Oneshot
372 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

———Fujikawa Arakan———

 

My name is Fujikawa Arakan, I’m 15 years old, a young high school boy, nothing interesting in particular. I have three friends I usually hang out with in this school, one’s a girl and others are boys like me. I like fantasy stories, they’re fun to read, always fascinated by its mystical and mysterious nature. Aside from that I don’t have much to say about myself, just your regular school boy.

“Oi Arakan stop dozing off” Hm? Oh right I guess I was doing that, Akagi Daisuke was the one saying that, one of the three friends.

“Sorry about that, what were we talking about again?” I said to him with an apologetic grin, he and rest look unamused.

“The group project” The one girl in our group, Hano Ami, with her long black hair and green eyes, which is somewhat uncommon as most simply have black hair and eyes, replied. I kinda forgot we were discussing that.

“Sooooo… what were we doing again?” I asked.

 

#####

 

After getting lectured non-stop by Ami and doing the group project, we all go our ways for today, it’s like 5PM at this point, better go home before troubles happen.

 

#####

 

Today was the same as always, no wacky stuff here. I turn to look at Yogi Tama, the last of my three friends who are differentiated by his glasses.

“So I kinda dozed off during the class, is there any homework to be done today?” I nicely asked him, he look at me slightly exasperated.

“Not a lot today, and there aren’t any homework to send tomorrow either, but for what the teachers give us today, there are-”

*Quake*

“Great, another earthquake?” He annoyingly commented, honestly this kind of thing should be very worrying if it weren’t for the fact that Japan have a lot of it. The shake is actually quite strong, this isn’t good…

*Shatter*

“Whoa! The glasses broke!” I noted

“Yeah I can see that smartass! Not our biggest concern!” Tama chastised. Right now some are panicking or laying down on the floor. It won’t be surprising if the entire building collapsed down on us!

“Hahaha!” A voice of a girl rings, that’s certainly not the appropriate reaction for this!

“Mortals! Fear my presence!” The voice rings out again, right now I’m on the floor due to the shake, same with Tama, I’m not sure how the other two are doing but I hope they’re fine. Anyway whoever this is sounds super annoying!

“Just shut up! Who or where the hell are you anyway!” I cried out. Suddenly some line of purple and red lights fly into the room and coil into each other, forming a young adult woman with red velvet hair, purple eyes, and golden horn and three golden tails with heart shape at the end. Her attire can only be considered revealing. Then suddenly there’s some kind of pressure pushing everyone down onto the ground! The hell is this?

“My my how feisty! You don’t deserve to know my name, just know that I am above you and I’ll have a fruitful harvest!”

“What are you-” Tama spoke up but is interrupted by some sort of dark energy flowing out of everyone into her body, what’s going on!?

“So much emotion from just a simple shake, you humans are truly the biggest cowards” She said with a grin. Then suddenly a man with pitch-black armor manifest before her.

“Torture them and collect more fear and despair from them will you? I have better place to be” She said before disappearing. The black knight turn to look at everyone and manifest a black sword in his hand… this can’t be good… 

*Shine*

“Whoa!” Suddenly a bright light enveloped the room, stunning the knight then suddenly fly to me.

“You! If you wish to save everyone here, make a pact with me!” The ball of light said with a voice of a young girl, upon closer inspection there’s a silhouette of a fairy girl? Blonde hair blue eyes, something along those line.

“What the heck?” Tama said looking at both of us.

“Pact?” I asked thet tiny girl, stupefied.

“Yes! Please! It’s for everyone’s sake!” She desperately cried out as the knight began to show sigh of moving again.

“Fine! What do we do!” I asked the tiny creature.

“Recite this! ‘I will join my being with yours to protect all! On this vow may the pact be made!’” The hell is with that cheesy line!? But fine!

“I will join my being with yours to protect all! On this vow may the pact be made!” As I said the a magic circle enveloped us and another flash of light enveloped the room. 

