Chapter 13: Reunited Hearts
103 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rei replied, "I love you too, Amy," before selecting the last of the 10 gacha pulls he had planned to use. As he did, a bright light, far more intense than any before, engulfed the area around them. When the light finally dissipated, Rei was left in stunned silence by the figure that now stood before him.

"M...Mai?" Rei stuttered, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Rei, it's really you. My wish to see you again came true. I can't believe it," a beautiful woman with long black hair and ruby eyes, named Mai, spoke.

"Master, who is this?" Amy asked with a quizzical look, worried as she saw the tears in Rei's eyes.

"Master? Rei, who is this woman calling you Master?" Mai asked, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

Rei knew he couldn't back down from that look. As a man, he felt he needed to be completely honest. "Amy, this is my childhood friend from my previous world, Sakura Mai. We haven’t seen each other for a couple of years before I came here, but she was the only person I could trust in my previous world," he explained.

"I see. It is a pleasure to meet you. Thank you for being there for my Master," Amy spoke, her thanks tinged with a hint of analysis, although Rei wondered how she could be analyzing Mai without the Analyze skill.

"No thanks are necessary. It’s only natural I would be there for him. I just wish I could have been there these last 2 years as well," Mai stated, sadness evident in her eyes.

"Rei, this is Amy. She is a cat-beast men, and she is my servant and girlfriend," Rei finished his introductions.

"Gir…girlfriend?" Mai's voice faltered, devastation written across her face.

"Master, you should introduce me as your first girlfriend. After all, you just received the Harem King title, and I never planned to monopolize you from the beginning," Amy said, dropping hints and looking back and forth between Rei and Mai.

"Okay, I will do so in the future. But I don’t believe that pertains to this situation, does it?" Rei asked, confused by Amy’s earlier statements.

"You are as dense as always, Master," Amy spoke before turning to Mai, who looked at Rei with hope in her eyes.

"Mai, you will need to speak your feelings clearly and out loud if you want this dense man to understand," Amy stated, placing her hand on Mai's shoulder.

"Are you sure it is okay, Amy?" Mai asked.

"Of course, with your history with Master. I would be pleased if you joined our family," Amy spoke with a warm smile and conviction.

"Then I will be brave and speak my feelings clearly," Mai said before looking at Rei with determination.

"What’s going on? There is no way this is what I’m thinking it is, right?" Rei thought to himself. He had feelings for Mai when he lived in his previous world, but he believed it wouldn’t ever happen when she moved away.

"Rei!" Mai yelled his name.

"Y…yes?" Rei replied.

"I love you, I have loved you since we were children. When I learned you disappeared after I went back to Japan, I was devastated and cried to myself for days on end. Then, when I wished I could be with you again, a mysterious voice told me my wish would come true, and it did. I don’t ever want to live with regrets again, so I will say it as many times as I need to, Rei, I love you. I don’t care if I am your second girlfriend, I just want to be with you, no matter what," Mai spoke, tears streaming down her face.

As soon as Mai finished speaking, a flood of memories started playing inside Rei's head: the time he protected Mai from bullies when they first met, the time Mai consoled him and let him cry on her shoulder when he lost his parents. These were just a few of the plethora of memories Rei had with Mai.

"I need to answer her feelings," Rei thought to himself, before looking at Amy, who gave him a small nod.

"Mai…I love you too. I have loved you since we were kids as well, but I never had the courage to confess to you because I didn’t want to ruin the friendship we had. And then, when you moved, I thought I wouldn’t ever get to see you again. So, I buried those feelings deep within myself. When I got sent to this world, I met and fell in love with Amy. Are you sure you are fine with being in a harem-like relationship? There might be others as well, given my title as Harem King."

"Absolutely, I don’t mind. It is a little sad I can’t have you to myself, but it isn’t nearly as sad as if I couldn’t be with you at all," Mai answered with conviction.

After Mai finished speaking, Rei walked over to her, and they embraced tightly, saying, "Mai, I love you. I am so glad I get to see you again."

