Chapter 1
165 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Floating in the aether, a soul regains consciousness inside a black and purple sphere-like construct.

(Where am I? Who am I?)

As the soul tried to remember how it got here, it found that it could only remember simple things about itself. Like that it was female, her favorite color was purple, and that she was once human. Nothing could prepare her for this, and she was extremely confused about everything.

[Ding! You have unlocked the Mana core system, you can create your own dungeon now!]

(What..? Who are you..?)

[I'm your personal helpful system guide, name's Navi!]

(Well what can you do?)

[Here!]

[Ding!]

Name: None

Race: Mana Core

Durability: 100%

Mana: ∞

Quest: Create your first level!

0/1

 

Skills:

Active:

Identify

Mana manipulation

Passive

Mana Producer

#%$@

Dungeon Creation:

[Create Level]

(Um... what does it mean by create a level?)

[As a mana core you can create levels to a dungeon, your home and the place where you can produce mana safely.]

(Then I wish to create a level.)

[Ding!]

Choose a Level Theme:

Luna(Moon)

Terra(Planet)

Mechanical Planet

Biomechanical Planet

Steampunk Planet

Cyberpunk Planet

(I like biomechanical! It seems cool.)

[Ding!]

You have chosen the theme: Biomechanical Planet

Suddenly a large planet made of what looked like technology, only mimicking soil and rock appeared under the soul's mana core. From the ground a pedestal rose and gently lifted the soul's core off the ground. The soul began feeling like her body was connected to every part of the planet, and feeling great, began to shape her world more accurately. 

First surrounding herself in a ball of earth, she moved the ball to the core of the planet, and connected it to a portal on the surface, then she began shaping mountains and hills, to provide a more accurate looking planet. Opening her level creation menu again, the soul felt that something more was needed, but had no idea what to add.

(Hey Navi? Do you have any idea what I should add?)

[Ding! You could try creating some plants for your world.]

(Thanks! by the way where are we?)

[Oh? this is the Creation Space, it's where all creation deities, dungeons, and artists have their work created.]

(Artists?)

[Whenever a piece of art is created, whether abstract or not, it manifests as a real object here, and some creation deity might use it as a building block for their world, or a universe might insert it inside itself, a good example is when an artist creates a landscape and a universe uses it to help fill out a world.]

(Oh. well off work!)

Create a Plant/Fungus

Create Seed(Grass)

Create Seed(Tree)

Create Seed(Flower)

Create Spores(Mushroom)

(Create a grass seed first!)

Suddenly a menu with settings on creating a custom seed appeared in front of her using the template of grass. Adding a more efficient oxygen production, and some thicker blades, the soul then confirmed the creation of the seed, a small patch of mechanical but green grass, and as it slowly began to permeate the atmosphere with oxygen, the soul began work on the next plant.

Opening the menu once more, this time she chose to create a tree, this tree would grow to massive heights and live for centuries, and it would channel sunlight into glass like fruits to provide light to the grass under it. the fruits would only grow on the highest branches, and would be the size of watermelons, but would have rinds strong enough to handle falling from large drops.

The trees would be called Sun Spruce, even if they weren't actually spruce trees. placing the seed which was the size of her core into the ground, a massive tree of almost 300 ft tall grew rapidly its biological but still mechanical truck giving off an uncanny feel. Looking at the fruits, they had a lightbulb like feel to them with the leaves of the tree absorbing the sun and turning some of it into electricity to fuel the glow of the fruits.

Satisfied with her trees, she began work on the final plant, a flower that would serve as the first monster in the dungeon, it would be partially parasitic, attaching itself to the massive trees and partially carnivorous, preying on humans and other monsters. It looked like a lily of the valley only when something steps under the massive flower it snatches them up and begins to dissolve its prey.

The soul decided to name the flower Weeping Maidens as she hoped they evolved into more alraune-like forms, if one killed the flower they could use its petals as medicine giving incentive to kill them. Placing the seed in a notch in the tree's trunk, it grew rapidly and bloomed, revealing a lure that looked similar to a crying human woman.

Now beginning work on the mushroom, she created a species that ate the leftovers from a weeping maiden's kills, calling them Bone Collectors, they had a skull like pattern on their fruiting bodies and contrary to their appearance, are very delicious and full of essential vitamins. The soul spread the spore throughout the forest that had begun to grow, and small little skulls appeared under the flowers.

(All my species look so cool! I especially love the Weeping Maidens, Hey Navi, can I create a body for myself?)

[Ding! I thought you'd never ask! Yes and no, you can create a body for yourself, but it is limited to monsters you have already created, so currently you's be stuck in the body of a Weeping Maiden.]

(Fine with me, I'll just modify it to be more mobile than a normal one.)

A new menu opened up and a visual representation of a Weeping Maiden appeared, the soul then modified it to lack any need to parasitize and have four vines that could be used for moving around. Rapidly all weeping maidens suddenly changed to reflect any modifications, and some began to move to more advantageous spots.

(Alright now I wish to create my body!)

[Ding! Avatar creation menu opened!]

Suddenly a menu full of the options available to her appeared in front of the soul, however it only had one option.

Choose a monster as your avatar:

Weeping Maiden Alraune

(Warning! You will not be able to change your avatar after choosing!)

(Weeping Maiden Alraune it is!)

Quickly and Suddenly, the soul perspective shifted and a flowery body formed, only instead of the beautiful white petals of the original weeping maidens, the soul had black petals, blacker than night and beautifully formed. Suddenly the eyes on the lure open and its head looked around before the rest of the body began to move.

Stretching her vines, and working the stiffness from her limbs, the soul finally had a true body, and would give herself a name in celebration. Opening her bodies mouth she began to speak for the first time.

"My name is now... Blake!"

8