Altercation
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seong thought, 'It's been quite a bit of time since I left Yun-Hee. I hope she's fine.' Right then, the section opened, so he headed into section 3, to see a few people just enter with him. Then one of them turned around and questioned, "Are you sure you will get the cure right?".

"If I wasn't, why would I have said it?" Seong replied.

The boy said, "I don't know why she trusts you; I don't get what's special about you."

"Can you keep your inferiority complex to yourself?" Seong said.

The enraged boy retorted, "Just because she trusts you doesn't mean you're a big shot. You're just going to fail and blame it on someone else and ask for more time."

"Ok," Seong replied and walked away from him. The boy kept yelling, but Seong couldn't care less. He was more focused on how Yun-Hee was doing, right at that moment Yun-Hee entered the section. Yun-Hee spoke up, "Could you shut up? It's early in the morning. If you're going to yell the entire time, then yell outside."

Seong walked over to Yun-Hee and asked, "How did it go?"

"I learned that Jin Ae was the girl who solved the assignment in section 1, but she wouldn't give any information to help them out," Yun-Hee said.

Seong thought, 'It was that girl who had rumors about her family on a welcoming day.' While this conversation was ongoing, the boy was getting completely ignored, which only fueled his temper.

He was about to go and punch Seong when the handsome boy with brown hair from yesterday intervened and said: "Do you want to get expelled? Did you forget the announcement, or do you want to refresh your brain?"

"I don't care about being expelled, I can work at my father's company; I just want to give that guy a beatdown that he deserves," answered the boy.

The handsome boy inquired, "What's your issue with him? He hasn't wronged you. Perhaps he's right about you having an inferiority complex. Amelie entrusted him, not the other way around. Step back, or you won't just face expulsion."

After hearing that, the boy instantly backed off knowing the consequences and apologized to Seong and Yun-Hee just for safety. "I am sorry for being rude to you earlier and sorry for yelling."

Seong was questioned about his actions but said, "It's fine; just don't annoy me again."

That's when Amelie entered the section and said, "How are you feeling, Seong? Do you think you're going to make progress?"

"I hope so," Seong replied.

Amelie asked, "What do we need to get today?"

"Strangler fig, 2 Bromeliads, and 4 water lilies, but we already have them, so we only need the other two," Seong said.

Amelie instructed the group, saying, "Did everyone hear him? We need these materials. Form duos and start searching like yesterday."

A boy raised his hand, puzzled, and questioned, "I was alone yesterday. Can you explain why?"

Seong admitted his mistake, saying, "That was my fault. I suggested forming a trio yesterday. I apologize."

Amelie promptly addressed the situation, stating, "From now on, groups can be trios."

Everyone got into pairs or trios and dispersed into the rainforest. For the first two hours, Seong, Amelie, and Ara found nothing. On the third hour, they found the strangler fig and decided to head to the scientist.

When they arrived, an argument was in progress. Seong couldn't see who it was between, but he could hear Yun-Hee's voice. He said, "We have to stop it fast or it could get bad there."

Seong ran to the scene and saw it was the guy from the morning. Beom Seok noticed Seong and said, "Oh, so your stalker friend is here too. Was this your entire plan—to make us think you were in danger and then gain information from us?"

"Yeah, it was. What are you going to do about it?" Yun-Hee said.

Beom Seok retorted, "This is why this group is trash—resorting to underhand ways to gain information just for a chance to beat us."

Suddenly, a pile of mud was thrown on Beom Seok's face. He angrily questioned, "Who the hell threw this on me?" while wiping off the mud.

Amelie replied, "It was me."

The moment Beom Seok turned towards Amelie, he fell silent. Amelie casually remarked, "Why did you become silent? Did you lose your voice?"

Beom Seok, in a low tone, asked, "Why did you throw mud on me?"

Amelie responded, "Your mouth and appearance didn't fit, so I tried to fix it."

Beom Seok retorted, "What did I do? This girl was the one who deceived me."

Amelie shot back, "It's an assignment, and there was no rule against deceiving people. If your group is as good as you claim, how could you not tell she was deceiving you, dumbass?"

Beom Seok fell silent and started to leave. Amelie, with a smirk, remarked, "Where are you going? who going to clean the hand I used to pick up the mud?"

"Why should I do that?" Beom Seok asked.

Amelie retorted, "Because I did you a favor of fixing your appearance, so I expect you to return the favor."

Beom Seok took off his t-shirt to use as a cloth, went to a nearby water source, wetted it, and then wiped Amelie's hand till it was clean. He asked, "Can I leave now?"

"You may," Amelie replied.

As Beom Seok was leaving, he thought to himself, 'I will get my revenge on all three of them, especially you, Amelie.'

Yun-Hee approached Amelie and expressed her gratitude, saying, "Thank you for helping me."

"I didn't do it for you. I did what I thought was right," Amelie replied nonchalantly.

Amelie then instructed, "Show us the plants you brought." Everyone followed the same method as the previous day.

Seong, still in shock from the recent events, failed to realize that the plants were in front of him. "Seong, come back to earth," Amelie said, waving her hand side by side to get his attention.

Shaking off his distraction, Seong replied, "Yes, I was lost in thought. I'll check if we have enough right now."

After checking, Seong said, "We have enough, let's go."

Both Seong and Amelie went to the pharmaceutical scientist and provided him with the plants they had gathered for the medicine.

The pharmaceutical scientist examined the plants, prepared the injection, and handed it to Seong. Seong took the injection and walked towards the robot, with Amelie following closely behind. Upon reaching the robot, Seong injected the medicine. The robot lit up, revealing a progress bar that now displayed seventy-five percent.

"Congrats, Seong. You're almost there," Amelie congratulated him.

Seong stated, "We have a fifty percent chance of obtaining the cure tomorrow or the day after tomorrow."

"Alright, let's go and inform the others," Amelie suggested.

Seong and Amelie rejoined the group and made their way to the exit. Once there, Amelie shared the good news, "Today we got seventy-five percent on the loading bar." The announcement instantly lifted everyone's spirits, and Seong's credibility was further solidified. However, amidst the excitement, Yun-Hee couldn't shake the feeling of unease, pondering, 'As smart as he is, I don't like putting all the work on Seong. Maybe it's just how this will go for this assignment.'

As the group dispersed, Seong prepared to leave as well. But, just before he could make his exit, Amelie asked, "Do you have any lectures today?"

Seong responded, "No, I don't have any lectures today."

Amelie then extended an invitation, "How about joining Minjun and me for some coffee?" as she pointed towards the handsome man who had shared information about their group cure before.

"Sure," Seong agreed.

1