Skulking after dark
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Fourth day of Hannah's escape, sky over Westbridge, late evening.}

The group flew, wings beating as air rushed beneath them, a feeling of elation that only stopped when Hannah felt the hunger she did on the first day of escaping, hot bile rising in her stomach as she smelled a tinge of sulfur from the city below.

"Initiate landing."

Everyone followed her command as she descended to the ground, making sure her massive wings would not come into contact with the nearby trees.

Immediately, they did their best to cover themselves up with cloaks, the massive wings a bit inhibiting in that process.

Asceron lead the group towards the gate, the two rather bored guards barely acknowledging his request to enter, simply nodding absentmindedly as the group passed by them.

"What was that about?" Hannah asked, her eyebrows raised as she inspected her pale follower.

"It was the same feeling I had when leaving the shadows, the split second of an Idea of the unimaginable pain. My revival was an affront to the gods, and it seems they will inflict a divine punishment on me whenever it becomes possible. It is as if the darkness clinging to my back recedes under specific circumstances, and among those seem to be the direct radiance of the sun and gates I pass without being granted passage. Maybe we can understand all the rules of this form in time, my lady."

Morgan took note of that, His tentacles quickly procuring a silver tablet that they write on, the language foreign to everyone else as the words are burned into the material.

Fafnir's snout was formed to a grin, and with every step both Hannah and Asceron grew more and more unwell.

Suddenly, four cloaked figures left the alley next to them, quickly surrounding the group as they began to whisper incantations. One of them went for a dagger strike, only for him to be caught by Asceron, a quick punch exchange taking place before the undead opened his jaws. Suddenly, Asceron's face twisted into the bat like visage he had when first waking up, his teeth elongating and sharpening as he tore into the cultists throat, the fresh blood pooling from the wound quickly absorbed as he pushed his tongue inside the wound.

It took only a few seconds between the bite and the shriveled husk hitting the ground, the shadows clinging to Asceron as he threw the dired carcass back into the alley.

The other fights were going similarly.

The man engaging with Fafnir had problems passing through the defenders scales with his dagger, barely dodging the dragonkins clawed strikes as he did so. Every few seconds, he would summon a small blast of energy and push his opponent away, which worked until Fafnir grabbed him by the throat, held him up and punched clean through his intestines.

The fight that Morgan fought was probably the most disturbing, though.

His tentacles had long since restrained the cultist, now entering through the ears, mouth and nose to pass into the mans skull.

Quickly, his brain was encircles with those tentacles as the hairy endings brushed along the outer rim of the brain.

A muffled scream escaped the man as his brain began to dissolve, the tentacles releasing enzymes to ensure that the organ was properly dismantled as he absorbed his knowledge. 

The fourth fight worked on entirely different grounds, both the cultist and Hannah having a staredown as they locked eyes, hannah waiting for an opportunity to strike, while her opponent decided not to attack.

The fight ended when the last cultist was hit by the dried up carcass, the man simply passing out as his ally was thrown upon him.

The smell of sulfur came from the corpses, a smell so eye watering that Hannah barely resisted the urge to eat the men before her.

"Something is wrong with this city, but maybe, just maybe, we can profit from this."

Hannah noted, the group proceeding further towards the city center in search of something to do.

"Now, I would normally have led you towards a nearby tower, but it seems this place will be our residence for now.

Let's get rid of any possible rivals, this is our territory, and nobody should be stupid enough to hunt in here except us."

The group continued their path in silent agreement, their eyes scanning for opportunities everywhere, while Hannah did her best to follow the smell of sulfur to its core.

The group found an Inn that was open when first light came, quickly booking a room as they went to sleep, only asceron remained awake, his ever vigilant gaze fixed upon the door as he pulled the curtains closed.

"What have I stumbled into? An Alf is the least Alien among my new companions, and my heart stopped beating a while ago... but maybe, this is for the better, at least it won't grow boring too soon."

0