Chapter 28 The Mad King 3
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the grand palace located in the Holy City, King Auther sat upon his golden throne, adorned in a glittering crown studded with precious gems. His once fiery hair now white with age, his face creased with wrinkles and darkened with age spots. The once-lively eyes now dull and grey, reflecting the weariness of his soul.

He tenderly caressed the sword given to him by Gaia, his thoughts filled with memories of his past glories. From the destruction of his village to the establishment of his mighty empire, Auther remembered the days when he was invincible.

But time had taken its toll, leaving him as a mere shadow of his former self. The once-great ruler was now old and frail, like so many mortals before him. And as he approached the end of his life, King Auther gazed into the unknown, pondering what lay beyond the veil of death.

In a daze, a brilliant figure suddenly materialized in the great hall, slowly advancing towards King Auther. The once-great ruler jolted upright, the grandeur of his years as a warlord momentarily returning to him.

Despite his advanced age, the bearing of a ruler was still evident on his weathered face. But his might was short-lived, as he recognized the familiar yet unfamiliar figure before him, and realized that all of his power and status was derived from this being.

"Auther, you have done well," Rico spoke in a stern voice, though within him sighed as he saw the boy he once knew transform into a grizzled man.

Rico's appearance was unchanged, with a regal face and broad, tall stature, shrouded in a soft glow that made it difficult to make out his features. But even so, his majesty was palpable.

"But alas, my time has come," Auther said, his voice now trembling. "I can feel the darkness closing in, my sight fading, my strength leaving me. I am but a mere shadow of my former self."

He raised a shaking hand, pointing towards the figure before him. "Is it truly you, O Great One? Have you come to grant me my wish?"

A deep sense of longing and desperation filled Auther's voice, as if his entire life had been leading up to this moment. He stared intently at the figure, as if trying to memorize every last detail.

"Bless me, O Great God," he whispered, his voice barely audible. "Lead me to the power and eternity that lies beyond this mortal world."

Hearing Auther’s mumbling, he stepped on the delicate white fur of a monstrous bear, his gaze fixed upon the old man. All he could do was sigh at the sight of his once-youthful friend, now with one eye white and blind, his body so weak that death could come at any moment.

Rico approached Auther with a soft step, his eyes filled with both pride and sadness as he gazed upon the once mighty king. He remembered the young boy he had met many years ago, full of life and potential. Now, Auther was a shell of his former self, his once robust body now frail and weakened by age.

"Auther, my old friend," Rico spoke with a gentle voice, "You have accomplished so much. You brought order to chaos, light to darkness, and hope to a despairing world. Your deeds will not be forgotten, they will live on through the ages."

As Rico comforted Auther, he felt a deep sense of warmth in his heart. He was proud of all that his friend had achieved and grateful for the opportunity to be by his side in his final moments. Despite the sadness that came with witnessing the end of a life, Rico was filled with a sense of peace, knowing that Auther's legacy would continue to inspire generations to come.

"I don't want to die, Gaia. I don't want to leave this world, to leave behind the people I have protected and loved. I don't want to be forgotten, I want to live forever," Auther spoke with desperation in his voice.

Rico looked upon Auther with a mix of sadness and understanding. He knew the weight of mortality, of living and then leaving the world behind. But, immortality was not meant for mortals.

"Auther, I am sorry. Eternal life is not meant for mortals. Your legacy will live on, your people will remember you, and the world will be better because of you," Rico consoled.

But Auther could not accept the inevitability of death. He fell to his knees, tears pouring down his face. He begged for a reprieve, for a chance to live forever. But, his pleas fell on deaf ears, and in that moment, Auther knew that he would soon pass into the beyond.

"No, that cannot be because you are immortal." Auther gulped.

"But I am not just any ordinary being, I am a deity, a creator of the world. And even I cannot escape the grasp of death." Rico's voice was tinged with sadness and regret. "Mortality is a part of life, and it is what makes life precious and valuable. Embrace your mortality, Auther, and cherish the time you have left."