My body feels weird… but I can move again! I quickly stand back up to realize something strange… the tiny orb is gone and my body feels different, I observed my body to realize that…

“Ehhhh!?” Why am I a girl of a sudden!? 

|Because of your pact, now we are combined to become strong enough to stop that demon!| Excuse me what? There’s a voice in my head now? My clothes are completely different, some kind of green cape and white dress and I just realized this staff in my hand!

|No time to waste! Blast that knight away!| Yeah right! How am I supposed to do that!?

|Hold on… you don’t know about magic!?| Why would I!? I don’t even know it’s a thing!

|No matter! I shall take control of this for now!| Hey hold on! Don’t just move my body like that! Pointing the staff at the guy.

“[Holy Bolt]!” My mouth speak for itself, or more likely the fairy doing it.

*Zap*

Whoa! Suddenly a bolt of light just blast that knight away! Literally turn it into ashes! 

“Whoa…” All I could do is let out a voice in awe.

|She’ll most likely come at us again, and in that time I want you to do this yourself, as you are the one mainly in charge| I still have no idea what this whole thing is about… I look around and everyone is staring at me… this is hella uncomfortable… Also… Can I get my body back!?

|If you mean changing your body back to how it was before, you certainly can| Oh thank god!... how? Also how am I suppose to deal with everyone looking at me?

|I’ll deal with that myself| Suddenly my body move again.

“[Mind Wipe]!” She, me, whatever, said that and everyone faint again. Mind wipe? That sounds way too dangerous, what did you do!?

|Simply put them unconscious and remove their memory, nothing to worry about| Good! Now can you please turn me back to normal?

|Just simply will it, it’s as easy as that, same with becoming the same again, as long as I resides within you| It’s that easy? Well, might as well try.

*Revert*

Good! Truly back to normal, now how am I suppose to deal with someone stuck in my head?

|Do not worry, I’ll try to not bother you too much, you are my benefactor in the end after all| That’s good to know, but what in the actual hell happened back there? Also I think I heard sound of sirens as well, seems like we’re being rescued or something, please don’t try anything for now.

|Of course|

 

#####

 

It seems that Tama and the rest have no idea what happened, saying that they passed out by the earthquake and that’s about it, seems like there’s no hint of anyone remembering that fortunately. Now what? Seems like the school’s off for a day and there’s homework to be done, not much though, so there’s some free time, which people usually don’t get to enjoy. Anyway now I really need to know what the hell is going on. Tell me little fairy.

|I would preferred you referring to me by my name, which I’m sure you should know by now due to our synchronization| I should know that?... Ah. There is one strange name popping up in my head, guess that’s yours? Onlevate.

|That is certainly my name| Now can you please finally tell me what’s going on? Seems like something big is happening and now I’m a part of it.

|Certainly. I shall explain everything to the best of my abilities. First of is the enemy that had appeared before you, she is a high ranking demon that terrorize that world many millennia ago, the demon’s name is unknown because she arrogantly believe no one deserved to know it, we simply call her Kurak, we have oppose her for many centuries, never did she falter, but so do we, in the end the battle only ended up creating more and more destruction, and we, desperate in trying to stop her, sealed her away in the end| So that’s what’s going on? But how come she’s here then?

|That is due to the fact that the seal on her weakened over time, while we can reinforce it back up again, but a year ago something unprecedented happened in this country that weakened the seal| And what is that exactly?

|The great calamity that descended upon the capital city of this country, have you not heard of it?| That? I thought it was just some special event or something, don’t tell me there was some supernatural stuff going on there as well?

|That is certainly so, and whatever has happened there weakened the seal even more, and allowed Kurak to break out, and now she’s going to terrorize the world once more, you must help me stop it!| And how am I suppose to do that?

|Defeat her underling and stop her progress| That doesn’t exactly equal defeating her now is it?

|W-Well I’ll come up with a plan! Don’t worry my benefactor! I’ll make sure you went through this alive!| Somehow I doubt that, and why are you still in my head? 

