Chapter 2
15 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please show me the mistakes if you find any.

Arlin watched the clones who were still scurrying back and forth around the headmaster's office. Finally, after waiting for an hour, he gathered himself, put on a rather old-looking coat, and then left the room. 

Before leaving, he took one of the clones with him, leaving the rest in the room. Now he needed to continue his experiments since these clones would clearly form the basis of his power going forward.  

As they left the room, they went downstairs. However, he looked at the clone, because the clones would look very strange to others. So he mentally ordered, and the clone next to him sank into the ground and merged with his shadow.

"I need to prepare clothes so they can conceal their appearance," he thought.

Looking around, the building looked quite old. However, this was only from the perspective of the 21st century on Earth. Considering where he was now, this architecture clearly matched the surroundings.

Continuing along the empty corridors, he finally came out onto a small training ground. 

Because Arlin's father had died, several teachers had left the academy. Their only tie to this place was their obligation to his father. However, when he died, there was nothing left to keep them here.

The small and weak academy also had an almost transparent presence. In addition, there were very few servants in the area who looked after the academy, which was quite inconvenient. 

And so they said goodbye to Arlin and left. Although he wanted to persuade them, they were clearly adamant. Depression gripped him, causing him to turn to magic that had a small chance of improving his power. However, as a result of using this magic, he ended up in a mortal situation.

"There are only a few servants left in the academy. In addition, there are very few magic crystals in the academy, which makes it difficult to use the clones. However, for now I need to first assess my abilities," he thought.

Sitting on the training ground, if you could even call this place that. Because it was just an open area in the center of the academy. Sand instead of earth, as well as a few dummies ahead.

"So first I need to understand why the magic doesn't work. Physically, this body is weak. But the sensations of magic inside the body are there, and are no different from memories."

Thinking about it, he stretched out his hand and started again.

From his memories, there are several types of magic in this world. The first is called natural, because it is associated with natural phenomena. The pros and cons of this system are that the destructive power is great, but control and use are very complex and require necessary features. 

The second type is those that use magical runes to build magical circles. Their diversity is very large, which gives a large space for use. However, the requirement is to study, which can be done in academies.

The third type is pagan magic. From memories and reading books by clones, one can learn about this. In this world there are special languages ​​that are called the languages ​​of the world or gods. One of the known languages ​​is the language of dragons, which is radically different from the use of simple magic. Using this language, you can use one type of magic, but the power will be several orders of magnitude higher.

However, there are very few mages who have mastered the language of dragons. In addition, not only this language, but other languages ​​are very powerful. However, the study of the languages ​​of the gods is considered taboo throughout the world of Eldoria. This happened because in 1369, which is almost 350 years ago, a disaster occurred. And as a result, after a large-scale war against huge ancient monsters, the cause was finally found.

Several adventurers had accidentally wandered into a deep border, where they found the "words of God." And so when they tried to read these words with interest, catastrophe struck.

After the war, when the union of races in this world learned the reason, they enacted a general ban on the study of divine languages.

Finally, the last type of magic is a unique type. Sometimes some creatures awaken their unique abilities. Their capabilities vary, which is very useful - it is extremely easy to use. However, they need to develop for a fairly long time in order to become powerful.

"So Arlin used the second type of magic, but why couldn't I do it? 

To do this, you need to use the magical energy inside the body, then mentally construct a magic circle. Finally, take the magical energy with the circle in mind, as well as the exit point if required."

For example, when he tried to use magic in the office, it was supposed to create a light wind. 

However, he failed, focusing again on sensing the mana in the body, it began to adjust so that it passed from the mind to the hand. Finally, he began to imagine the magical rune in his mind. The rune was supposed to be the wind, which only requires magic power to connect it to the exit point and then clearly visualize the rune.

The most difficult part is the latter, since the effort to remember the rune, as well as its mental representation, is very difficult. 

At first, when studying runes, if a creature has weak spiritual power, an accident may occur. The rune itself can connect with the creature's magic, forcing it to release magic directly inside the creature's body without an intentional exit point.

It can also happen that a person simply loses their spirit, thereby falling into a vegetative state.

"So I can clearly visualize the rune, and the magic is completely under my control. So why is this happening?"

Repeating the previous actions when he was in the office, Arlin tried again and again to create a light wind. Although this time nothing worked either, he clearly felt the difference. 

And then he finally realized that something was still different from the memories. His magical power was clearly slower than before, it took more time to reach the specified place in the body.

Thinking of something, Arlin continued repeating his movements. Fortunately for him, the more he tried to control the magical power, the more it obeyed. It gradually became more agile, but the magic still did not work.

"It seems this may be related to the fact that I only recently took over this body."

As he thought about this, suddenly another thought came to mind. Looking around, he brought his clone, which gradually formed next to him.

"So, if you think about it, it seems like the clones are weaker than me both physically and magically. That is, they have a certain percentage of the strength of the main body, although I do not know which one. I need to check this out..."

Thinking about it, he mentally moved his consciousness into the clone's body, and then ordered the clone to control the magical power and concentrate it in one place. At the same time, he himself also began to gather magical power.

Gradually, a ball the size of a soccer ball formed inside his body. During the process, what surprised him and confirmed his guess as to why he could not release magic, was that the clone clearly gathered magical power faster. Although the size of this energy was clearly half that of the main body.

