Chapter 1
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ The Wars to Come ~


I smothered a groan of pain as Ser Rylen clipped the amour of my dress across my belly, the twinge of pain was just one of the reminders of what I'd lost, "M'lady I know he was your good father but no one would fault you if you didn't attend today" he mumbled as he straightened and met my eyes in the looking glass. 


"I refuse to been seen as weak" I said as I brushed my hand over my belly, the swell was no longer firm or high, I swiped my hand away and winced when another shot of pain hit my abdomen "I'll be there for Jaime, and then after I shall watch my daughter be laid to rest" I turned from the looking glass and began the track, now being forced to use a carriage, to the Sept of Baelor, Ser Rylen, Ser Ashter and Storm accompanied me, the sight of a full grown Direwolf kept many at the distance as I stepped from the cramped inside but the whispering reach me nonetheless. 


It seemed all of Kings Landing hand come to see the body of Tywin Lannister who was shot and killed on his privy by his youngest son, Cersei was as angry as I had ever seen her when she came to my rooms when Tywin was found, Varys had done what I'd planned with the help of Jaime they'd gotten him out of Kings Landing on onto a ship that was heading across the sea to the Free Cities with Varys as his companion, the plan didn't include killing Tywin Lannister and the whore Shae who was found dead in Tywin's bed, strangled by a golden necklace, it was a small bonus though "lady Anaris" Margaery Tyrell said from the steps, much like she'd done with Joffery she waited her turn to pay her respects, her eyes almost bugged out of her head as she watched me walk slowly up the steps to the doors of Baelor. 


"Lady Margaery" I said back with a small nod, surprisingly she'd been a comfort as I lay in bed on a forced rest, she'd come and sit with me while she sewed, helped her own hand maidens brush out my hair so it would not be a tangled mess and kept me company while Jaime was away doing his duty by standing guard over his father, she'd even come to my aid when they wanted to put my daughter into the Sept and held them off until I came up with a better plan. 


"I'm so pleased that you're out walking," she came closer to kiss my cheek "are you sure you're going to be able to do this?" She pulled back and looked at me with pleading eyes and I nodded minutely. 


"I have rested enough" I said as I slowly made my way up the Septs stone steps and went inside the large building, catching the last of Cersei's conversation with Jaime as they stood over their fathers body. 


"Tyrion may be a monster but at least he killed our father on purpose. You and Anaris killed him by mistake, With stupidity" Cersei said spitting the words out "You're a man of action, aren't you? When it occurs to you to do something you do it, nevermind the consequences" she shook her head in disgust as Storm and I came down the stairs, I waved away my guards silently and they took a few steps back to give us a moment, Cersei gestured to Tywin's body, stones with eyes painted on them stared up at the Septs ceiling "Take a look, Look at the consequences, here they are, he loved you more than anyone in this world" she went to leave she saw me standing there, my hands on my sore belly, "Ris" she gasped, surprise flittered across her face as she took in my companion "you should be resting"


"I've rested enough" I stated as I walked closer and touched the hand that was closest to me, it was cold, unmoving, a part of me almost didn't believe that the old man was actually dead, but here he was stiff as the stones on his eyes looking like he was resting comfortably, a thing he didn't deserve "it was my idea to save Tyrion but we didn't know what he would do after, we planned on him just leaving" I met my friends eyes and sighed when hers narrowed "no one could've predicted that the whore he loved was going to be in his own father's bedchamber, not only did she swear against him in that farce of a trial but she was fucking his father as well" I shook my head in disgust "she deserved the death she received"


Cersei couldn't disagree with me, she knew I was right, even though Tyrion killed her father she knew that sight would've pushed any sane man over the edge, she didn't say a word, she just turned placed a kiss on her fathers head and left the Sept in a sweeping black dress like she was being chased away. 


"She's going to be mad for a long time" Jaime commented as he stepped next to me, I looked up and sighed deeply, his eyes reflected the emotions I was feeling right back at me, sorrow, anger and lastly disbelief at the fact that I would suddenly fall so ill that our baby was killed. 


"I know, we'll have enemies coming out of the walls in no time I'm sure" I winced and placed my hand on my abdomen, the pressure of my palm eased the pain minutely. 


"You need to rest" Jamie murmured, pressing a kiss against my forehead, "I'll be replaced soon, do you want to wait or would you like to go to the Gods Wood?" He asked, as he touched my cheek, rubbing his thumb against the small bags that were under my eyes. 


"I shall wait for you Ser Jaime, hopefully your replacement isn't Meryn Trant" I said causing Jaime to laugh slightly and kiss me on the lips gently, "Oberyn? Did Qyburn save him?" I met my husbands eyes and he nodded solemnly. 


"He did, the Mountain had done some damage, Oberyn will never see again but he lives" my shoulders slumped in slight relief, while loosing his eye wasn't ideal it was better then death. 


