Chapter 9 The Five King
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rico was surprised when his consciousness entered the Cradle, as the original Three Great Clans of mosquitoes, earthworms, and ants were no longer present. Instead, he found a hundred insect groups engaged in a battle for supremacy. Upon reading the Cradle records, Rico discovered that the Three Great Clans had engaged in a severe conflict and, as a result, obtained an equal share of a contaminated pork. After consuming the pork, the Three Great Clans and the entire bug group began to die, with over 95% of their members perishing within just three days.

Rico was furious at the realization that unscrupulous businessmen had continued to sell the contaminated meat, despite the obvious dangers it posed. He thought to himself, "I have been conned, you crook bastards."

The decline of the Three Great Clans presented an opportunity for other bug races to flourish. The most powerful of these new insect clans were the Centipede Clan, Cockroach Clan, Seven Stars Clan, Grasshopper Clan, and Meris Clan. Rico referred to them as "The Five Kings," with the cockroach being immortal, the centipede being the king of kings, and the Meris Clan being the most feared of them all. However, these new insects could not match the Three Great Clans at their height.

The Meris Clan, in particular, was developed by shrubs in the Cradle. They had long been a superpower, but fell behind the great clan when the big three dominated throughout their age. The evolution of the shrubs was aided by mana absorption, and a few thousand years later, a more advanced Meris Clan appeared. This clan used its vines to trap and kill any bug that entered their territory, with the smallest members being around 78 centimeters tall and the oldest and largest being 4 meters long and possessing a high degree of knowledge.

The cockroach group was the second-strongest and most numerous group, hailing from the same prehistoric period that Rico referred to as Genesis. They were insects with practically cheat-like abilities, able to fly or crawl on the ground, measuring 40 centimeters in length and possessing great teamwork. The centipede group was the third-largest group, and were the first group to appear in Genesis along with the Three Great Clans. They were vicious and skilled at poison use, measuring almost 50 centimeters in length. The remaining Seven Stars Clan group and the grasshoppers were significantly weaker, numbering only 500-600. The smaller bug species numbered about 40 to 100 and constantly lived in fear and were in imminent danger of going extinct.

The Three Great Clans, despite still being alive, were weakened by the catastrophe and had lost their power to history. They were currently hiding on the edge of the world and struggling to survive.

Some members of the insect group had developed sentient intelligence thanks to the Soul energy in the Cradle, which Rico found to be fascinating. However, the insects in the Cradle were not as noteworthy as people in the real world, with their knowledge being comparable to a human child's IQ at three or four years old. Two thousand years ago, the extermination of the Three Great Clan had blossom the Cradle with plenty of soul energy which which had been absorbed by the Cradle, causing it to grow from 1,200 meters to its present size of 3,000 meters. This also thickened the atmosphere with more soul energy.

Rico absorbed the equivalent of a couple thousand insects worth of soul energy from that accident. The soul energy was compressed by the Cradle into mana, resulting in 1 digit of mana, which is equivalent to 1 point of World Source.

Mana had great power, with at least half a ton of sheer physical power per unit of mana.

Rico decided to explore the Cradle further and learn more about the different insect clans. He knew that understanding their strengths and weaknesses could be crucial in his quest to become a powerful creator. He also made a mental note to investigate the cause of the Three Great Clans' decline and find out if there were any unscrupulous businessmen still selling contaminated meat in his area.

As he explored the different territories of the Five Kings, Rico discovered that each clan had its own unique abilities and characteristics. The Centipede Clan was known for its powerful venom and agility, while the Cockroach Clan was known for its durability and ability to fly. The Seven Stars Clan and Grasshopper Clan were weaker than the other three, but they still had their own strengths.

Rico also found that the Meris Clan, despite being the most feared of the Five Kings, was also the most vulnerable. Their vines could easily be cut or burned, leaving them defenseless. Rico knew that if he wanted to become a powerful creator, he would need to find a way to overcome this vulnerability.

As he delved deeper into the Cradle, Rico also discovered that there were many other insect species living there. Some of them were small and weak, while others were larger and more powerful. He realized that understanding the different insects and their abilities could be crucial in his quest to become a powerful creator.

Rico spent many days exploring the Cradle, learning about the different insect species and their abilities. He also began to experiment with different ways to harness the power of the soul energy in the Cradle. He knew that if he could master this power, he could become a powerful creator and achieve his ultimate goal of creating a new world.

1