|As part of the ritual that combined both of us, we’re now inseparable from each other, our body now one, so it is impossible for me to leave| And we’re stuck like this… why did you even do this merging thing anyway?

|I have lived for a long time, with my physical body wasted away I cannot do much, so in order to fix that problem I have to found someone to combined with me| So you were a ghost before?

|Something along that line, though I’m sure you should know all of that the longer we spent our time together| … And why is that?

|The longer we are combined, the more we are no longer ourselves, our soul will merge into one and we’ll become one person| … Excuse me? Are you saying… that it’ll be the end of me if we stayed like this?

|Yes, though I have no problem with it myself you certainly seem to have some, but the time it take for us to merger permanently is roughly a year or so, if you defeat Kurak before then then it’s no problem| Didn’t you say it took multiple centuries to deal with her before!? How am I supposed to defeat her in less than a year!

|You don’t have to take less than a year| But there’s no way I’m gonna stay like this permanently! Why aren’t you saying anything? Don’t you value yourself?

|I certainly do, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t throw it away for a greater good| What a martyr… whatever, I just have to beat up some bad guys right? And I can go back to normal?

|Absolutely… as long as you’re fast enough| Honestly you don’t have to add the last part, so how are we supposed to have any idea of where the enemy might be?

|I’ll take care of that myself, I might not look like it but I am quite an astute mage| Well that’s good to know, what about when we’re fighting? How am I supposed to use spells and such?

|The knowledge will come to you naturally, no need to worry about it| Somehow I am…

 

———Maova Zana———

 

More day of just sitting on the throne not doing anything… maybe I should sneak out and do something about it.

“Excuse me my lord” Hm? Oh just that wolf girl, what was her name? Tina? No wait her name is Tana. Whatever that’s not important.

“What is it?” I said in a bored tone.

“One of the demon inspecting the World of Unmasked Truth reported about a rogue demon began terrorizing the human from that world, if this keeps up human might became alert of demons once again, shall we do something about it? From the looks of things she’s a high class demon” That world… it should be fine if we leave it alone, if I remembered correctly there are at least two region that have some powerful humans on them.

“Where does this incident took place? Like which country does this happened in?” I asked Tana.

“According to the scout, Japan” Well I guess there is nothing to worry about.

“Don’t worry about it, if that’s where it take place then there’s no need to do anything” I said dismissively and make a gesture for her to leave, which she obediently does. Honestly there’s no need to do anything with these protagonists just refusing to die and get in the way of other people’s business, that world is more or less safe and sound, at least in Japan and US at least, but especially Japan.

 

#####

 

———Fujikawa Arakan———

 

Seriously? Right now?

|That is certainly the case, from the looks of it she’s not messing around| Yeah, this time the monster of the day is a… mass of tentacles taking humanoid shape… I don’t even want to think about it… wait, monster of the day, transforming, supernatural evil… this is a magical girl plot line!!!

|Can you please not think about such trivial things and please fight?| Okay fine!

*Transform*

… I feel like I should be more freaked out about this…

|You can thank the merging for that, but now is no time to do so!| I get it. Time to point my wand that also appeared out of nowhere and shoot at the thing.

“[Holy Bolt]!” It one shotted the last enemy so hopefully it does the same here-

*Dodge*

… Nevermind. It just move its body out of the way… now it’s looking this way...

*Rush*

Oh crap.

“[Wind Shield]!”

*Slam*

Whew! Good thing I instinctively know that move. Now time to strike it-

|Look out!| Wha?

*Smack*

Gah! What is that strand of tentacle moving on it’s own! Dammit it can separate itself!

“[Wind Glide]!”

*Float*

Hopefully this put up some distance, now where is that damn monster?

It disappeared… that’s no good. Now what? We’re in a street right now and it can be anywhere surely.

|At this point perhaps we could blast away the entire thing| How about we don’t?

|Then all we can do is search| That’s suck, I know there’s detecting using magic or whatever but this is going to be a chore.

 

#####

 

Let’s not talk about the time it takes to find it.

