Chapter 1: Wind of Change 1
5.4k 11 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Left on a sidewalk after being hit by a truck while I was coming back from work, there it was—my lifeless body.

Not a fancy job or anything, just another miserable day at the office where I worked as an accountant, from 8 to 8, so I could retire and live a peaceful end of career.

I didn't have big ambitions—quite the opposite; I just wanted a comfortable enough life, without being an Office slave, having to give my all for someone who doesn't care about me.

Instead of feeling the sadness I expected from passing away at the age of 25, what I felt was strange; it was a sense of relief that I didn’t have to put up with my previous life again, one that was certainly not fulfilling.

But it was sad knowing my mother wouldn’t get to see me again. Well, maybe it’s a blessing in the long term. I'm under pressure. I was always the least favorite son in the family; it would be easier to get me off their minds.

But I wonder, how I’m able to keep thinking; maybe I’m going to an afterlife. I hope that place is at least a bit better than my previous life.

Before I could gather my thoughts better, I’d open my eyes to see the blue sky above me; beyond that, a refreshing breeze would pass through me. As I put my hands on the ground, I feel the grass passing through my fingers, realizing that sensation of being alive once again.

I was floating in an infinite void a few moments ago. But now that I was standing up and looking around, I saw green fields that covered my vision and, at my right, a large blue river. The scenery was bordering on perfection.

Was I in some sort of heaven? That must be it.

WELCOME, YOU HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY A PLAYER.

My eyes turned to the floating message that I had just received. What the hell was that?!

YOUR SUMMONER IS 3 KM–1.8 MILES AWAY FROM YOU.

Have I had been summoned to a game or something like that? It seems it was by someone specific. I don’t know if I should try to run away from them or wait to see if they can tell me what’s happening.

YOUR SUMMONER IS 2.7 KM–1.6 MILES AWAY FROM YOU.

It seems they are getting closer; maybe it’s worth to wait, I have no clue to what’s happening.

Taking another look at my body, I’d see that my job looked similar to the one I had, but with a few changes, my skin looked smoother and quite soft, checking around I see that I had no abs even with a slim body.

Another thing that I felt was that I was, somehow, a bit shorter; in my previous body, I was about (5’11 – 180), but now I feel like 5 inches–12 cm was taken away from me.

Well, my hope was simply that this was just a dream that felt extremely real for some reason, and I was still alive.

YOUR SUMMONER IS 1.8 KM–1.1 MILES AWAY FROM YOU.

I hope they are not some weird sociopath.

Anyway, this also feels too real to be a dream...

Checking on the bottom right of the floating screen, I noticed an arrow pointing to the left. I kept staring at it for a few moments before pressing it, and a bigger screen appeared in front of me.

---

NAME: Kael Sinclair

AGE: 18

SEX: MALE

LEVEL: 1

HP: 100/100

MANA: 100/100

EXP: 0/300

CLASS: "PRIEST"

SUMMONED BY: Miria Razenbahr (1.5 KM–0.9 MILES AWAY.)

SPELLS: EMPOWER Rank F

QUESTS: Meet with your summoner.

>Reward: 100 EXP + Skill Heal Rank F

Money: 0

---

What’s that? Are those my stats? Am I a healer? Well, it seems so; it also appears to be the name of the person who summoned me, and it even shows a quest available giving rewards if I meet my summoner.

Miria right? It looks like she’s getting closer and closer; I don’t think she’s any sort of enemy, since my status shows that I get a reward for meeting her.

My clothes are quite simple now that I look at them: a pair of jeans, leather boots, a white shirt and that’s about it—nothing fancy but nothing uncomfortable.

All I can do is move on with this life. Now that I think about it, my goals won’t change too much; having enough money to retire peacefully should be my focus. Before that, I could go on some adventures and make some money if this is like a game, and unlike my previous job, this could be fun. Well, what could go wrong? Heh.

I give a smile, enjoying the view as I take a deep breath, appreciating this new life.

“Hi iii!!!" I hear a feminine voice coming from behind me, and when I look back, I see a woman a few meters away from me

The woman would stop in front of me, close enough that I could notice even the little details in her appearance.