Tears streamed down Auther's face as he gazed up at Rico, realizing the harsh truth that even the greatest of rulers must eventually surrender to death. He slumped back onto his throne, feeling a heavy weight settle in his chest. The once mighty king was now a frail and broken man, facing the inevitable end of his life.

"We must face our fate and accept our end. No one can escape death." Rico said

"No. That one word, spoken with a voice as rough as sandpaper and eyes blazing with determination, echoed through the hall. For Auther, the lure of eternal life consumed him completely. The glittering baubles of this mortal world were nothing compared to the eternal flame he so desperately sought.

"I have the power that everyone envies, the status that everyone yearns to attain, and the reputation, wealth, and beauty that thousands would die for. But in the face of immortality, these are just fleeting possessions, temporary trinkets that will eventually fade away. I once became entranced and consumed by the glamorous allure of the material world, but now as I age and my hair turns gray, I realize that only eternal life truly matters. I want to live forever, just like you, Great God of Gaia!." Auther's words were spoken with such passion and intensity, it was as if he had exerted all his remaining strength into his speech.

"I know this may sound harsh, but the truth is that even the gods bow down to the power of time. You have lived a long and full life, and your legacy will live on forever, but it's time for you to let go and let the natural cycle take its course." Rico spoke softly, his voice carrying a note of sadness as he watched his old friend struggle with his mortality.

He could see the pain and frustration in Auther's eyes, the desperate longing to hold onto life. Rico knew what it was like to be faced with one's own mortality, and he felt a pang of empathy for Auther. But he also knew that he couldn't change the inevitable, and that it was best for Auther to accept the reality of his situation and let go peacefully.

"I understand that it's hard to let go, but trust me, the journey ahead is filled with peace and rest. You have lived a full life, and now it's time to rest." Rico's voice was firm but kind, offering comfort and support to his old friend.

"You must have the power to stop time, to bend its will to your own. Don't play with me, Gaia I beg of you. I am old, I am tired, and I cannot bear the thought of fading away into nothingness. I must live forever, just like you. Don't take that from me, don't take my only chance at immortality!" Auther's voice grew louder and more frenzied with each word, his eyes wild with desperation.

"Auther, you have lived a long life, but you are still missing the truth. I am Gaia, the creator of this world and all its inhabitants, but time effect is not something I have control over. It is a natural force that even gods must abide by. I am not deceiving you, I am simply stating the truth. The reality of the situation is not as simple as you wish it to be." Rico spoke calmly, trying to soothe his old friend's anger. Despite his words, Auther's hope was fading fast

"Please, I beg of you, grant me immortality. I have paid my dues and more. The wars I ended, the ignorance I brought to light, the civilizations I built, all for you. I have no regrets, except for the fact that my time here is fleeting. I am haunted by the memories of the lives I took, the blood on my hands. But, even as I pay for my sins, I wish for a chance to live forever. Give me another life, a longer life, please, my Lord Gaia." Auther's voice broke, tears streaming down his face.

"Auther, you are delusional and are becoming more desperate with each passing moment. You seem to have lost sight of the truth. I gave you the power and the sword, yes, but only because you were deemed worthy by the universe. You have used it to do great things, but also to wreak havoc and cause destruction. You must understand, the consequences of your actions are yours to bear. Your pleas for eternal life are misguided and unreasonable. You must accept the path that has been set before you and face the inevitable end with grace." Rico spoke with a stern voice, his eyes flashing with a mix of anger and sadness.

"This is the test of your faith, Auther. The path to immortality is not just a gift but a trial of character. Only those who are pure of heart and have endured the hardships of life can achieve it." Rico's voice was firm but filled with grace.

"So if you truly desire to live forever, you must first embrace death and let go of this mortal coil. Only then can you be reborn, stronger, and purer." Rico's words were filled with wisdom, as if he was speaking from the mouth of the gods themselves.

Auther stood in silence, contemplating the truth of Rico's words. He knew that to reach immortality, he must first face the greatest fear of all, his own mortality.

As Rico's figure faded towards the exit, Auther's mind raced with thoughts and emotions. He could not bear the thought of losing his final hope, the deity he had put all his trust in. With a burst of energy, he chased after Gaia, determined to stop him from leaving. Despite his aging body, his movements were nimble and quick, fueled by the desperation of a man clinging onto the edge of a cliff.