“[Thunder Cage]!” Now it can’t go anywhere, time to use the finishing move.

“[Holy Bolt]!” 

*Zap*

And it’s gone.

|Good work for today| Yeah yeah, also before I forgot.

“[Mind Wipe]!” People in this area should forgot about this whole thing now, hopefully,

 

#####

 

“So apparently some sort of terrorizing going on? I simply heard of it really” Ami speak up suddenly. I think I know where this is going.

“Yeah, and apparently no one is really sure about what exactly happened” Daisuke added. Yep, the thing I did yesterday somehow ended up as a rumor, should’ve seen that one coming. Should I talk about it now or keeping it secret like most would…

“I think we shouldn’t think about something like, somehow it makes me feel uncomfortable” Tama said, probably had to do with the fact that he experienced something familiar, can’t exactly blame him.

“Yeah, perhaps we could talk about this at another time” I said to them, I also get uncomfortable with them talking about it as well.

 

———Homura Reita———

 

“It is said that no one could remember the event that has taken place” Mitsuka said to me about the mysterious accident yesterday.

“From the looks of it it’s certainly something supernatural, or perhaps magical is the better word” Yumi added, yeah, that is most likely the case.

“I’ll deal with it when we’re done with school today, you guys can do whatever” I said to them and they all nodded, Japan isn’t falling to some supernatural creature under my watch.

 

#####

 

———Fujikawa Arakan———

 

“And this time it’s the dark knight again?” I said feeling a little perplexed, it doesn’t work last time so why it will now? Or perhaps that big bad didn’t take us seriously?

|Let’s quickly get this over with| Agreed.

“[Holy Bolt]!” 

*Zap*

And there it goes, this is way easier than the one yesterday, now time to.

*Blast*

“Agh!” What the heck!? Someone just shot at me!

|It’s her!| What? … it is… we’re so screwed, I’m pretty sure we weren’t meant to fight now…

|I think the main problem is that she blast us right in the back, we barely have any life force left| Are you kidding me? Just that one spell?

“Seems like you aren’t much in the end, if that’s all you can withstand against” Damn it why does this world have to work by real life rules! There’s no way we can get out of this situation.

“But you’re still a nuisance, I must get rid of you now” She said as she’s charging some sort of powerful spell, masses of purple and red light formed over her raised right arm...

“Die! [Dark Ultima]!” And she release the energy right at us…

so this is the end…

*Zoom*

|What?| What? Someone suddenly appeared in front of us, a woman in her 20s, roughly, wearing a blue cloak, I can see some armor inside her hood.

“[Shield of Petals]” She said something as the raised her right arm forward.

*Manifest*

Suddenly a flower shaped shield appeared out of nowhere…

*Blast*

The shield lost each petal in a manner of seconds, seems like its durability in relation to that, but the one deploying the shield doesn’t seems to fear the situation in front of her at all.

*Manifest*

Suddenly another shield is put in front of the now broken flower shield, seems like she could easily create another shield to replace the last one.

After a while the barrage of power stopped, leaving the demon completely flabbergasted.

“Wha-What are you!?” She’s clearly breaking down over what I assumed to be her strongest magic being blocked, the woman in front of us doesn’t look slightly bit tired.

“As if that mattered in the end, you’ll die now”

*Zoom*

What? She just flat out teleported!

*Grab*

*Slam*

She grabbed the demon’s neck and slam it to the ground. Onlevate… do you have any idea who this person is?

|None, I’m just as confused as you are| And this person just deal with an ancient evil like it’s nothing… I’m pretty sure that’s not how the story usually goes.

*Lift*

And there she goes lifting the demon up.

*Punch*

“Gah!” And does a gut punch, that look really painful.

*Glance*

Also the whole place turned into wasteland pretty much, hopefully there’s no one around… 

“What the hell are you!?” The demon asked in a really pained voice, the mysterious rescuer doesn’t seem interested in answering.

*Throw*

Now she throw the demon into the air.

