Chapter 20 The Dark Ages
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Gaia World is a land of mystery and wonder, where only one continent exists, the Gaia Continent. The landscape of this vast land is marked by a central highland region, surrounded by low-lying areas on both sides. Despite its natural beauty, Gaia is still in a primitive state of society, with all of its inhabitants concentrated in the central regions of the continent.

One of the most exceptional places in the Gaia world is the Eden Plain, a land of extraordinary splendor and wonder. It is a place of unspoiled beauty, lush forests, and bountiful resources that have captivated the hearts and minds of the people for centuries. The Eden Plain is often compared to the fairylands of fantasy and lore, a place where magic and wonder seem to pervade every aspect of life.

The land of the Eden Plain is rich in resources, and the forest resources here are particularly abundant. The forest here is home to an extraordinary variety of fruit trees, unlike any found on earth. These fruit-bearing trees produce an abundance of fruit all year round, and the yield is high enough that the people do not need to work and nurture the fields. Instead, they only need to reach out and pluck the ripe fruit from the trees to sustain themselves.

But the Gaia World is not without its dangers. The people of the Eden Plain must remain ever vigilant, for there are beast that threaten the balance of the land, and monsters lurking in the shadows. Despite these challenges, the people of Gaia continue to thrive, living in harmony with nature, and cherishing the beauty and wonder of the land they call home.

But as the population of humanity continued to grow, the abundance of fruit on the Eden Plain was no longer enough to sustain them all. The once bountiful land could no longer provide for the ever-increasing number of mouths to feed. As a result, the population growth came to a halt, and a new reality emerged.

The competition for food became fierce and brutal, as human beings split up into dozens of groups, both large and small, fighting against each other endlessly. In this brutal struggle for survival, the weak and less fortunate were ruthlessly eradicated, as only the strong and powerful could hope to secure enough food to pass on their genes.

The once peaceful and idyllic land of the Eden Plain was now a battleground, where the strong preyed upon the weak, and the desperate fought for scraps of food. The once lush forests were decimated, as the people stripped them of every last fruit-bearing tree in their quest for sustenance.

The strong formed powerful tribes, using their strength and intelligence to conquer and enslave the weaker tribes. The weak and desperate were forced to serve the strong, forced to work the land and gather food for their masters.

And so, the land of the Eden Plain became a place of violence and brutality, where only the strong could hope to survive. The once-beautiful land was now a place of struggle and hardship, where the weak were consigned to a life of servitude and misery. The idyllic land of the Eden Plain had become a brutal and unforgiving place, where only the strongest could hope to survive.

At this moment, in the outer reaches of the Eden Plain, a gruesome assault is unfolding. A group of humans, dressed in crude animal leather kilts and some donning simple leaf outfits, are engaged in a brutal fight. But it is not so much a fight as it is a one-sided slaughter.

More than one hundred and fifty strong men are butchering fifty to sixty weak women and infants. All the men and boys were killed during the initial defense of their homes, leaving only the women and children to be mercilessly slaughtered.

Humans in this world have developed over the course of thousands of years, and the division of labor has begun to be divided. Men are responsible for hunting and wars, while women are responsible for gathering fruit and making tools. But now, their prey is not just animals and plants, but their own kind. Manhunting has become a common practice in this brutal and unforgiving land.

The screams of the dying echo through the once-peaceful forest, as the strong take whatever they want from the weak. The smell of blood and death fills the air, and the ground is littered with the corpses of the fallen.

The air is thick with the stench of blood and death as the warriors of one tribe march through the land, their weapons stained with the blood of their enemies. The screams of the dying echo through the fields, as mothers cling desperately to their children, trying to shield them from the brutal onslaught.

The warriors, dressed in rough animal hides and wielding crude weapons, show no mercy as they hack and slash their way through the defenseless villagers. They are not fighting for honor or glory, but for survival. For them, this is not a war, but a hunt, and the weak are nothing more than prey to be slaughtered.

As the village burns, the warriors move on, leaving behind nothing but death and destruction. For those who escaped, there is only the grim reality of their own mortality. They know that their fate is sealed, that they will soon join the countless others who have fallen before them.

For in this world, only the strong survive. And the weak are nothing but the food of the strong. The cycle of war and death continues, as the tribes of the Gaia continent fight for survival in a land where resources are scarce and life is cheap. The world is ruled by fear, violence and death. Welcome to the dark ages of the Gaia World.

More chapter in Patreon

1