Chapter 3: Meeting Him, part two (8)
172 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          There she sat on her knees. Ella was starting to wonder if these bugs even remembered that she was here. Her husband had been raped and killed from what she had heard. Those actions in and of themselves were worthy of her hatred. But there was something oh so strange about the room they put her in.

          They had placed an anklet around her, well, ankle. Then they told her she was now property of the imperial family, and she would serve as the newly born imperial princess’s servant.

          That’s what made her the least mad out of all of what had happened. She was more confused by the fact that they chose a person who barely understands their own language to serve the imperial princess.

          From what she remembered her love telling her about these bug people, they were born in the shape of a child that was around the age of eight. That threw her for a loop. These bugs seemed to not work like mammals or even the bugs they resembled.

          Though, they did have a certain alure to them that made her want to serve them. But she was sure that was simply some strange magic at play. It was as if they were playing with her mind, and she didn’t like that.

          Yet still she kneeled. Yet still she sat on the warm, stone floor. That made her mind wander to the floor itself. How did they warm it? why did they have her sit on the floor instead of the chairs that were in the room? Maybe these were mysteries that would never be known?

          Then she heard feet walking on the other side of the of the door. She heard two of those Imperius people on the other side of the door talking. They were speaking in their strange and guttural language of course, but she could still understand them. There seemed to be one woman and another male.

          Maybe they were here to make sure she was being complacent before the imperial princess came here to live. But, as she looked around the room, she couldn’t find any toys or items that a child would need.

          That unnerved her, if they were gonna have her take care of some child that wasn’t even Her’s, then they might as well give her some toys so she can entertain the kid. But as she heard them open the door, she spotted someone.

          Her breath caught in her throat, her mind went blank, her knees started to shake. Why was she acting like this, one may ask? Well, the girl on the other side of the room looked just like him. She had the same rounded face, the same ears that she loved to nibble on.

          Even her gate as she walked resembled his walk. Her eyes were the same as well, a bright gold the made her mind stop still. Her hair even seemed to be the same thickness. What had they done to him? What strange twist of fate led to their supposed empress getting pregnant with her love’s child?

          Ella started to breathe quickly; the air around here suddenly felt suffocating. Her head started to spin; the ground was quickly starting to look like the best place to lie down.

          As she fell forward onto her own face, she could hear someone rushing to her side. It felt like someone had grabbed her just as her head was about to meet the floor.

          That person was warm, they felt strong, yet firm. She didn’t know what to think as she fell unconscious in that person’s arms. The gentle way in which she fell unconscious made her feel like she was falling asleep instead.

          I didn’t know what this lady was thinking, what was going on in her head. But I did know that she probably shouldn’t be unconscious. But as I held the woman in my arms, I felt a connection.

          She had a certain air around her. It was hard to describe, but it felt like the air of a mother. I didn’t know her name. I didn't know her story, but whatever she had been through, she didn’t need to be a slave.

          She didn’t deserve to be treated as such. So, I wouldn’t do so. I didn’t plan on treating her any less than anyone else who wasn’t a slave in the first place.

          As I held onto the woman in my arms, I spotted Kevin in the corner of my eye looking at me as if I was a different person. It seemed he hadn’t expected me to grab the woman who had fallen unconscious.

          “Kevin, what is it?” I asked him in mild confusion.

          He shook his head as if chasing thought away and responded to my question with a question of his own. It seemed that making sure that someone was okay was a rather rare occurrence for imperial princesses in this world.

          “It is just, why did you catch her? she is dirty and needs to be cleaned if she is to be a touched by your hands,” he told me.

          I quirked my head to the side. What kind of question is that? Of course I’m going to catch a person who is falling to the ground before they hit it. what kind of people do are the Imperius?

I think I'm going to drop this series. the premise just dropped off in my head, and I can't continue it. this is what I managed to push out of my brain before I realized that this series just fella apart the more I tried to push it out.

Also, the thing that kept me from writing was some bad news. I will keep it at that, but I that combined with the failure to write this series when I try to write it is the reason why I'm stopping it. Sorry for this who enjoyed it. I might rewrite this series at a later date though. 

5