CHAPTER 13: DUEL I
654 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The battle began, but the leaders did not appear, the beastmen had an advantage for their strong body and terrain.

 The battle takes place one hundred kilometers west of Artom, the country of the beastmen was not a country as such, it was only a vast territory and the inhabitants were divided into small tribes.

 That is why humans arrived quickly and smoothly.

 The first day was a massacre more than two hundred humans were killed leaving three hundred alive, on the second day there was a change since the apprentices now participated, of the five hundred beastmen, three hundred and fifty were eliminated, and of the one hundred and fiftt suvivors, half were seriously wounded.

 And the third day came where the Hero Era and his group would participate.

 When they arrived the battle had already begun, they asked the beastmen to back off and only the three of them remained against a group of fifty.

 Era had a spear as a weapon, Elenor her double swords and Yami her Loki dagger.

 In a few seconds they eliminated the trash and Yami was the only one smiling.

 Yami: "Here they come"

 With those words Era and Elenor looked around and noticed a group of three, remarkably different from the soldiers of just a moment.

 Lorenz: "Which of you is the 'Hero'?"

 Lorenz made a mocking smile when he spoke of a Hero.

 Taking a step forward Era lunged with his spear.

 The blue-haired young man in a hurry used his small shield on his left hand to block, the force making him retreat several steps.

Era: "That's me"

 Eugeni: "Damn, attacking by surprise, perhaps you have no honor?"

 The one in full armor complained and Era answered him.

 Era: "Honor?  What good is it on the battlefield?  What matters is killing and living ”

 Eugeni: "You ...!"

 Noel: "Alto she is right it is our fault for trying to be kind"

 The girl stopped the gray-haired one and looked mockingly at Era and the others.

 Noel: "After all they are only beasts, they have even enslaved our people"

 She looked at Elenor and Yami with compassion, but suddenly something froze her to the soul as if a superior being would look at her as her prey.

 Yami: "hahaha, this girl is fun, what if I fought against her?  And you decide between that gentlemen ”

 The group of apprentices looked at Yami in surprise and asked themselves a single question, 'How can you laugh when you are enslaved?', While Era and Elenor decided who to fight with.

 It was: "I choose the leader"

 Elenor: "I the one in full armor"

 While they had already decided the three looked at them how relaxed they were.

 Noel was the first to break the silence.

 Noel: "What do we do?

 Lorenz: * sighed * "Let's just keep up with them"

 Noel-Eugeni: "Ok!"

 Yami stepped forward and started to speak.

 Yami: "Hey, how about we split up?"

 The three looked at her suspiciously.

 Lorenz: "Why?"

 Yami: "You are an idiot or what, it would be a one on one fight, if we are close a partner could help"

 The apprentices nodded, they did not think they would lose, but it would be a nuisance to help each other in the fight.

 Lorenz: "Okay, if you die you will be a shame"

 Noel: "If I know, I still want to see my junior grow"

 The only thing Eugeni did was nod, while looking at Elenor appraising her.

 Yami: "Just have fun, don't worry about anything else"

 Era-Elenor: "Understood"

 Yami: "If you die I will bring you back and punish you"

 They quickly split into three and ran in different directions.

 ---- ⊙﹏⊙ ----

 Lorenz and Era headed north, Lorenz ran with all his might but Era followed with minimal effort.

 Lorenz: (True hero, teacher is also a monster, but she is still young)

 Lorenz thought that heroes were always the strongest, the truth is that Era's agility is quite high.

 When they were a kilometer away, they stopped in place where the humans and beastmen were still fighting, stopped to watch the combat, they did not know that those decisions would cost them their lives.

  Lorenz and Era introduced themselves.

 Lorenz: "I am Lorenz the apprentice of the only and true Hibiki hero, and you are?"

 Lorenz spoke arrogantly and smugly, disgusted with Era replied coldly.

 It was: "It was the Hero"

 Lorenz: "Just that ?!  Be more courteous!  Beast!"

 The next thing Lorenz knew was that his face was cut off.

 Era could not bear his attitude and immediately attacked him.

 Lorenz: "Bitch, how are you ..."

 It was: "Shut up trash"

 Without giving him time to respond, Era continued attacking him, targeting his face.

 Every time I took a step back, I took two steps forward.

 His face was cut miserably his blood did not let him see.

 Lorenz realized that he couldn't match her in speed but in strength he was superior.

 He looked for an opening and launched his attack his sword due to an oversight of Era reached his neck.

 Lorenz feeling the impact just smiled.

 Lorenz: "What a pity, she was young and beautiful"

 ?: "Don't worry, I'm still alive"

 * Stabbed *

 Lorenz: * coughed * "What!"

 A spear had pierced his shoulder and his blood flowed like a river.

 The next thing he saw was Era surprised by the sword, only he got stuck in the girl's neck and couldn't go deeper.

 Era: "Don't play, if you don't fight seriously, you will die"

 With that cold gaze Lorenz realized the mistake he had made by not taking it seriously.

---- (● ´⌓` ●) ----

 Elenor and Eugeni just gave each other their names and started fighting seriously.

 Elenor used her two swords as a gale covering them with [Burning Reinforcement] the swords collided with Eugeni's bastard sword covered in gray mana.

 The two didn't speak just colliding swords creating shock waves that the unfortunate onlookers rewritten only to be cut in half no matter who are humans or beastmen.

 ---- (^ ∇ ^) ノ ♪ ----

 Meanwhile, the only one who hasn't started fighting is Yami, she was only talking to Noel.

 Yami: "Why are you fighting for humans?"

 Noel: "What do you mean by that?  It is obvious, because I am human ”

 Yami's white eyes changed to red, Noel only saw her with surprise.

 Yami: "Humans didn't do terrible things to you?"

 Noel: "What ?!  How do you know?!"

 Noel only remembered a little of his past, the terrible past and began to tremble.

 Yami just laughed ominously and replied.

 Yami: "I don't know, they only told me about it"

 Noel: "Who?"

 Yami: "Only the people you took revenge on"

 Noel just believed her to be crazy and psyched herself up to forget her past.

 Noel: "I do not see anyone who avenges me"

 Yami: "Of course you can't, but I'll let you see them [Visible]"

 Noel's body felt colder with those words, he felt something on his skin, he wanted to turn but was terrified to know that he was behind her and closed his eyes.

 Noel: "What !!"

 She felt something familiar on her face and opened her eyes just to see the broken and rotten hands, she was surrounded by children, adults and old people in poor condition, she knew them all, she was the inhabitants of the town in which she lived.

 * Stabbed * * ripped *

 Yami: "Is it okay for you to be distracted by your old acquaintances?"

 As Yami asked, she brought the heart in her hand to her mouth and swallowed it.

22