Auther's heart was pounding in his chest, and his breathing became ragged as he ran. He could feel his life force slipping away with each passing moment, but he pushed himself to keep moving. The words of Gaia echoed in his mind, but he couldn't comprehend their meaning. He was consumed by the need to catch Rico, to save his own life, and to find some sort of peace in the chaos of his existence.

Auther paid no heed to the confuse guards and continued to chase after the fading figure off Gaia. He stumbled out of the hall and into the open air, his heart racing with a mixture of fear and desperation. The bright sunlight blinded him for a moment, but he quickly regained his sight and continued his pursuit. He ran as fast as his aged legs could carry him, determined to reach Gaia before he disappeared completely.

The guards followed him from a distance, unsure of what to do but determined to fulfill their duty. The bustling church seemed to slow down as Auther ran, his surroundings blurring past him in a whirl of colors and sounds. He could feel his breaths coming in short gasps and his chest tight with emotion, but he refused to give up. He refused to let Rico go without fighting for another chance. And so, he ran, his heart pounding with determination and his soul singing with the hope of a new beginning.

The awe-inspiring church tower stood tall, dominating the sky with its towering presence. As citizens of the Holy City looked slightly above the center, they could easily spot the church, a testament to the power and majesty of the Great God of Gaia.

As Auther, the king, stumbled out of the church, a young boy shouted in alarm, "It's the king!" The guards who were stationed outside quickly took notice of the commotion and quickly knelt down in reverence, shivering in fear at the sight of the king.

Auther's voice was filled with hatred and bitterness as he screamed, "You liar, Gaia! You've betrayed me, left me to suffer. I hate you. I loathe you with every fiber of my being!" The pain in his voice was palpable, and the red tears that dripped from his cheeks only added to the intensity of the moment. The surrounding guards cowered in fear, not daring to rise.

"Isaiah, did I hear that correctly?" One of the kneeling guards asked in a hushed whisper, his eyes wide with shock. "Is he actually cursing the Creator?" The gathered crowd of onlookers were equally horrified, their expressions filled with disbelief. Cursing the Great God of Gaia was an unpardonable sin, and anyone caught doing so was swiftly punished with a brutal, torturous death.

But this was Auther, the father of the empire and the very Creator of Giamor, speaking those blasphemy-laden words. The guards could feel their hearts pounding in their chests, the fear of the king's wrath clear in the air around them.

The onlookers were horrified as they watched Auther's fall from the sacred staircase. His body tumbled down the tens of meters, his once powerful form now weak and broken.

The sword that had been gifted to him by the God slipped from his grasp, piercing his body as he fell. The rosy blood stained the pure white marble steps, creating a stark contrast of red against the sacred temple.

Auther's final screams echoed through the halls, but they were nothing more than a desperate attempt to cling to life. The onlookers stood in stunned silence as they watched their once mighty king take his last breath.

"This is the punishment of the Gods," whispered one of the onlookers, "the Curse of the Gods has come to pass."

The onlookers, still in shock, could only whisper among themselves, "What will become of the empire now? Who will lead us?"

As Auther lay there, his life slipping away, he muttered his final words to Rico. With a weak and trembling voice, he whispered, "Forgive me, my friend. I have failed you. Failed the empire. Failed the people. I am sorry." His eyes slowly closed, never to open again. Rico, tears streaming down his face as he lost a loving friend.

The skies darkened as the wind picked up, sending chills down the spines of those who witnessed Auther's death. They could feel the anger and sadness of Rico, the god of creation, as if he was present in the flesh. The people dropped to their knees, paying their respects to the fallen king.

And as the last words left Auther's lips, a great storm began to brew. The skies were filled with thunder and lightning, and the wind howled with fury. It was as if the gods themselves were mourning the loss of Auther.

For a moment, the world was still. The storm died down, and a sense of peace washed over the land. It was as if the gods were saying farewell to their beloved king. And with that, Auther was gone, leaving behind a legacy of love, courage, and bravery. At least that what the History book would said.


0