She was tall, about 6'0–183 cm, and had light brown hair and gentle Hazel eyes that stared at me. While carrying a big smile, she was panting, probably because she was running a few moments ago. The lady was wearing a pair of black pants with black boots and a white shirt with long sleeves while carrying a brown bag on her back. Before I could say anything, the screen appeared once again in front of me.

---

QUEST COMPLETED

Meet with your summoner.

>Reward: 100 EXP + Skill Heal Rank F

---

“Well, so you must be my summoner, right?" I ask her while giving a smile; she’s absolutely gorgeous, but probably the type of woman I shouldn’t even be thinking of having a chance with. Taking a better look, she had DD Cups and an overall thick yet aesthetic body, probably something that looked out of a comic.

“Yes! I'm your summoner, wait...YOU ARE A MAN!!!” She yelled excitedly while running to hug me, thinking I was going to get any sort of enjoyment from all of that. I was painfully wrong; it felt like a bear was hugging me. She was stupidly strong, and in just a few seconds, I was starting to suffocate; my lungs were pressing like balloons.

That can’t be it, right? Am I going to die in the first few minutes of a hug? I start to tap my hands on her waist, hoping that she will eventually stop. As I gasped for air, feeling my life slowly fading away in front of my eyes, fortunately she left me, so I could properly breathe once again.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you!” The girl would place her hands on my shoulder and hold me still. As I try to recompose myself, I see her face really close to mine, making me blush a bit.

"It's okay; I’m fine; just don’t do that again." Even with it, she doesn't want to let go of me.

“Can you release me?”

“Oh yes, of course, I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.” *My feet would touch the ground once again, as I looked up at her, a little nervous.

*Cough* “I shall introduce myself; my name is Miria Razenbahr. Nice to meet you; I’m your Summoner.” *She would extend her hand to me, I would handshake her in reply.*

“My name is Kael, it’s good to meet you, and can I ask you something?” I can see her eyes shining while looking at me. I’ve never seen someone so happy after meeting me. There's something really wrong happening.

“Yeah, what would that be?”

“About you summoning me, what does that mean?”

She would cease her smile and stare at me in shock.

“Wait, don’t you know?” The expression on her face looked like she had just found the secret of the universe.*

“No, I just appeared here all of a sudden, and some screen appeared to me telling me some stuff, but outside that, not much.”

“Can you see the screen as well?! How can this be?!” In front of me, the lady was moving her fingers around while her eyes kept wandering along her finger. Was she using the same screen as me?" Also,

Is there something special about me being a man, or… are you disappointed?” She would stop for a brief second and turn her eyes to me once again

“Hmm, so you are still not aware, I don’t know where the hell the System pulled you from but men in this planet are extremely rare, it’s damn near a miracle that the system gave one.”

Miria would give a cheeky smile while putting her hands on her waist; for some reason, she seems extremely proud, maybe man really are somewhat rare.

“So how rare are men here?”

“I don’t know exactly, but as far as I know, for each man, there’s ten thousand women.”

What? What did she just say? How is that even possible? How does this world even works like that? Is that why she’s so happy in seeing me?

“You are kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not, and now you belong to me. Muhahahahaha, I’m going to be so rich with you!” For a moment, the woman looks like she’s daydreaming in front of me.

“What do you mean by me belonging to you? Are you crazy?!” No matter how cute she’s, I’m never working for nothing again. I have a second chance in life in the world with a ton of women; I’m not going to miss my chance.

“Too bad for you then, because..." The woman would point her finger at me, and some sort of light would start shining around my body. As I started to check, I pull down my pants a bit, noticing a mark on my pelvis.

“That mark right there is what gives me the right to order you around, and gives me power over you.” Her friendly expression from before was gone replaced with a malicious smile that stared at the mark. It's obvious that I was caught a bit off-guard by that; it wouldn’t take genius to realize that I was nervous

"So, wha-what can you do with it?" I ask her while stumbling with my words

“That makes your dick only obey to the one who can control the mark, and the only one that can constantly do that without a contract is me.”

“WHAT?!

72