Chapter 4 The Cradle
95 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beyond the back of Rico's villa, which was located in a mountainside, a path winds its way through the dense forest, leading to the rarely-explored wilderness beyond. At the far reaches of the upper right corner lies Mt. Conquest, a desolate peak that resembles a Roman nose. Determined to gain the experience he needs before embarking on his journey, Rico sets out to run some tests.

Dressed in his running gear, Rico exits his house through the back door and immediately finds himself surrounded by dense bush. After a short distance, he comes across a small wooden shelter, which serves as both a rain shelter and a resting place. Taking a quick break to catch his breath, Rico continues on his way up the slope.

As Rico trudges up the mountain, he fixates on a massive stone slab in front of him. With a thought, the stone slab vanishes, and Rico grins as he sees an identical stone slab resting gently on the ground on a nearby plot of land which resides in a different dimension. Knowing that objects from the outside world can be transferred to his disc world without issue, Rico exhales deeply.

Rico calls this location the "Cradle," as it is where he will explore and practice until he can create a true world. The Cradle is a kilometre-long stretch of flat land, encircled by a white ash-grey atmosphere that serves as a barrier to protect the Earth from chaos while also preventing its radiation from affecting living creatures.

There is no life in the Cradle, only dirt, stones, and water. Using his authority, Rico can observe anything within his universe as long as he wishes. The blazing orb in the sky is the sun and overall, it appeared to be a little flat earth floating in space. To support life, he built a 3 km-long atmosphere.

With a thought, the stone from the Cradle returned to the outside world. Before, Rico had no aspirations. He lacked any interests or goals to fuel his ambitions. But now that he has the disc world, he has specific goals, one of which is to build a vivid world that only exists in myths and legends.

The Cradle is missing one wide range of biological chains. The biological link will supplement the myriad laws Rico has put in the Cradle. After a life is extinguished, the Cradle will take the energy of the dead and use it to grow the world, boost its vitality, and give birth to a variety of materials.

The idea was motivated in part by the knowledge Rico had gained through visions, knowledge that Enoch had instilled in him, and articles he had read on the internet. Although it was the simplest planet he had ever heard of constructing, it was also the most basic. The Book of Enoch, which he wrote with the power of Origin, contains all that is incomprehensible to him that the white orbs had implanted inside his head. He had tried to read much of the book during the previous weeks, but he still doesn't understand 1% of it.

Rico cocked his head and scanned the area, seeing the profusion of weeds, shrubs, and other plants. "This should be alright," he thought. The Life of the Cradle will start among the weeds and insects of the ground.

Sadly, Rico's physical condition was not excellent. His long, narrow arms could hardly remove a few weeds and plants. It would destroy the plant and leave behind its deep roots if he just transports them away.

Shua!! Shua!! Shua!! Shua!! He pulled the weeds out and took a moment to rest.

After utilizing his authority to plant the weeds, a group of them soon appeared in the Cradle next to a tiny running river. Then, as he turned to look at the ground a few meters away, a boulder, the soil, and a variety of insects and microorganisms in the soil all vanished in the air and entered the Cradle.

While looking at the Cradle, Rico could see the weedy shrubs he had recently planted. These weeds have now grown into a patch of grass and tall shrubs with three to four-meter-long clumps. Why is this so? Is it because the Cradle's time flow is vastly different? Because of the size of the world, Rico could easily change time to his liking. In a tiny world, time moves at hundreds of thousands of times the speed of light. At least two years have gone in these few minutes.

Rico observed that the plant in front of him was completely encrusted with ants. He was astounded by how shiny and metallic the ants' carapaces seemed. All of this demonstrates that Earth's organisms have the power to survive. They appear to have mutated in addition to surviving.

Looking about, he spotted some mosquitoes buzzing around a neighboring pond. "I should investigate this small biological chain," Rico pondered deeply. "Let's look at what ants eat. What kind of food do mosquitoes consume? Ants appear to be crustaceans that consume anything. These mosquitoes are predators that feed on blood. Is it capable of absorbing ant blood? But how can a mosquito devour an ant with a two-centimeter-long carapace?"

"Truly fascinating." Rico beams a nasty grin.

 

1