“[Wind Prison]” And chant a spell. Now the demon is stuck in a sphere of wind or something, regardless she can’t get out. Now the purple haired girl raised her arm toward the demon.

“[Frizz Cracker]!” She yelled out and what seems to be ball of flame and ice mold together aggressively around the demon and exploded in a pillar of light, it’s obviously insanely powerful and I doubt that thing can survive.

And with that there’s absolutely nothing left of the demon… is this for real?

|W-What is this person? Can she even be classified as one?| For real… oh, she turn around to look at us.

*Snap*

|Huh?| Huh? When did we got healed? Or our clothes fixed for that matter?

“Seems like you were trying to fight something a little bigger than you can chew” This woman said to me, or us rather. I’m not sure how to respond to that. This person then looked around to see the collateral damages.

“Perhaps I should’ve used another move, whatever, [Revert]” Hm? Suddenly everything around us started to recovered itself? How did she do that? 

|Time magic!? How!?| Do you know something about this?

|Time magic is a very rare kind of magic that very few have access to, to think someone in this age possess it… this person might be even more dangerous than we thought| You weren’t seriously thinking she’s an enemy right? Please say no.

|I simply said that as a precaution, I very much doubt that’s to be the case| Oh good, I don’t want to fight her. At all.

“Anyway I can see that you are two and not one, a bit of a different case than the last, what’s with that anyway?” Eh?

|To think she can easily figured it out| What’s with this person? Seriously? Should I tell her?

|Do whatever you want, there’s no point in hiding it from her now| That’s true.

“You see…”

 

#####

 

“So you two were playing magical girl?” Of course she’s saying that.

“It’s less playing and more of a serious business” I said to her.

“Whatever, and was that the big bad I just blasted?” She said sounding a little curious, if she wasn’t then what is she?

“Of course she is” I replied feeling slightly exasperated.

“That’s good to know, guess my job here is done” She said with a grin, then turn away from us.

“Wait! Who are you?” That’s what both of us really want to know. She then turned around to to look at us.

“First name Reiza, last name Warea, the Violet Azure Witch, protector of Japan I suppose” She said as suddenly a strong gust of wind appeared out of nowhere forcing me to close my eyes…

… And she’s gone… that was way too quick.

|Could that possibly be space magic?| Is that suppose to be something similar to time magic?

|Yes, both of them are considered the hardest elements to use, very few know how to use it| I see. Honestly why are we even here in the first place if someone like that existed… now what? The threat is gone, no need to do these stuff anymore… oh right, can you separate from me now please?

|...| Um… why are you staying silent? I’m really concerned right now.

|...| Please say something.

|… Forgot| … Huh?

...

|I forgot how to separate us!| WHAT!?

 

———Maova Zana———

 

“See? What did I say, it all turned out alright” I said to Tana who once again approached me and told me about the demon being exterminated, no way in hell that demon would able to do anything with the two pieces being in that country, if one doesn’t act the other will and such, it seems someone tried to stop the incident by their lonesome, not realizing how needless that is.

“It is as you said” Tana replied.

“Well if that’s all you have to say, you can go now” I said to her, she then bowed slightly and leave, seriously though with those people around the whole event became a lot more boring all things considered, like why rise to the occasion when there’s someone who can just killed them in a single spell, truly this is quite an abrupt end to the story of a demon and a mage.

“Seems like that incident turned out to be quite inconsequential in the end” Mo- Ahem. Yeig said while approaching me looking all smug as usual.

“It certainly was” I replied.

“Well I doubt the story will get any interesting soon anyway, no way someone is dumb enough to leave the hero alone to stop their schemes, like anyone with the power to stop them won’t interfere, this is not a silly tropey magical girl show after all” She said while winking, not sure to who though.

“Do you have anything else to add?” I asked.

“Well I would say this story is really not that exciting, I know it’s to send the message of why this kind of story won’t work in our worlds and how there’s really way too much main characters roaming about to create much stakes, but honestly it could’ve been done better, but it filled its purpose well enough, anyway this is the end of this one shot”

12