Chapter 2: Player of Games 1
2.3k 9 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Among the tall threes and short grass, there was a young man pumping his fist up.

“That’s It! Even if I'm not able to defend myself against Elin or Vyra, this is much better than my previous situation.”

Kael reached Level 4!

After training for a couple of days, I finally reached level 4. Being Fair, without Vyra’s help I would never reach this point this fast.

Still, I think I’m nowhere close to their level, if I want a chance to compete with them and free myself I have to put a lot more effort.

Well, let’s see the skills that I’ve unlocked while training.

---

Active

Mana Shield Rank F – Creates an Armor around your body using your Mana to protect yourself for various forms of attack, Psychic,

Passive

Mana Expertise Rank F – This is the first level of magic mastery. The efficiency and power of your spells are increased.

Mana Flow Rank F – It focuses your Mana into other skills to increase their capability.

---

I think this Mana Expertise was the thing that Vyra was talking about. But my only problem is that I still don’t have a single offensive skill, if that’s the situation maybe I should learn how to use a sword or something, but that’s so strange, my class seems the type that would use some form of spell.

Once again, my only two class skill are “EMPOWER” and “HEAL”.

At least my base stats are much higher than they were the first day.

---

NAME: Kael Sinclair

AGE: 18

SEX: MALE

LEVEL: 4

HP: 172/172

MANA: 172/172

EXP: 2400/4800

CLASS: "???"

SUMMONED BY: Miria Razenbahr (3.0 KM–1.8 MILES AWAY.)

SPELLS: EMPOWER Rank F / HEAL Rank F

Money: 0

---

Another thing that happened in the last 4 days, is that my Class went from “Priest” to just question marks, maybe in this meantime I’ve learned something else about it, but It’d be helpful to get something strong, from the rumors that Vyra has been telling me if I’m not strong enough to survive out there on my own, it’s basically futile to even attempt running away.

And talking about running away, Miria is getting closer, from what I was checking she was 30km away this morning.

*I should come back to the Inn, I don’t want her hunting me down already.*

I head back to the Inn, and notice that, that both Vyra and Elin were sat next to each other while drinking something.

“I thought you were going to train outside the whole day again. I didn’t know you were so eager to get away from us.” Vyra said with a smirk on her face, taking a sip of her large cup.

“Yes, I don’t think I will ever adapt myself to the idea of becoming a slave, that’s not my thing.”

“That’s sad, I will be cheering for you. That way I can steal you for myself, and I won’t have to obey Miria the boring.”

“I just said that I wasn’t fond of the slave idea.” I reply staring back to her.

“Awwww, don’t tell me, and what about you having us as your slave.” She put her finger into her cleavage pulling it slightly down with a clear attempt of teasing me, turn to Elin to check her reaction.

And to my surprise she had a big smile quickly replying.

“It’s not a bad Idea, I'd be down for it.” Vyra turned to the elf, saying.

“Didn’t expect that one coming from Elin. And you Kael would you take responsibility?” The mage took another sip from her cup.

“Wait, what you are saying, I don’t want any slaves either. Why you say it so lightly?”

“Because I know you will take of us, look at you're so hardworking and gentle, dreamed of being free, that’s so funny, if you understood your situation you are in, you would never want to leave that boring woman’s side.”

As she finishes the sentence I hear the door of the Inn opening as we all three look to see who it was and to no one’s surprise it was Miria.

“Well, well, just in time, Miria,” Vyra said while crossing her legs.

“Did you miss me already, Vyra? Hopefully not enough to not do something stupid.” Miria replied while getting closer to us, as I was still standing up looking at her coming closer.

“So, how are you doing Kael, did they do anything bad to you?” Myra asked to while putting her hand on his shoulder.

“No, they didn’t do anything wrong. Actually, Vyra taught the basics of magic, during the last few days.”

“Ah, that’s great, I thought for a moment, she was going to give some excuse to “play” with you.”

She finally released her hand from my shoulder, giving a cold look to Vyra, which had a big smile on her face.

“Oh yeah, where did you go? You only talk things to Vyra.” Elin asked with her arms crossed.

“Hah, you said yourself that you didn’t want to know about me, I guess you are worried about the boy, fair enough, that’s to be expected in a world like this. So every time I summon, I have to report that I’m actively owning someone. And that rule is really reinforced when you get a male slave.”

“So, any news, from my favorite slave master?”

“Yes, they immediately asked that I’d take him there. There are even some requests relating to him, coming from everywhere, so I had to take precautions. That’s why I wanted you two to stay here. I suspected that as soon someone knew about that they would make their way here and try to capture him.”

“Wait, why?!”

“Did you forget already? Well maybe because you haven’t been out, but men are extremely here around these lands, the quality of those that I summon is better by default, if one simple man is valuable you can only imagine one that has a different type of potential.”

“Summoned? What does that mean?!”

“Hmmm, in the first day that I brought you here I explained that depending on my action I gain “gift” and those can greatly vary, but the best one are definitely summoning which is the result of you 3.”

“This is a bit disturbing, so you just pull someone from their own natural life and slave them?” I ask, raising my voice

“Not exactly.” Vyra broke the conversation, taking another sip of her cup. “So before I was summoned, the things I could vividly remember is that I was dying, and in my last moments seemed to be interrupted by something, the next I moment I saw as Miria in front of me.”

Miria that was mostly silent during the conversation spoke while twirling her hair.

“Same with me.”

“So the summoning thing you have, it’s bringing people from near-death experience and slaving them.”

“That’s close to it, do you remember when I said that I couldn’t release you?”

“Yes, of course I do.”

“The main reason I feel it’s not a good idea is that I don’t know if any of you can survive without the mark that connect me and you 3.” She pointed to my pelvis. “Of course, if you find a way to free yourself from me, feel free to try. I would prefer if you were just my companions and not slaves.”

“I see…” It seems I misjudge her, I thought it was her own doing, but the system is the responsible for it. And that’s why these other two girls didn’t insist on running away from her.

“I know it’s going to be a bit contradictory but, some women in the kingdom want to see you there, and I don’t think I can hide you forever. Besides that, some of the most wealthy people in the planet are giving a bid on you.”

“Wait, do you want me to sell me already after that?”

“No, As I said, I’m pretty sure I can’t let you go even if I wanted to. What they want is something similar to… a prostitute.”

“Aahhh, There’s no way.” I take a step back while a few, Elin’s body pressing against mine from behind.

“Yeah, that’s wrong, he should be ours only!”

“The offer is enough to completely rebuild the Inn and set everything up for the new years. It’s probably enough to make a personal library for Vyra and completely rebuild the kitchen with the best accessories available.” I could feel a hand behind me trembling

“I’m sorry, Kael, but you have to make this sacrifice for us.” Elin looks at me, pouting.

“And me, what do I get with this?!” I gaze back at Miria confronting the woman as grabbing her shirt’s collar.

“You get enough money to buy a mansion triple the size of this Inn, of course, after the list is complete.”

"Okay, it's worth the try."

Post in the comments the Novels you enjoy the most, so i can improve my writting.
  • Nah I'd Win Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Nah I'd Lose Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Nah I'd Nah Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I don't know how to use the site "Author's note" that's why I use the Polls. Votes: 14 29.8%
Total voters: 47
34