"So in terms of magical power, the clone has only half of mine. What about physically? That's for later, now release the wind magic."

He wanted to test his guess to the end. Which happened the next second. 

Unlike him, the clone quickly gathered magical power, then depicted the rune of the wind and connected it with magical power, releasing something like a gust of wind from his hands.

Arlin clearly felt every action, as if it were his own body.

"So even this experience is transmitted? No, rather everything is transmitted."

At this point, he just stood there and ordered the clone to try out all the runes he knew except for the most dangerous ones. There were also such runes, if the clone failed to use it, it could simply be destroyed by exhaustion or something else.

And since he still had few clones, he didn't want to take the risk at the moment. He was still unsure if the clone could be restored, and whether the cost of creating clones would still remain one magic stone.

While Arlin stood there, more and more knowledge continued to appear in his brain. Some of which he had already accepted from the previous owner of the body, while some were completely new. In addition, the clone also repeated the release of the main runes, gradually depleting its magical power.

As he did so, suddenly the sound of soft footsteps was heard, which gradually began to approach. Upon learning of this, Arlin ordered the clone to hide in his shadow, he was still wary.

Soon after the sound of footsteps approached, a man who looked around 50-60 years old came from the corridor. His gray hair was neatly styled, he wore an old-fashioned suit, but his gait was quite beautiful, and he clearly had good physical qualities. 

Seeing him, Arlin also realized who he was. This was his butler named Kaldryn who had served his original body's father for many years.

"Sir, I see your mood has improved. I wanted to call you, dinner is ready."  

Kaldryn looked at him, his face showing shades of relief, after which he said.

Hearing Kaldryn's words, Arlin calmed his heart down, although he was still wary. However, the fact that this man had served the father of the original owner for a long time could give him some trust.

"Okay, let's go..." As he spoke, he walked forward, Kaldryn followed him, and then suddenly spoke up.

"Sir, seeing how your mood is more stable than yesterday, may I ask what we should do now?"

Walking forward, Arlin kept the clone as close to him as possible. He even ordered one of the clones to come to him using the amorphous mode. However, hearing Kaldryn's words, he thought about it too.

At the moment, he needed a lot of magic stones, as he could increase the number of clones with their help. Thereby increasing the speed of his progress, in addition, it was also a way to protect himself.

However, this was a problem for him, he had already used up all the magic stones he had.

These magic stones are used in many areas, which is why they are difficult to obtain. In addition to the simplest use to increase the amount of magical energy in the body, they can also be used in forging weapons, alchemy and other areas.

And so he had to come up with a way to get magic stones. After thinking for some time, he spoke.

"Kaldryn, I need magic stones. How do you think we can get them?"

From Arlin's memories, he received magic stones from his father, but very rarely.

"Sir ... there are several ways to obtain them. I understand that you want to become stronger, but maybe you should first think about the academy." 

As Kaldryn spoke, Arlin clearly saw concern in his eyes. Although he was not good at interpersonal relationships, judging by the feelings, Kaldryn was at least not bad.

"I'm thinking about the academy, but as you can see, after my father died, the academy also lost all hope. Now I need to become stronger so that we have more opportunities."

Thinking, Arlin said. From the memories, he clearly did not know how to get his magic stones. Although from the knowledge gained by the clones, he learned about special places rich in magic stones. This is a kind of mine, however, such known places nearby belonged to some forces.

"Sir, there are several ways. These are mines, trade, and robbery. The third option is obvious in itself, the first is those places where there are natural magic stones. And trade, we can go to the city to exchange valuables ranging from knowledge and books to weapons and the like. However, before you decide, I also wanted to let you know that your father left you some. He told me to hide them with me and show them to you if you need them."

As he listened to Kaldryn explain, Arlin also sank into his thoughts until Kaldryn finished his words, catching his gaze.

"Sir, I can bring them to you while you dine."

"Okay, go ahead."

"Yes, I will be quick."

Speaking, Kaldryn walked faster and left. Arlin, in turn, ordered the clone to follow him in order to assess Kaldryn's character. 

A shadow flashed from under his feet, merging with Kaldryn's shadow as he continued on quickly. Making sure he could still track his movements, Arlin moved forward.

"If there are enough magic stones, my progress will definitely be faster."

Mentally opening the system window, his gaze fell on the number of magic stones where 1 was still written. He still only needed 1 magic stone to create clones.

Closing the window, he walked forward, soon reaching the dining room. The architecture still did not change, however you could see the green fields outside the academy through the window.

"It seems that even the academy's protection is poor, judging by what I see through the window, there is not even a simple fence there."

Entering the dining room, there he saw only two people. One was a middle-aged woman and the other was a girl of about 12-13 years old. From the girl's features, one could understand that she was the daughter of this woman.

Seeing him, the mother and daughter hastily began to bring out dishes and prepare the table.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't know you would come so quickly." 

The woman apologized, bowing her head slightly, but Arlin was not bothered by this. Nodding, he turned his point of view to the clone following Kaldryn.

Fortunately for him, Kaldryn simply went into his room, then opening a small cabinet took out a bag. There was nothing wrong with his actions, he did not even glance inside, which made Arlin feel better.

1