Monkey and Thor
184 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daichi took a deep breath, preparing himself. He slapped both of his cheeks, waking himself up completely. He let out an exhale. "Now, I am ready."

Megumi walked behind him. She was holding a wooden box in her hand, confused of where they were going. It was all uncertain for her.

Daichi stopped at one empty garden, filled only by the echoing sound of crickets singing. He glanced back at Megumi, unimpressed as usual. "Can you be a little more fast?"

"A princess isn't supposed to run, idiot!"

She handed him the wooden box. It was light as feather, actually. He gazed down on it, taking out they key from his pocket. "Say, Mis Arislaw, have you ever heard about the story of Journey To The West?"

"I suppose everyone has." She just stood still in awe of his actions.

"That's it. The card inside this box is one of the strongest cards to ever be. Maybe the strongest ever."

The box unlocked with a click. Daichi's eyes gleamed in happiness and satisfaction. He quickly opened it wider, and looked at the card inside.

It stored a shiny Fiction Card with a red cloud drawn on it. It was ancient Chinese in art style, yet felt so modern. It felt so aesthetic. 

He said, "Kawashima Shinzo has a Fiction with him in the form of Cheshire Cat. Why must we stay behind?" He picked up the card.

"The legendary king of the mountain of flowers and fruit."

"The Monkey King." Megumi was intrigued.

"Yes, the Monkey King." Daichi smirked with a mischievous hint. He drifted one foot back, hurling the box away. He closed his eyes. Opened them again, ready to throw the card.

"All Fictions can be controlled by its summoner using two cards. Deal Card and Force Card. The Force Card is of one-time use, but as soon as used, the Fiction is forced to do what the summoner wants. The Deal Card is to set a main quest for the Fiction."

"With the legendary Sun Wukong by our side, I don't think we'll ever lose." Megumi puffed up her chest in confidence and pride. "Summon him fast, Daichi!"

He raised an eyebrow. "Him?" His mischievous tone echoed in overlapping reverbs.

***

Fumiko groaned in frustration, as she saw her entire bed occupied by the huge figure of Thor. He had a long crimson beard, curly hair of the same hue, and some intense azure eyes. He was like if a statue was brought forth to life.

Thor was wearing casual clothing, reading a novel with great interest. He flipped the page with much interest. "This kingdom of yours is truly one of a kind!" His declaration was like a blast of power, shaking her room. She was momentarily startled.

Fumiko shouted at him, "Stop reading that, and do your job!" 

"My job?!"

"To bring me the lamp. Isn't that that the reason I summoned you for?"

"Ah, yes! Aladdin's Lamp, a legendary artifact I have to get in my ever expanding conquest of valor!" Thor jumped back to his feet with a thunderous roar. He rose to his full height, towering over Fumiko likes behemoth.

He smiled with bright confidence. "Don't be scared! Hero of Asgard, Thor is on your side!" He put his hands on his waist, bursting out in laughter. It was grand and echoing. "I'll bring it to you in under a week or so! But until then, let's celebrate that I, Odin's son Thor, is back from Ragnarok, alive!"

Fumiko closed her ears, protecting them from bursting out. "Jeez!" She was clearly regretting her life choices that led to this point.

***

Megumi stood amidst a golden room with colossal windows on the walls. Gentle rays filtered inside, lightening up her beautiful face and the equally beautiful red carpet beneath her feet. 

She smiled. "I am sorry, Wukong." Her voice grew light. "I may not have such clothes to satisfy the Legendary King of Mountain of Flowers and Fruit."

A smirk broke on her face. "Oops," She said. "I meant, Queen of Mountain of Flowers and Fruit."

"Shut up!" A womanly pitched voice raged in from the wardrobe. The doors slammed open, bursting out like flames of anger. A certain powerful aura flooded outside.

A petite woman walked out of the wardrobe, blushing from embarrassment. She was gnashing her teeth in discomfort. Fashioning light brown hair, twirling and curling into two buns on either side, and pure golden gaze, she stood there with a long monkey tail sprouting from her back.

She was wearing a white shirt and vibrant yellow skirt, all buttoned up and crisp. "Why," she questioned, "Why am I a woman?"

Megumi tried holding back laughter in her chest. She couldn't. "Hahahaha!"

"What's funny?!" 

"No- nothing." Megumi was still jittering from humor. "It's just, nobody would expect the legendary Monkey King to be turned into a woman. And you are so cute on top of that!"

"Remind me why am I a woman again?!"

"Because," Megumi explained, "Daichi believes, this gives us an upper hand. By using his Force Card, he forced you to stay as a woman. Now, nobody can guess who you are, and keeping your identity hidden is always great in secret wars. Also, people underestimate female warriors. Nobody would even come close to the knowledge that you are, in fact, the legendary Monkey King."

Wukong was still in fit of embarrassment and rage. "But still!"

***

Shinzo stirred up a cup of coffee, still feeling dizzy after waking up early. He only slept for an hour. He scratched his warm brown hair, further messing them. He sat down on his sofa, sipping from the freshly made coffee. 

He was reminiscing his past. The blank ceiling was like a curtain to his eyes, which were a projector of his thoughts. "Akane..."

"I remember, I was in high school when we first met. I used to come to school through my trusty cycle, paddling across the Fifty Meters Bridge. It was built upon a river which housed colorful fishes.

The sun was surely brighter those days. When I parked my cycle in, you were there. As beautiful as today. 'Why are you parking here?' Those were your first words to me. 'My friend parks her cycle her. Please park somewhere else.' Ha! Though I didn't even move. I was quite stubborn for that age.

No... I didn't move because of how beautiful you were. The river, its fishes, and the sun, all paled down against that cute angry face of yours. Your beauty froze me, making it impossible for me to move."

Shinzo sighed. He had accepted his life as what it was now. "You married Haruki, staying ignorant on how much I love you. Though... If you are happy, I am."

"That's why I will find that lamp. Not for me, for Aoi. So, she'll wake up and make you smile—the most beautiful woman in the world. Even if I have to face that enigma of a person, Kobo Daichi."

Cheshire Cat materialized from thin air, perched on his shoulders. It grinned widely. "Any plans?" The cat was sensing some upcoming confrontations. It could already taste the flavors of war.

Shinzo put his cup down. It was empty now. "Yes," he said. "We are going on a big hunt tonight." His voice grew rougher and more passionate. "Kobo Daichi, you better count your hours."

2