Ch:3[Awakening the Lotus: Unveiling New Powers]
264 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ivy lay peacefully asleep in her bed, but suddenly shifted, growing increasingly uncomfortable. With a scared expression, she rolled off the bed, crashing to the floor with a loud thud. Kneeling there, she knelt in pain, holding her head and muttering, "Ouch, ouch... my head hurts."

Startled by the noise, Ivy's mother's voice filled with concern. "Ivy, are you okay? What happened? Did you fall from the bed?" she shouted, rushing to her daughter's room.

Upon entering, Ivy's mother saw Ivy, who looked cute but in pain sitting on the ground, her hands on her head. Seeing "ivy's vulnerability" ,With a warm smile, she reached out to hug her daughter, guiding Ivy to rest her head on her chest. Startled by her mother's sudden embrace, Ivy's heart skipped a beat. As a boy, physical displays of affection between Ivy and her mother had gradually lessened over time. Now, as a girl, Ivy couldn't help but feel a surge of warmth and surprise at her mother's hug, realizing it was one of the benefits of being a girl. Tentatively, Ivy slowly relaxed into her mother's embrace.

 Ivy's mother seeing acts of her daughter"Silly girl, you're about to become a grown-up, yet you still sleep like this and act so childish. What will you do when you go out into the wilderness?" she teased affectionately.

Relaxing in her mother's embrace, Ivy was about to respond when she noticed something peculiar. With a "Huh," Ivy felt her mother's abdomen, which surprisingly had six-pack abs.

Despite her aching head, Ivy was in awe of her mother's abs. She noticed her mother's hands, sensing something gathering where her bump was. As Ivy's pain subsided, she felt comforted by the energy's effect. However, the feeling vanished suddenly, along with her headache, as her mother, who was probably responsible, stopped. Ivy exclaim's in her mind, "Wow, was that vim energy?"

Smiling, Ivy's mother sensed her daughter's reaction. "Sweetie, how much time will you spend in your mother's embrace?" Then, suddenly, her expression turned serious as she held Ivy's shoulders. "Ivy, as I've already told you and will tell you once again, don't tell anyone about this, not even a single person. Let no one know about our powers. You know the consequences if it's exposed; not only we but our whole family will be in danger."

Nodding, Ivy said, 'Mom, you can trust me,' while many thoughts were racing through her mind. She pondered if this rarity meant they were special and resolved to learn as much as she could.

Unable to contain herself, Ivy asked her mom, leaning on her while hugging her, 'My beautiful mom, can you also teach me how you did that, pretty please?'

Chuckling, Ivy's mother said, 'You used to act the same when you were 13.' She continued, 'Ivy, you can, but it depends on how early you awaken the abilities you have inherited from me.'

Interrupting, Ivy asked, 'Mom, does that mean our family is unique?'

Her mother, seeing stars shining in her daughter's eyes, says, 'Ye..yes, we are. I, your mother, am not a human but an evolved rare species, and you are a half-human. Now you can probably understand why I warned you not to tell this to anyone all the time . We both are very rare species, so you can probably think of our fate if a human higher-up gets info about us.

'To which ivy nods 'yes mother' Ivy curiously asks if dad knew about that, to which her mother says, 'Of course, dearie. Your father was the first person to know that and he also helped me in my hard times ivy mother said this while smiling, reminiscing her old past .As ivy thought in her mind "hehe..,mom-dad love story ' ignoring Ivy's reaction, her mother continues, 'We, mother-daughter pair, should have same constitution as you have inherited you features from me, but your brother has inherited his father genes although he can fall into the category of half-ling but is still a human at the end and my bloodline in your brother is very dilute but it's different for you

"Mom really looks confident in my awakening." Ivy's mother continued, "So, where was I...? If you awaken your abilities early like me, you will be hailed as a genius in our clan," but she stopped abruptly. "Oops, I got carried away. And if you want to know more, awaken your abilities and you will get all the answers."

Pouting, Ivy said, "Come on, Mom, can't you at least tell me our species name?"

Firmly, her mother said, "No means no. First, awaken your abilities," to which Ivy could only say, "Yes, ma'am!"

Turning her attention, Ivy noticed her mother's abs as she touched them she asked, "Mom, how did you get these lady killers?Ivy feeling something wrong in her sentence one more says"ahh.. I mean killers."

Surprised, her mother said, "Where did you learn all this?" Then, with a smile, she teased, "And, you're tickling me on purpose, right, Ivy?"

Caught off guard, Ivy tried to explain, but her mother playfully tickled her until Ivy begged her to stop.

Finally relenting, Ivy's mother said, "Get up. You've already slept for four hours. Now, wake up, wash your face, and do your practice or help me with chores."

As she stood up, white glowing strands fell around Ivy, and she screamed in fear. Concerned, her mother asked, "Ivy, what happened? Are you okay?" But Ivy pointed at the strands, confused by her mother's unable to see them.

 Seeing nothing, Ivy's mother reassured her, "It may be just a temporary side effect but there is a side-effect that we become overly sensitive to emotions as we awaken our abilities." 

 Ivy's mother leaves the room, while Ivy, still cautious of the strange white strands, decides to touch them to see what will happen, thinking to herself, "Now it all depends on my luck," she closes her eyes.

 Ivy touches the white strands, they break apart into a glowing static, disintegrating into tiny particles. A strange energy flows into Ivy, causing her to undergo a transformation. She feels her body changing, and a lotus-like petal forms on the side of her neck. Suddenly, a blue translucent screen appears in front of her, startling her.

[Lotus Radiance Petal:(stage 4)(20)]

[Lotus Radiance Petal body:(stage 4)(10)]

"What in the hell... A system!" Ivy exclaims, startled by the  appearance of the screen.

Observing the blue translucent screen and the radiant petal body, Ivy wonders what it all means. She notices some more strands on the floor and, now curious, she touches each one. As they disintegrate, energy flows into her once more, and the blue translucent screen reappears.

[Light elemental Talent:(Advanced stage)(10)]

[Light elemental Talent:(Advanced stage)(20)]

[Radiant Touch skill:(Beginner Stage)(30)]

[Lotus Radiance Petal body:(stage 4)(23)]

Once again the strange energy flows into her, Ivy feels her body changing once again. Knowledge about new skills floods her mind, including the ability to heal with a touch. Ivy's exhilaration grows, she begins to envision all the incredible things she can accomplish with her newfound abilities. 

Realizing that she now possesses these skills, she feels unstoppable.With a completely red face ivy says" this changes everything!" she declares, her excitement evident. "This is just the start of a whole new chapter of my bugged life," she adds, her determination shining through.

"And oh," Ivy added with a smile, "I should probably change my clothes first. I'm curious to see how I look!" With that thought, Ivy headed to her closet, excited to see her new face.

Hey there, venerable readers,

Just a heads up: I won't be able to drop the next chapter for about a month. Got some big exams coming up that could pretty much decide my future, so gotta buckle down and hit the books hard. Appreciate your understanding and patience during this time. Promise to come back with more chapters ASAP! Thanks a bunch for sticking with me.

Oh, and by the way, I've only just started uploading the chapters, so there's plenty more to come once this exam madness is over!

Cheers!

11