Chapter 2
48 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The King’s Avatar

The trip from T City to H City was a long one taking more than 30 minutes even though they were on A bike and the road was relatively clear. 

When they arrived it was already 7:16 pm. Xue'er takes off her helmet and places it on her Sister's bike. 

Walking straight to the door and before she even got a chance to knock on it, the door swung open, revealing their father in simple clothing. 

"Littler Xue! MingMing! Come here, Come here, give your dad a hug!" Before she gets swept away by the storm that is her father, she ducks under him, goes straight inside, and places down the snack she brought. 

Mingxi gives her dad a big hug and Their father returns in kind, Xue'er also comes back and hugs their father lightly from behind. 

“Welcome back, dear.” their mother, Xiao Huo, greets them as she takes off her apron, “The food is ready, come come let us eat first.”

Nodding to her mother, Xue'er walks into the dining room with her father and sister, only to see most of their favorites on the table. 

There's even Fried rice and spicy fried chicken salad, her favorite! For Mingxi there are dumplings, dim sum and Kang pao chicken, and much more. 

“Sit down, sit down.” Her mother urged her to, Xue'er sat down next to her sister with Her father and mother on the opposite side. 

“Well, now that we're all here, let's eat!” her father announced loudly, with that the four of them started to eat. 

Taking their favorite and each other, the four eat happily as they watch the news on TV. Talking about life, getting teased by her sister, and throwing her sister down the drain with the news of her newest break-up. 

Joking with each other, dinner was a good time. 

Dinner passes by quickly and soon night time comes. Xuer'er sits by herself on the sofa, Mingxi has already passed out from drinking too much and is sleeping upstairs, while her father is still awake he is not good enough to be a conversation partner with how waste he is.

In fact, Xue'er was very surprised that her father was still awake at all. 

Finishing the daily quest on her game, Xue'er opens the TV to see what channel she has to pass before bed. Changing one channel after another, she found nothing interesting, but just as she was about to shut the TV down, one channel stood out to her. 

“Glory? It aired on TV too?” deciding to check the game before she actually plays it, she watches while taking out the last melon seeds bag she bought. 

“Hello! We are back with one of the final matches of Today, Excellent Era vs Samsara! A former 3 time champion vs the Current Champion, so Teacher Li what do you-”

“What are you watching Little Xue?” Her mother came to her from behind, drying her hand on the apron. 

“It's a match from Glory. I didn't think it was that famous that they have TV shows on.” Xue'er replied as her eyes focused on the TV.

“I see, don't stay up too late, ok? And don't forget to brush your teeth before sleeping.” her mother left her, taking her father upstairs before he actually slept on the table. 

“Oh! The map Samsara chose is Snow Village! And for the first fight of this match is… Wang Ze and his matchstick vs Du Ming and His Moon Luring Frost!” 

As the commentators begin, she decides to ignore them and focus on the match at hand. With the map being loaded, she saw the character start to move, a flashy dual-wielding gun user climbing up high in the tower in the middle of the map without care, using some sort of skill that sent him flying higher. 

“Oh! It seems that Wang Ze wants to get some high ground for his Barrett snipe! He even uses a delivery gun to make it look flashy too!” as the younger commentators announced loudly and excitedly, another one was watching this calmly. 

“Ah young people, wanting to look flashy are always Wang Ze's weakness, not only did he announce his position but he also didn't know where Du Ming was hiding among all this house.” 

Just as he finished saying that, the sudden sound of the gun gained her focus back to the match, she saw the gunner changing weapons, from a dual handgun to a sniper. And he is aiming at something and shooting randomly. 

No, he is not shooting randomly, if she focuses she can see that a small patch of black is currently evading the bullet, as if it knows what she thought, the camera changed focus to the opponent who is dodging the bullet with precise movement. 

He zig-zagged around and slashed his sword 3 times and it changed his direction completely, closing the distance between the two. 

“Du Ming is coming closer with each second! Looks like Wang Ze’s form is off today as he can't even hit once!”

She watches as Du Ming dodges the bullet another two times before he finally reaches the tower and begins climbing it at a rapid pace. 

“Oh looks like Wang Ze's skill is off now! What is he going to do to stop Du Ming from reaching him?” 

As Du Ming climbs higher and higher, Wang Ze jumps down from the building toward where Du Ming is, he pulls out his guns and aims at Du Ming, firing rapidly toward Du Ming earning the first hit of the game. 

Du Ming, jumped out of the building, raising his broadsword and lung toward the flying Wang Ze. 

“As expected of the Berserk Bladmaster! He didn't care that he took damage and used a sky-plunging blade after Wang Ze without fear, and his attack connected!”

Just as the commentator said, the attack connected and Wang Ze was stunned and sent higher in the air, not losing the opportunity, he quickly follow up with another plunge attack and send a triple slash toward Wang Ze's character, he slash in a circular arc sending an aura that hit Wang Ze's character sending it even higher. 

“He is not giving Wang Ze the breathing room! Using Sword strike rend the sky as a follow-up and combo with triple slash and a sword draw! But why is he sending Wang Ze higher? At this rate he not going to catch-”

Before the commentator could finish, Du Ming's character did something which caught her eye. He slashes his sword upward sending him higher with Wang Ze, then he slams his sword down sending Wang Ze crashing toward the ground. 

Wang Ze's character turned to a blue mote of light as it disappeared. 

“Du Ming uses a rising dragon slash and makes him fly higher toward where Wang Ze is and using the falling light blade, he sends Wang Ze crashing down and dealing massive damage, killing him in an instant!” the loud commentator said.

“with this! Samsara scored one point! What do you think of this, Teacher Li?” he turned to ask the calm commentator next to him. 

“A good play by Du Ming, taking advantage of the height of the tower and how Wang Ze likes to play flashily, he takes the moment where Wang Ze jumps down without considering the height of the tower and only focuses on Du Ming.” Teacher Li or whatever he called said. “I would say, this is a misplay from Excellent Era-”

Vzzzt Vzzzzt

Looking over at her phone vibrating, she saw the alarm she set for when to sleep ringing. Shutting down the TV, and closing the light, she walked back to her room with the light from her phone only to see Mingxi's naked body in her room snoring. 

Sighing, she covers Mingxi with a blanket and closes the door, look like she is going to sleep in Mingxi's room tonight, again. 

1