"Good, Oberyn is strong enough to make that work to his advantage" i murmured hoping that I was right, that Oberyn would be his normal stubborn self and fight for his life.


~~ Later ~~


I clasped my hands together over the small bundle that was lowered into a hole at the base of the Heart tree that was in what was left of the Godswood in Kings Landing, while the Heart Tree had been destroyed during a civil war that was fought between the Targaryens some 200 years ago, the stump survived while most of the High Garden as it was once called had been all but turned to rubble. 


"Ilyana Lannister" I whispered her name like a prayer, hoping and praying to the Old Gods, a hand grasped my own and I looked at Jaime who was still staring into the ground as a servant gently placed dirt over her, his eyes looked shadowed and much darker then they used to but I didn't missed the tear that streaked down his cheek, I uncurled my hands and gripped both of Jaime's tightly as Ilyana was covered completely and a stone was placed on her by the very base of the Heart Tree stating who she was and how much she meant to the family she left behind in this world, on either side of the chiseled words were a lion and a wolf. 


~~ The Red Keep ~~


Jaime and I entered the small gathering for Tywin, high lords and ladies conversed, all casting cautious looks to Cersei who was staring boredly into space as Ser Loras spoke to her "I'm unsure if Cersei wants to kill herself or Loras but I'm placing a gold dragon on the latter" Jaime chuckled quietly and leaned over to whisper in my ear. 


"We all know Cersei would never kill herself so I would be loosing" I looked up and smiled slightly "I don't like to lose" 


A throat cleared close to us and the sight of Tommen with a small smirk on his face was almost enough to make me blush in embarrassment "Uncle, Lady Anaris it's good to see you again" he looked at me sadly and looked as if he wanted to hug me as tightly as he could "I'm so sorry for your loss," 


"That's kind of you, Your Grace, as I am sorry for yours, your grandfather loved you in his own way" I said making him smile ever so slightly. 


"Lady Anaris," Margaery said as she stepped close to our small group "Ser Jaime, I'm so glad you could make it" she grabbed my hand and squeezed it making me smile at her. 


"Thank you" I mumbled to Margaery who squeezed my hand tighter and nodded in understanding, the stone was from her, she'd given it to the servants who were with us at the burial.


A barefooted man in a drab grey robe made his way past us, his shaved head was still scabbed with cuts from where his hair was cut away, "you remember cousin Lancel" Jaime murmured to me as Tommen and Margaery spoke to one another, small smiles on their faces. 


"Gods, what happened to him?" I asked as Jaime's uncle Kevan came to us as we stared at his son. 


"A group that call themselves 'Sparrows'  bloody religious fanatics" Kevan scoffed as Lancel made a beeline to Cersei who was glancing over at us "I'm sorry for your loss, my lady, nephew" I turned to Kevan as he kissed my hand gently before he went to Cersei's side. 


"Sparrows" I murmured, the name rang a bell, a very small bell that was distant "you two go mingle, there other people here who would be joyous to converse with you" Tommen grinned at me and held his arm out for Margaery to take, she accepted without hesitation and they left Jaime and I. 


"Only you can command a King and make him smile like a little child" Jaime said with a chuckle as he kissed my cheek and looked around "I'm going to go find something for you to eat, don't go too far" he smoothed my hair and took his leave as I turned and went the other way, my attention was drawn to the open door to a balcony that overlooked the Black water. 


"Lady Anaris" a voice said from behind me, I turned and smiled at Lancel who looked so different from the last time I'd seen him. 


"Lancel, I'm glad you're alright" I said genuinely, while I didn't really talk to the boy much when he was Robert's squire I did always feel sorry for the lad whenever Robert would say something about his mother. 


"As I am with you," he mumbled as he stepped closer "the High Sparrow was devastated when he heard the news of your loss as we all were" he sighed in sadness "to loose a child, such a tragic moment, I couldn't help but notice that you did not inter the babe in the Sept with Tywin" 


"We decided that she deserved to be buried under the sun" I told him and he nodded, he stooped his head a little bit so he could meet my eyes fully. 


"Under the light of the Seven?" He asked making my irritation suddenly rise, he was questioning my decision to bury my child where the sun could touch her. 


"Under the light of whatever Gods heard my prayers as she was laid to rest, cousin Lancel" I growled out and a throat cleared. 


"M'lady, come, you need to rest and your lord husband is looking for you" Ser Rylen had appeared in the shadows, no doubt watching for any signs of danger, he held his arm out and I wasted no time to tuck my arm through his and we left Lancel by the doors "do not find yourself alone with him or his lot M'lady" 


"Oh trust me Ser Rylen, I'd rather have a hot poker on my arm then be alone either Lancel and his fanatics"

0