Chapter 11 The destination of decision (2)*
122 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Destination of Decision (2)

 

“I did it….”

 

"Uhh-huh? You did it?!"

 

Lhina caught my mumble, turning her attention to me. The cold air around her completely disappeared, as if it hadn't happened. Her eyes widen in awe, which comes out really cutely. What's up with this day? I get to see new sides of Lhifhina in mere seconds.

 

"Shocked, proud, and still irritated with spirits."

 

I blurted out the emotion I picked up from her mana, though I left out things I had sensed earlier. Causing her to freeze in her place. It takes a second for her to recover. Her lips broke into a gentle yet proud smile, warmly resting her moist eyes on me. As if this was her proudest moment—no, I can certainly feel that.

 

“Caru! You really did it!! ”

 

She runs over to me with her hands wide open. Though I'm not able to react properly, I'm busy enjoying her face. If there's a screenshot in real life, I would spam it at this moment.

 

“I’m glad…”

 

Without resisting, I accepted her arms as she lowered herself. I can feel the rapids of happiness within her. I don't know why she was strangely happy for me. But if she genuinely reacts like this, I feel content with myself.

 

There’s no way I’d decline affection from someone as perfect as her.


 

Present day

 

I doubt I’d find someone like Lhina in my past life.

 

Despite the result of my data analysis, she pays it no mind. Accepting me as I am, without the discrimination or the toxic expectations. Affection fulfills my daily life with the care she has for me.

 

Even if I'm lacking and talentless, she raises me and is there to look after me. Giving me my needs; teaching me what I want and what is good for me. She can be sincerely happy, for my sake. A love that's new to me, unlike the familial love I had in my past life. Her sacrifices, time, and attention that she granted me wouldn't ever be forgotten.

 

Ah, really, Lhina was so perfect!!!

 

I want to marry her!!!!!

 

"….. argh!"

 

After screaming my utmost desire in my head, my daydream has been cut short. A high-speed, revolving metallic ball almost grazed my cheek. I'm able to tilt my head at the right moment, barely avoiding my skin. A cold, sweet crawl on my skin, letting out an edgy voice.

 

“Whoa!!! That was close.”

 

I heaved a sigh of relief as the metallic ball stabilized in the air. It didn't come out of thin air or anything. It was my own doing. I used it to expand my control over mana. It was a ball made from dense metal from a dungeon somewhere.

 

Its sheer weight was befitting of its origin. Though I don't remember its exact weight, that aside, what I do know is that I can't lift it physically. My physical strength sucks; I don't know if it's due to my young body, but lifting it even slightly is impossible unless I augment my body with mana.

 

If this shit hits me, I most likely won’t witness the sunrise tomorrow.

 

Despite the threat it possesses, it was the best thing to practice with, due to its resistance to mana. It was perfect if I wanted to maintain dominance over mana-resistant kinds of stuff. In fact, I've got several of them still suspended in the air.

 

It was a gift from Lhifhina two years ago. She apparently saw me levitating countless rocks. So she gave me these specialized spheres with a size bigger than a marble. If she hadn't given it to me that time, I'd be about to lift a gigantic boulder with my mana, as I'm not producing any results from pebbles.

 

It was hard to use in the beginning because of its anti-mana properties. But over time, I got the gist of it. From one to several, until this very day, that’s already lacking for me. Thus, I end up adding yet another ridiculous thing.

 

Dust.

 

Aside from several metallic balls, dust from the same material, which I don't even want to count, was hovering in the air. It's been so long since I got tired of the metallic balls that I added dust. I deem it useless to fetch it without asking at a facility in the orphanage called Amory. Or whatever they call that place.

 

It was to improve and test my consistency. How much I can simultaneously control, no matter how minuscule it may be. I’m even starting to doubt how I’m able to maintain it without focusing on it; I'm daydreaming about my marriage with Lhina and other things.

 

However, that doubt proves to be true, as I'm forced to stop all of it from moving because of a single metallic sphere almost hitting my face. It's moving in the fastest way I can afford. With its weight and is powered by mana, getting hit by it wouldn't be a simple bruise, of which I've been seriously warned by Lhina.

 

I thought I was already used to it, but to think one would slip past. I wonder why...

 

"Hey, that freak is on it again."

 

“Don’t mind that, inept.”

 

"A trash is playing with a trash; what do you expect?"

 

"Why was someone like that being taken care of by our vice head?"

 

“She shouldn’t waste time with a kid like that.”

 

"Instead, she should spend time on a date with me."

 

“Hahhhahah, don’t even joke like that.”

 

"We all know a fat guy like you has no chance."

 

My contemplation was cut short as I realized I was being jeered at. I'm lying down beside a tree with my back resting on it. It was a place near the playground. So I'm presumably visible with the eyes of the person surrounding me, either a kid or an adult, but I doubt the dust around me was visible to them.