"I love you too, Rei. We will never be apart again," Mai said, looking up at him with happy tears in her eyes.

Rei gave Mai a light kiss. Amy started clapping and wiping a tear from her eyes.

After everything calmed down, they explained everything to Mai about this world, the gacha, and how they were currently on their first quest as adventurers. Rei also showed her his status. Mai was quite surprised but soon forgot about it when she met their adorable little companions, Yuki and Yami. After she finished playing with them, Rei had her open her status.

“Status,” Mai chanted.

Name: Sakura Mai

Job: Healer

Level: 1

Strength: 5

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 20

Vitality: 15

Luck: 40

Skills:

Healing Light: Mai can emit a radiant light that heals injuries and restores HP to her allies.

Purify: Mai can cleanse her allies of negative status effects and ailments.

Protective Aura: Mai can create a protective barrier around herself and her allies, reducing incoming damage.

Empathic Connection: Mai can sense the emotions and well-being of those around her, allowing her to provide emotional support and comfort.

Revitalize: Mai can channel her magic to revitalize her allies, restoring a portion of their MP during battles.

"Wow, so this is my status?" Mai asked in surprise, looking at the glowing interface before her.

"Yes, it is. It looks like you are a healer, which suits you perfectly," Rei stated, patting Mai's head affectionately.

Mai giggled, a happy smile spreading across her face at the warm gesture and the realization of her new role.

Rei contemplated the situation, thinking about how the Harem King title would allow Mai and Amy to gain experience together as a group. However, he wanted Mai to level up quickly as well, to ensure she would be protected in case of unexpected dangers. With a strategic plan in mind, he proceeded to chant, "Transfer: Title Experience Multiplier x10 and Skill: Fairy's Grace to Mai."

"The title Experience Multiplier x10 and the skill Fairy's Grace have successfully been transferred to Mai," the system voice announced, confirming the successful transfer.

"Huh, what’s going on, Rei?" Mai questioned, puzzled by the sudden development.

"It’s okay, Mai. Just watch Rei; he will show you how to use your skills as well," Amy interjected, trying to reassure her.

Rei then proceeded to copy the transferred skills from Amy, ensuring that both he and Mai could benefit from the enhanced abilities. "Copy: Title Experience Multiplier x10, and Skill: Fairy's Grace from Amy," he chanted once more.

The system voice confirmed, "The title Experience Multiplier x10 and the skill Fairy's Grace have successfully been copied from Amy."

Satisfied with the outcome, Rei decided it was time to equip Mai with means to protect herself and attack if necessary. "Transfer: Skill: Protective Ward and Elemental Mastery to Mai. Copy: Skill: Protective Ward from Amy, and copy skill Elemental Mastery from Mai," he chanted, orchestrating the transfer and duplication of skills with precision.

"Skills Protective Ward, Elemental Mastery have been successfully transferred to Mai, and skill Protective Ward has been successfully copied from Amy. Skill, Elemental Mastery has successfully been copied from Mai," the voice announced, signaling the completion of Rei's strategic skill management.

"Now, let's go finish this quest. Mai, please activate the new Protective Ward skill I gave you when the battle begins. You don’t have to fight this time, but I wanted to give you the means to attack. Yuki, Yami, please protect Mai," Rei instructed, turning his attention to their upcoming challenge.

"Barf," Yuki and Yami barked in unison, acknowledging Rei's command with eager readiness.

"I will do as you ask, Rei," Mai replied, her voice filled with determination and gratitude.

"Rei, do you want us to fight together, or do you want me to fight on my own this time?" Amy inquired, ready to test her abilities further.

"I want to test my abilities. I know you will protect me if needed, so I want to watch over the battle," Amy decided, eager to demonstrate her skills while maintaining a strategic oversight of the situation.

"Very well," Rei agreed, his voice carrying a note of enthusiasm. "We have reached the second and final spot on the map where the goblins have been appearing. Let's finish this quest soon, and go eat."

With their plans set and spirits high, the group prepared to face the challenges ahead, united by their bonds and ready to support one another through the trials of their quest.

1