Second Chance (2)
136 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He opened his eyes and saw himself in a plaza... Kirito clutch his hands as he looked completely shocked at his surroundings... 'What? Is this real?' blue flashes appeared next to him and people keep appearing.

He slowly raised his eyes and looked at his HP Gauge that was located on the upper left corner of his field of vision. His name, Hp Gague along with hit points (250/250), and his current level (1).

He put his right index finger and thumb together and the pulled down as the Main Menu Window
appeared, he slowly went down to the Settings/Main menu option. The right screen opened three sub-menus - Option and Help, the last one was completely blank.

His eyes furrowed a bit as he said 'I really got back? That's mean what that man said was true.' he remembered Asuna as he promised himself 'It will take some time, but I promise you we will be back, Asuna. But first"

He started running across the town as he aimed to reach the filed when he heard "Hey, you!"

Kirito was surprised before turning around and seeing a red-haired man. He stopped as he seemed to breathe heavily "You are a Beta Tester, right? You run here like you know where you are going!"

'Klein...?' he asked himself. The red-hair man grabbed his hand "Do you mind show me a bit?! My name is Klein! Nice to meet you."

Kirito smiled as he said, "I'm Kirito."

- A Few Hours Later -

Kirito in these few hours taught Klein everything there was to know about SAO, It took a while for Klein to learn how to utilize Sword Skill, how to use the motion, and even more so to kill a single boar.

Most of the time he allowed Klein to do everything by himself, from time to time he gave him advice. Kirito wasn't worried about Klein, he was a slow learner but he will grow to be strong.

After a while, both Kirito and Klein was sitting at the grass watching at the sunset. Klein told Kirito that he is going to log out but failed. Kirito didn't say anything for he already knew that.

Klein tried to call the GM but no answer. That's when a blue light engulfed both of them and they both disappeared.

-------- Town of Beginning --------

Kirito slowly looked around him unsurprised by the current turn of event! Klein looked at Kirito and asked "Kirito... What is that?" Blue lights constantly appeared next to them as more and more players teleported.

"Forced Teleportation." Said Kirito very calmly as he pointed at the sky. The sky slowly started to be filled with cell plates with the word "Warning".

Blood started to come out of the deep red cell plates as it took the form of a large hooded figure.

Questions and questions could be heard in every direction. Klein and Kirito said nothing as they continued to look up. Suddenly, the hooded figure raised his hands.

"Attention all players, Welcome to my world. My name is Akihiko Kayaba. Right now I'm the only one capable of controlling this world." Introduced the red hooded figure. Kirito wasn't surprised at all.

"I'm sure most of you noticed the absence of the logout button from the Main menu screen." Said the hooded man "However, this is not an error nor a mistake. This an original feature of Sword Art Online."

"Feature...?" Klein exclaimed horrified.

Kayaba Akihiko continued "Logging out of SAO on your own is not possible anymore, neither outside interference can help you. In a case, someone tries to remove the NervGear from your head, it will instantly emit powerful microwave radiation, that will destroy your brain, finishing your life.

Players started to rumble about his words, some thought he was insane, some thought it was the introduction of some big event for the starting of Sword Art Online.

Klein looked over to Kirito. "What is he talking about? He lost his mind, right, Kirito?"

Kirito eyes were focused on someone at the plaza as he spoke "No. He is right. The signals emitted by the NervGear's transmitter are the same as microwaves. If the limiter is disabled, frying one brain isn't impossible."

"Then if you cut off the power?" Klein asked hopefully.

'It won't work. The NervGear has an internal battery." He said crushing Klein hops.

Klein had a look of disbelief before he shook his head. "W-What?! Why?!" Kirito didn't answer as his eyes still fixed on the calmest man in the entire plaza.

"It's unfortunate but some families decided to not heed my warning and as of now, 213 players have left Aincrad and the real world." Kayaba Akihiko stated calmly. With that, he waved his hand as screens appeared around him.

In the screens many news about incidents and unfortunate deaths. "But as of now, you do not need to worry about your NerveGear being removed. So have peace of mind and enjoy the game to it's fullest."

"But one last thing, I would like you to keep in your mind, reviving is no longer possible in the game. Once you HP reached zero, your avatar will be erased, and the NervGear will destroy your brain."

Horror was apparent in many players' eyes.

"The only way to get out of this game is to clear all the hundred floors. Right now you are on the lowest floor, floor one. Defeat the Floor boss of each floor and advance to the next one, Defeat the boss on the hundredth floor, and you will clear the game."

Klein's eyes were twitching in fear as he said "Clear all on hundred floors? This impossible. None of the beta testers made it anywhere near that!"

Kayaba Akihiko watched at the crowd and said: "Lastly, I have starting gift for all of you, in your storage, feel free to check."

Kirito knew what going to happen so he didn't bother he only closed his eyes as he was surrounded by the white light.

As the light slowly dimmed Kirito opened his eyes and looked around him only to see Klein.

"Kirito?" said Klein confused.

Kirito said "Klein?" Well, he knew but he had to play that he didn't know how Klein looked like.
They looked at each other before Klein exclaimed "So that means...You're Kirito?! How?"

Kirito thought a bit before saying "The scan... The NerveGear covered your entire face so it capable of knowing your facial features, but our height and weight?"

Klein answered him "When we first used the NerveGear, we had to calibrate, we had to touch our bodies all over."

"True. It can explain how it got the data," he said as his eyes once again drifted toward a certain player.

"But why? Why did he do such a thing?!" Klein asked as he grabbed his head in confusion.

"He will probably answer that soon," Kirito said as he pointed toward the sky.

"You must be wondering, why? Why the creator of Sword Art Online and the NerveGear will do this? My main goal was to create a world of my own, that's why I created Sword Art Online." Kayaba Akihiko exclaimed. "And with that, Sword Art Online official tutorial comes to its end. I wish to all of you players, best of luck."

And with that, the red-hooded figure slowly disappeared together with the red cell plates. The sky reverted to its original color.

People started to scream at the horror as the Plaza was covered in a scream of people losing their relationality Kirito grabbed Klein's arm and lead him to an alley.

"Klein, Listen well. The best course of action right now will be going to the next town as soon as possible. Come with me. If what he said is true, we will need to do our best to get stronger as soon as possible. It won't be long before the whole area will be stormed by other players. I know all the dangers zones and safe routes there, we can make it there safely even at level one."

Klein blinked. "But you know, I was waiting in line for SAO with friends I met in another game. They probably out there scared out of there minds. I can't leave them behind."

Kirito bought his head down 'I was stupid to think anything will change.' Klein smiled and said "Sorry. I really can't ask you for anymore!" He said with a smile "Don't worry! I used to be a guild master in the last game I played! So I will get by with the skills you taught me. So go ahead and get to the next village."

Kirito clenched his teeth and thought, 'What am I hesitant about so much? He was fine last time."

"Alright." Kirito turned around as he said "See ya... Klein."

"Kirito!" Called me Klein as I walked, I didn't stop, I only kept walking afraid that I might do something that will change the future that I know about Klein.

"Kirito!" he shouted, trying to sound playful. "Your real look is way better! Totally my type!"

I smiled at his words and said: "And that messed-up face of yours suits you a hundred times more!"

I didn't turn around as I ran toward the next town leaving the town of beginnings, I ran with no regrets. 'This time I will finish this game, This time I will see Aincrad thoroughly to the end. I will end it this time.'

That's when a «Wolf» monster spawn right in front of Kirito. Kirito drew his sword activating
«Sword Skill» and I cut right through it.

'This time I will become the strongest in this world!'

4