The Meeting
104 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kirito and Asuna were walking through Tolbana. Asuna turned at Kirito and asked him "Where are we going?" Kirito turned at her and said, "Amphitheater, this the location the meeting will be held."

"There are two hours until then, I will meet you there." With that Kirito turned around to leave. Asuna eyes flinched at his casual dismiss of hearing. She reached her hand and grabbed his collar from behind before saying "Listen, you are not going to treat me like a hassle. You bought me here so you are going to help me pass the next two hours."

Kirito was surprised, he didn't expect that reaction from her, but he didn't refuse. He smiled at her and said "Alright then. What do you want to do?"

Asuna eyes twitched at his smile, for some reason she didn't dislike him smiling at her, it made her feel warmness in her heart, something that she couldn't explain for some reason.

"Teach me about the system, how things work, and how to get stronger." Kirito nodded and said "Alright, Let's find a place to sit and eat while we are at it." with that Kirito turned around and started walking, Asuna silently followed him.

While walking she looked at his back, and couldn't help but think that he is not bad looking. A few minutes of walking and they reached a restaurant. They both seated in a table and Kirito ordered both of them food.

With that Kirito started to explain to her about the SAO system, from the leveling system to skills slots. He explained the effect of one leveling up, the strength increase one get at each level.

When he finished he explained that at the beginning of the game one gets two skills slots, the third one is given when one reaches level 6, the fourth skill slot is given at level 12, the fifth slot is given at level 20, and from then one will get a skill slot for every ten levels.

After that, he started to explain the combat skill, support skills, and even weapon skills.

He started by explaining about weapon skills, he explained that their several types of weapons skills, for example, «One-Handed Sword» or «One-Handed Curved Sword». In order to get the «Rapier» weapon skill, for example, one needs to train  «One-Handed Sword» quite a bit before they will appear on the weapon skill list.

Then he explained about support type skills, that their main objective is to support one, they won't give a boost to one fighting capabilities, for example, Hiding type or Searching skills.

And lastly, he explained about the combat-type skills like that their main objective is actual support to one combat ability, like Battle-healing that healing one HP through a fight.

Asuna immersed herself in the knowledge he was sharing with her, most of the knowledge was in the guide book she got before from Argo, but Kirito's way of explaining was a lot more understandable.

Without noticing, two hours passed and Kirito finished explaining. Kirito stood up and looked at Asuna before saying "Time up. Let's go to the meeting place." Asuna nodded and they started walking.

- First Floor, Talobana, Amphitheater -

Kirito and Asuna reached the Amphitheater, the Amphitheater was filled with players. Kirito and Asuna both found a place to seat.

The players were setting and speaking with each other until a blue-haired man walked into the platform. "Thanks, everyone for coming! My name is Diavel. The job I take is a knight!"

He said while pounding his chest! The crowd burst into laughter at his weird statement.

Diavel smiled at the people laughing at him, he didn't seem to mind it at all. "Alright, today our party found the boss room."

Diavel continued "It took us a month, but for the first time we have proof, a chance that this death game one day might come to its end. That's why we must do our best to fight, that's our duty, the higher-leveled players!"

Under his words some players got serious and some were shocked, but more than anything, hope-filled all of them, that this nightmare can one day come to an end.

Diavel inspirational speech made them have hope as slowly people started clapping and cheering.

Kirito smiled as he crossed arms. Diavel kept speaking "Alright, Now it's time to build up teams before the boss fights."

Players started to temp up with each other making parties. Kirito looked around as he smiled weakly not surprised at the turn of events, just like before he was left out. Kirito turned at Asuna about to offer her to team with him when someone yelled.

"Wait up a second!"

A player jumped to the platform, slowly stood up and his gaze searched through the crowd,

The player had an orange hair with a short yet solidly built man with sienna, spiky (cactus-styled) hair. He also has a small sienna goatee and brown eyes and wears a scale mail armor with a rather large one-handed sword on his back.

He growled as he said with hostility toward the sitting players "My name is Kibaou. Before we fight the boss, I want to address some players."

His words got the attention of the players. "You cowards Beta-testers, there should be quite a bit of you hiding here, stop being such a coward and show yourselves!"

His words made the players look at each other in suspicion. Kibaou didn't stop there though "We all know about the 700 hundred players that lost their lives so far, right?! The demanded Beta-testers that abandoned all of us and went on and gotten stronger all by themselves!"

Hostility started to feel the platform as people started to suspect each other.

That's when a heavy voice came "Do you mind me saying something?"

A massive and bulky bald man with a brown goatee and brown eyes. He also has two silver earrings on his left ear.

He slowly came toward Kibaou and spoke "My name is Agil. Kibaou-san, you are blaming the beta-testers for the casualties so far, right?

Kibaou annwerd coldly "Yeah I do. So what?"

Agil took out a book from his storage and showed it "This an item that free in all shops in SAO. It's a guide book. You have one right?"

"Yeah, I do, so?" Answered Kibou sweating a bit. Agil opened the book as he spoke: "This book was written by the beta-testers. Everyone listen, Everyone had full access to this information, still, players died. Looking for someone to blame won't change the current situation, we should focus on how to defeat the boss."

Kiabou couldn't find anything to retort Agil so he only murmured and went back to sit.

Diavel smiled at Agil fair action and spoke again "Alright, now can we work on the plan now? The book defines the boss as «Illfang the Kobold Lord». He has his minions knows as «Ruin Kobold Sentinels». The boss main attacking patterns are with Axe and Shield. He has four HP bars, when the last one goest red he switch his fighting style to a sword style, the swords name is «Tulwar».

The crowd listened carefully to his explanations. Diavel explained fairly all the information and finished that the fairest will be whoever gets an item, keeps it, same with money.

Everyone agreed and that's when the meeting ended.

2