Seeing Cilestia's regime over my shoulder, I decided to open my heavy eyes despite my unwillingness. Just to search for my comfy pillow.

 

Yet I found something more valuable, more precious, and more important: filled with hope and aspiration, the pair of hills from heaven... It was right beside my face that I could...

 

“Ahhh, you're finally awake."

 

And the owner of those bewbs was obviously—how do I say this—I hate myself. I feel extremely guilty. I shouldn't have immoral thoughts about such a gentle person. I got the feeling that she'd be someone that I'd spend my new life with.

 

With her and Cilestia alone, that is enough for my new life. It's not like I needed to do anything extraordinary as a child.

 

I'm just going to spend the early years of my new life peacefully. I've no plan to pull off crazy stunts like in some stuff I read in my past life. Like killing an adult in a body 2 or 3 years old and reading books as an infant; if I were to do something like that, I'd surely be thrown straight to the laboratory for experimentation.

 

I have been shaken out of my thoughts. As the person carrying me leaps me near her face, Seeing it this close, her face is really out of this world. I used the situation to touch her slick hair and feel her warm face with my tiny hand.

 

She smiles gently as I hold her face. Witnessing it this close was enough to flood my heart.

 

She’s my goddess.

               

 

“Hello, I'm Lhifhina.”

 

While I'm mesmerized by her goddess-like look, she utters words, which I'll be able to learn at a later date.

 

“And you’ll be Carus from now on.”

 

 

8