 

Whilst the scorn on their faces as they belittled me is visible, their mockery is audible to me. This was a normal occurrence for me here. It's not like I feel anything about it, though I remember their faces. Especially the fat bastard who talks about dating Lhina. I'm going to butcher you alive and roast you.

 

“I want to kill these fuckers.” I cursed under my breath from frustration.

 

Tsk, some of them are adults, and I can't hurt kids for the time being. I've been strictly scolded by Lhina after I bagged some kids last week. Doing the same thing is out of the question. And beating some adults in my current state is unimaginable.

 

I have already trained in plain sight a few times in the orphanage. There were times when guards were patrolling around my secret passage. So I've no choice but to train within the orphanage with minimum mana. But the reason this time was different.

 

Apparently, they are supervising the wall because of the dispute a week ago. They found out that several kids managed to sneak out of the orphanage. I discovered the hole in the wall that they used and sealed it; as I expected, it's not the passage I use—it's too critical for idiots after all.

 

But if it's just a few brats, maybe I can lure them somewhere, seclude them, and commit another onslaught.

 

Incidentally, while planning my sinister plot, a distinctive, gentle voice reached my ears.

 

"Caru, you're not getting an idea about something again this time, are you?"

 

I got cold feet from the sudden intrusion, so the latter is. I sprung up slowly, turning behind my back, where the voice came from. I prepared a fake innocent smile, stabilizing my mana as much as possible so my emotion wouldn’t leak.

 

What greeted me was an extremely beautiful, gentle face, but with narrow eyes directed at me.

 

"Uhhh, err...Lhina, since when did you get there?"

 

I asked Lhina, who still has suspicions in her eyes.

 

“Just now.”

 

With her short response, I can't even breathe a sigh of relief. Even the surroundings turn silent at her sudden appearance.

 

"I, see, I'm not really planning anything this time." Forcing some words out, I try to keep my eyes straight as much as possible.

 

Yet~

 

"Hmm, if you say so."

 

Though, to my surprise, she reacted differently from what I expected. With a delicate look, Lhina opens her arms widely, lowering her body to my level. Understanding that gesture, I enthusiastically jumped at her.

 

The warmth of her body quickly embraced me, with a certain part of her near my face that might cause a war—well, I'd certainly fought in a war for it. At that moment, an eerie sensation crawled through my skin.

 

Ehhhh?

 

An extreme irritation leaked out of Lhina. With closer inspection, I realize it's not directed at me but at the obnoxious clowns in our background.

 

Is she mad at the...

 

Before I even finished my thoughts, Lhina buried me deeper in her chest. perplexed by her sudden action, which brought me into confusion. I failed to comprehend the situation.

 

"Uh, Huh...Err, what's up all of a sudden?"

 

Incidentally, my query was soon answered by the sudden uproar in our surroundings—war broke out.

 

"Tsk, that kid got lucky again."

 

"Kihh, I'm jealous."

 

"Ugh, I want to feel those things as well."

 

"That brat should switch places with me."

 

"I want to rest my head between those hills as well."

 

"The vice head really has a body to gawk at."

 

 

Lhina gazes down at me, giggling modestly. "Fufufufu, their reaction makes them unsightly; don't you think so, Caru?"

 

Geez... So she’s amusing herself, huh?

 

With that, I realize the reason behind her sudden action. It seems she learns how to be mischievous, which might be because I often flaunt my intimacy with some dolts in this place to agitate them.

 

It’s satisfying to see her like this. Though I don't think I can ignore the surging hatred within me, even the mana surrounding us was fluctuating, responding to my emotions. With cold eyes, I sharply turn to where the voices came from. I just couldn't ignore their words.

 

"These mothers fucke......"

 

I’m about to lash out at them, but a warm feeling on my lips halts my words, bringing me back to my senses. I notice that Lhina is already resting her index finger on my lips with warm eyes set on me.

 

"I'm glad that you're mad at them, for me, but you don't need to worry about it. I couldn't care less what they said.” She continued with a thin grin, gesturing with her eyes. “And what are you planning to do with those metallic spheres?"

 

The moment she said that, I just realized that several metallic spheres were already hovering in the air, delicately packed with my mana. It seems I'm already going for a kill without realizing it. It's frustrating that she can calm me down that easily.

 

"Cute is already releasing intent in this kind of thing."

 

She mutters something, but I'm unable to catch on to it, as things are already going through my mind.

 

I'm not able to do anything. We are sure of the same. We don't care what others say to us through hate when it's those who are dear to us. She is precious to me. I don't want to lose her.

 

"Lhina is only mine. I wouldn't give you to anyone."

 

"You already become possessive, huh? Don't worry, I'll wait—until you grow up, that is."

4